Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ofisil

THEME-GAWAD PROJECT #1

16 minutes ago, Ofisil said:

@xScavengerWolfx sure thing. My midis are free for everyone to use :D The only thing I ask of you is to send me a link to your work so I can check it out.

Ok do you have a file of the midis. 

I can post the link here when finished

Hey there people, one final update before the big end.

I will be afk for a week or two, so I won't be able to work on the project.

Plz send over the final maps, or any fixes and when I return I will start wrapping things up.

I know i got my two maps in and tested at least map03 but when i was playing the beta again i saw my map 31 was in as well. So i'm all good on my end. 

Here is my final map for THEME-GAWAD. I know I'm very... VERY late to uploading this, but I finished it.
The Midi @Demonic Meatball made for it is honestly the best part about this map. I honestly wish it would be used on a much cooler map but I'm grateful for Meatball to make one for me. This map isn't that special, but I think the cathedral is pretty cool. I also enjoy this warzone in the middle of the desert. Nothing wrong with the level that I know off. Thank you Ofisil for making this project =)

Spidertemple.zip

11 hours ago, Skronkidonk said:

Here is my final map for THEME-GAWAD. I know I'm very... VERY late to uploading this, but I finished it.
The Midi @Demonic Meatball made for it is honestly the best part about this map. I honestly wish it would be used on a much cooler map but I'm grateful for Meatball to make one for me. This map isn't that special, but I think the cathedral is pretty cool. I also enjoy this warzone in the middle of the desert. Nothing wrong with the level that I know off. Thank you Ofisil for making this project =)

Spidertemple.zip

I played through the map real quick. It looks cool, the spider turrets work really well and create some nice unique fights at the start.

The last switch to the exit does have a different texture than the others, I don't know if thats intentional. Also, the textures on those pillars with the switches inside seem to be off. Lastly, I believe spider masterminds are not allowed this early.

Gameplaywise I'd add a bit more ammo or a supershotgun/chaingun at the start, I ended up pistoling the archvile.

Great Map and awesome action. 

17 hours ago, Fiendish said:

Here is the final version of my map. I reduced the number of slime trails as much as I could and made a few last tweaks to some of the encounters. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1diRNIRxunmDEtEh9bVCIKSJdNofA0ZvG/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for organizing this, Ofisil!

Played the map, didn't find any major problem

The only one complaint is that thing 571 (Floor lamp near the exit) obstructs my jump from the ledge above due to its infinite height, while I don't see it.

15 hours ago, Skronkidonk said:

Spidertemple.zip

I tried your map too and I am somewhat at a loss about what am I supposed to do with only a shotgun. I know the project is said to aim for continuous play, but it's not an option right now.

I also archvile-jumped the first barrier.

9 hours ago, Skronkidonk said:

Here we go! I added some ammo for the archvile and mancubus at the beginning. Also a few cells and rockets for continuous players.

SpiderTemple.zip

So I am supposed to shotgun the arch-vile after all?

6 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

So I am supposed to shotgun the arch-vile after all?

I think that's fine now. There's plenty of cover and the palyer learns from the start that he has to think about the spiders in the back. It's a short map, so i don't think it hurts too much if it takes a little longer at the start

Okay, I've started doing the final testing (you can see its progress in the OP)

Gonna need an update from @nue and @eLeR Creative to close submissions.

iirc the second one was on vacation. @nue any news on your end?

Personally I've been super busy with work so I haven't dealt with the delays.

Still waiting a reply from two mappers. If I don't get a reply soon, the project will close, and I'll start working on the whole thing

Yeah i can understand real life can be a pain. I was thinking if we don't hear from the two mapper soon, could we do something like get people that already done maps here together and make the last two maps as a group? Like someone makes the layout, then someone dose enemy placements so on and so on. 

It was an idea i've had kicking around for a while but i feel like it was the right time to bring it up in case people we're ok with it, but it really up to you to make that call. Also i've been making videos of me playing through the beta wad (i have not released it yet because i'm still working on it) i wanted to make sure it was ok if i can post it unlisted on Youtube for people to watch and see how the project is going. 

As for me, i've been busy working on peroneal maps myself. Hope to get to play the last two maps before it in the final phase of the project. 

Witam, pragnę poinformować @Ofisil , że ostatnio znalazłem trochę wolnego czasu i inspirację do dokończenia mojej mapy. Praca w toku...

obraz.png.a8e2220215cbc5ad6bc1299b321f87b7.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220816_201618.png.9e8b142a06260a4711326bf6d390829d.png

Edited by eLeR Creative

1 hour ago, eLeR Creative said:

Witam, pragnę poinformować @Ofisil , że ostatnio znalazłem trochę wolnego czasu i inspirację do dokończenia mojej mapy. Praca w toku...

obraz.png.a8e2220215cbc5ad6bc1299b321f87b7.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220816_201618.png.9e8b142a06260a4711326bf6d390829d.png

"Hello, I would like to inform @Ofisil that recently I found some free time and inspiration to complete my map. Work in progress..."

This is what he said. Sorry i had to google translate it since i don't speak polish. Looks really good though cant wait to play it

17 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

"Hello, I would like to inform @Ofisil that recently I found some free time and inspiration to complete my map. Work in progress..."

This is what he said. Sorry i had to google translate it since i don't speak polish. Looks really good though cant wait to play it

Sorry, it was supposed to be in English, but I have automatic translation into Polish turned on in my browser. : P

4 hours ago, eLeR Creative said:

Sorry, it was supposed to be in English, but I have automatic translation into Polish turned on in my browser. : P

Nah it's fine man, is this going to be available to play test soon by any chance?

10 hours ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Nah it's fine man, is this going to be available to play test soon by any chance?

I have two sublocations to do.  I have an idea of them.  I guess I'll be done with this in a week.

Okay people. The project is now closed for any submissions.

Awaiting only @eLeR Creative 's map... and my own :)

I'll begin working on the project, testing stuff, and so on, and will occasionally upload the wad file.

Thanx to all who have participated!

Thanks for letting me show off my mapping skills as a new mapper. I did have fun and i did learn a lot from this, can't wait for the next one :).