Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gibbon

Sprinkled Doom - 3.4.1 (updated June 12th 2022)

Thanks!

Fixed in latest commit.

I won't be adding any toggle for increased / removed limits.  It simply touches too many things and the amount of if statements / wrappings I'll have to do is too much.

9 hours ago, Gibbon said:

I have removed both things and another sexy vanilla hack has been re-established into Sprinkled.  It appears that Sprinkled is 'the only' port that is limit-removing and has this feature intact, woop! (Maybe Rum and Raisin will also render it correctly, I don't know).

Which map is that and how does removing the wiggle fix "fix" it?

7 hours ago, fabian said:

Which map is that and how does removing the wiggle fix "fix" it?

It is this set

infocean.zip

See this commit: https://github.com/atsb/chocolate-doom-plus-plus/commit/fee6e3f33463d11e9320d2f63639f18744bbb77e

So this effect assumes a 180 degree angle added to the segs on top of what it should have been (choco and vanilla both seem to do this).

I couldn't test it piece by piece as removing the wiggle code means you must remove it all at once, but it looks like the culprit would be Crispy's 'R_ScaleFromGlobalAngle' in r_segs (rather than the Choco version in r_main') is messing up the angle and forcing the effect to not be displayed.

Seems to happen in Crispy and Doomretro.  I didn't test Woof or other ports as this is a vanilla hack and I'm assuming it wouldn't work properly in non-vanilla ports.

Edit:

Maybe @bradharding would also want to take a look at doomretro's code to see if it can be added back too.

Edited by Gibbon

Finally, 3.4.1 is done.  This is what 3.4.0 should have been.  Hence it is a minor hotfix.

Changes:

• Fixed Widescreen issues with flats wobbling
  • Infinite ocean fix
  • 4:3 vanilla mode causing flats to not render correctly
  • Removed wall wobble fix
  • Merged latest Choco commits (as of 12.6.2022)

The last one was a pain in the arse and I had to manually fix the conflicts..  but it is there now.

And yes, Sprinkled can handle the full MAP29 of Hellbound.  However, there are obviously some performance issues.  The regular wad is fine, however.

a Windows build will be done soonish.  Unix will always be priority.

For now, this will be the Sprinkled Doom that was always intended.  I deem it now feature complete and it will only contain Choco merges from now on.

Edited by Gibbon