Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leileilol

OFTC

Anyone else getting suddenly 'banned' from OFTC?

Note I said OFTC, and not #zdoom or any particular so save your personal drama for someone else.

[12:48] -xenon.oftc.net- *** Banned autokilled: *@81.93.247.141 Please fix your IRC client. Mail support@oftc.net with questions/when done. (2008-02-29 17:47:57)

Apparently a couple of other doomers got this too

EDIT: I seem able to get on now. Weird.

18:24 -!- Topic for #oftc: Sorry, that kline/akill was caused by a bug in
services. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience

Please fix your IRC client

Hmm, auto-blocking people for using the "wrong" program? like all those wanky scripts that used to be popular in the 90's that blocked you from entering certian pages if you used MSIE or Netscape (lulz, remember that?). I think i went to somewhere recently with a twattish "Hi i've noticed your'e using IE, try Firefox it's way better". Yeah because i want a browser that pops up a popup to tell me it's blocked a popup, only blocks popups i WANT to see (like news stories on news websites, and the 'time remaining' window when i log into my halls network) and has no "show image" fuction for when they don't load on my shitty uni connection, so i have to view EVERY ONE INDIVIDUALLY to "remind" them all to load. Yeah, great browser that.

deathbringer said:

a bunch of stupid ranting

Or perhaps the person(s) in question had clients that were doing something that negatively affected the network?

Yeah, it's not like OFTC is spamming its users and requiring them to use unsafe IRC clients - unlike what happens in some dubious sites when you use Firefox with Adblock, which tell you that using that app constitutes a violation of their right to nag you with adverts.

Speaking of which, I really don't like the fact that GMail can detect that I'm using Firebug.

leileilol said:

yeah, what about dean

Dean and I got banned from OFTC, along with a couple others I think, for idling in a room which happened to have a torrent link in it, due to which dumbass, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure most of us got unbanned, I know I did. This all happened about a week ago.