"Congestion Control" is an action packed map for Doom II - my most detailed level till date, with a few new graphics as well. Also it's the first level I'm releasing at my new site, Karthik82.com (heh). Plus, it has a huge text file (this one) which makes good reading (atleast I hope so), and some goodies!
And since this file is big, if you don't have the patience to read all of it, this is what you need to know...
doom2 -file cct.wad
Yes, that's all.
* My brother Varun for playtesting and useful feedback, and also for making three textures for this level. They look great and are very professional, but that's not surprising since he's always had a talent for graphics.
* Tobias Münch and Pablo Dictter - for Doch and pictures of Doch!
* Seriously now, Tobias' map "Hot Blood" was an inspiration to me for making all the "red" areas of this level. Pablo's secret level for his "Subversion" episode was also inspired by the same map.
* To everyone who has given me feedback on my levels, and feedback on the screenshots I posted on this one!
* To all the people who made demos for my earlier levels.
* The authors of all tools used to make this level.
* The 9th Gate Team for being the great friends that they are!
* id Software of course.
* You for downloading/playing the level!
New level from scratch
I built this thing between June and October 2002, whenever I had the time.
DoomCAD 6.1 by Matt Tagliaferri - Editing ZenNode 1.1.0 by Marc Rousseau - Node Building BSP 5.0 by Colin Phipps - Node Building Wintex 4.3 by Olivier Montanuy - Putting the WAD file together (map and some of the resources) XWE by Csabo - Inserting the new graphics and cleaning up the final WAD Paint Shop Pro 6.0 by Jasc Software - making the new graphics