Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VL2M STUDIO

WIP Community Project - Jaguar Doom Recreated From Memory

Inspired by @Engired's works, I am happy to start the following Community Project!

Logo.png.d7c481d5abffcad8c44266e8dbb1f994.png

In case you didn't know, Jaguar Doom is slightly different. Click here too see the differences.

Tutorial: https://forums.atariage.com/topic/162133-doom-level-hacking-tutorial/

Alternative link: http://pscd.ru/info/1817-izmenenie-urovney-v-doom-dlya-atari-jaguar-doom-level-hacking-tutorial.html

MAPSET - SLOTS ARE FILLED

Spoiler
  1. Hangar - @DuckyCart
  2. Plant - @ValveMercenary
  3. Toxin Refinery - @mr-around
  4. Command Control - @HEXWALKER
  5. Phobos Lab - @mr-around
  6. Central Processing - @HEXWALKER
  7. Computer Station - @DankMetal
  8. Phobos Anomaly - @Ash4ash + Me
  9. Deimos Anomaly - Me
  10. Containment Area - @taufan99
  11. Refinery - @DuckyCart
  12. Deimos Lab - @HEXWALKER
  13. Command Center - @DankMetal
  14. Halls of the Damned - Me
  15. Spawning Vats - @HEXWALKER
  16. Tower of Babel - @DuckyCart
  17. Hell Keep - @taufan99
  18. Pandemonium - @realjohnmadden
  19. House of Pain - Me
  20. Unholy Cathedral - @DankMetal
  21. Mt. Erebus - Me
  22. Limbo - @HEXWALKER
  23. Dis - @DuckyCart
  24. Military Base - @DuckyCart

RULES

Spoiler
  1. No joke maps.
  2. You can only look at the original map a maximum of 3 times, and play it the same amount of times. Try implementing the difficulty differences.
  3. Obviously do not cheat and just directly copy the whole level.
  4. Build the map for the vanilla Doom 2 format. Make sure to test it out in a vanilla-focused source port before submitting. If you can test it in Jaguar Doom or Calico that would be great.
  5. You can only take a maximum of 2 3 4 5 maps. If the project is at danger of dying, you can request more maps.
  6. No custom textures. We don't have a way for adding custom textures in Jaguar Doom anyway. Use only the textures specified in the texture WAD (see below).
  7. You do not have to implement the multiplayer content. Multiplayer Jag Doom sucks from what I've heard.

TEXTURES

Spoiler

Here is a WAD with all the textures Jaguar Doom uses.  RESOURCES.7z 
Alternative download link :https://www.mediafire.com/file/2b26hdcyte6s0do/RESOURCES.7z/file

If I am not allowed to share this I will take it down.

Hopefully we can get this done by this year.

The final result will be made a patch for the Jaguar Doom ROM.
I wish you all good luck, and lots of fun!

Edited by VL2M STUDIO : SLOTS FILLED, AGAIN

I'll take Hangar. Glad to see Doom 1 being done again (even if it's in a different form) as the original Doom The Way We Remember It and other projects had a bit of a jokey feel to them. It's a concept that can definitely be worth expanding on and I'd love to see it at its full potential.

1 hour ago, Individualised said:

I'll take Hangar. Glad to see Doom 1 being done again (even if it's in a different form) as the original Doom The Way We Remember It and other projects had a bit of a jokey feel to them. It's a concept that can definitely be worth expanding on and I'd love to see it at its full potential.

Alright. Send the map here or in DMs when you are done.

Hey! A Jaguar mapset, bring it on! I'm taking Plant, gonna have to check the layout a few times to get the maze in an okay state.

Also:

The textures used in Jaguar Doom have been modified in order to optimize the game size, so make sure to check in case some texture has a bad alignment on your maps.

I'm planning to release a Freedoom Resource WAD with these modifications so you can use them when mapping, if that's okay to you @VL2M STUDIO.

1 hour ago, ValveMercenary said:

Hey! A Jaguar mapset, bring it on! I'm taking Plant, gonna have to check the layout a few times to get the maze in an okay state.

Ok, you got Plant.

1 hour ago, ValveMercenary said:

Also:

The textures used in Jaguar Doom have been modified in order to optimize the game size, so make sure to check in case some texture has a bad alignment on your maps.

I'm planning to release a Freedoom Resource WAD with these modifications so you can use them when mapping, if that's okay to you @VL2M STUDIO.

Freedoom resource WAD? That would be neat.

If you don't want to extract textures from Doom 1 and 2 and you own a copy of Jaguar Doom, try dumping it and send it to me so I can make a resource WAD for you.

1 minute ago, mr-around said:

Let me take MAP03 and MAP05 (am I afforded to take two slots right now?)

Yes, that is no problem.

27 minutes ago, Individualised said:

Honestly just the resource .WAD would probably be okay, as things like Doom Textures for Doom 2 are allowed here.

Welp, in that case, sure.

Just now, VL2M STUDIO said:

Alright

Also, is there any chance you could DM me an alternate resource wad? Windows Defender is recognizing it as a virus.

1 minute ago, Biz! said:

Also, is there any chance you could DM me an alternate resource wad? Windows Defender is recognizing it as a virus.

That is very odd. Try entering Windows Defender and click on Protection History. Go to the quarantine and restore it from there.

1 minute ago, VL2M STUDIO said:

That is very odd. Try entering Windows Defender and click on Protection History. Go to the quarantine and restore it from there.

Only allows me to Allow, not quarantine.

Click on Allow

I'd rather not, if it was warning me, could you just dm a mediafire link to the zip instead?

Just now, WorldMachine said:

Lol, imagine Club DOOM from memory, ik it's a PSX thing but still, it be pretty funny 

If this thing works out I might do PSX Doom from memory too!

If this thing works out I might do PSX Doom from memory too!

Just do the PSX exclusive levels being that I think all the Jaguar Levels the same as the PSX levels

Just now, WorldMachine said:

Just do the PSX exclusive levels being that I think all the Jaguar Levels the same as the PSX levels 

True.

Just now, Biz! said:

Yeah, unfortunately it won't let me download it either, you can take me out of the project, sorry for wasting your time.

Alright. If you say so. No need to apologize.

Speaking of recreating things from memory, I think a DOOM 64 from memory would be interesting to see, being that I don't think alot of people even remember half of those levels. Which is sad...

7 hours ago, WorldMachine said:

Speaking of recreating things from memory, I think a DOOM 64 from memory would be interesting to see, being that I don't think alot of people even remember half of those levels. Which is sad...

There's an ongoing community project like that at the moment, but I have no idea on its recent progress via Discord, since the thread itself hasn't been updated in a while.

Finished Deimos Anomaly, will think which map should I take next. Waiting for your maps as well.