Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tea Monster

DHMP - Doom High-res Model Project

Maintaining civility is well and good, deliberately lying and misinterpreting what happened is dishonest, and is far worse than using a few curse words. But you do you. Hopefully, once the feature set is added and more model formats are supported, you - and other modelers out there using Doomsday - will be able to have what you want in terms of featureset. If not, Doomsday itself is fine enough.

The project looks really great! Way better then the other model projects out there. Looking forward to trying it out once available for GZDoom.

There is a problem with cubemap reflections with PBR materials that needs to be fixed in GZDoom's renderer. Also the IQM model format they've adopted is a huge PitA. When they fix their renderer and adopt a better skeletal model format, we'll consider porting the project over. 

We do make all our sources public if someone else wanted to use our models in GZDoom. 

Due to the amount of content in this release (we really are making up for lost time here!) we will be releasing for New Years rather than Christmas. Christmas was a solid shout, but we would rather have a few extra days to test. I hope you will all consider the wait worth it!

There are a load of updated and new models that didn't make it to this release such as the Lost Soul and the backpack. They will be in a near future release. We may even have a special 'Crittter Trouble' release with updated skins for the existing monster models. 

Stay tuned!

archviles in 3d will sure be cool

edit: also what's next? doom high resolution heads up display project?

Edited by Sixty-nine

He's looking good so far!

Next update will be a few props like the torches and the backpack. We may roll a critter release into that. That would be Lost Soul and possibly the Archvile and Imp. We'll see!

On 1/23/2023 at 6:21 PM, Tea Monster said:

He's looking good so far!

Next update will be a few props like the torches and the backpack. We may roll a critter release into that. That would be Lost Soul and possibly the Archvile and Imp. We'll see!

i hope you don't forget the conveniently drawn shadow of the imp's corpse!

Will the textures be high -res or would I have to install a separate pack for that, if I were to use it?

does this mod have the option to turn off 3d monsters? I like 3d props, weapons, items, and all that stuff but monsters just look weird.

3 minutes ago, Rex705 said:

does this mod have the option to turn off 3d monsters? I like 3d props, weapons, items, and all that stuff but monsters just look weird.

just delete them in the files

On 2/21/2023 at 12:37 PM, Rex705 said:

On 2/21/2023 at 12:41 PM, Sixty-nine said:

just delete them in the files

why you never responded

2 hours ago, Sixty-nine said:

why you never responded

It's easy to get lost in a sea of notifications,

Otherwise, it's not really nice when you complain about not being responded to.

3 hours ago, Sixty-nine said:

why you never responded

Oh hi. I never got around to trying out the mod yet. I have so many mods and maps but who knows if and when I ever get to them. 

14 hours ago, Biz! said:

It's easy to get lost in a sea of notifications,

Otherwise, it's not really nice when you complain about not being responded to.

i am an average doomworld user

On 2/21/2023 at 10:12 AM, Biz! said:

Will the textures be high -res or would I have to install a separate pack for that, if I were to use it?

doomsday crashes when i use my compiled high res texture dhmp and the cacodemon looks good with high res textures as i ported cacodemon on gaben's sauce engine

On 3/22/2023 at 1:22 AM, Metal_Slayer said:

Is this the only Doom project being worked on Doomsday right now?

probably not

edit: but if yes then doomsday will be dead when gzdoom as the features dhmp needs

Edited by Sixty-nine : yes

On 2/21/2023 at 8:44 AM, Tea Monster said:

It would. We've got to finish this first though. I played Doom 64 on the N64 when it first came out. 

If Doom 64 HRP is ever made then I suggest using the renders from the manual and the rotations from the game as reference to be extremely accurate.

ngl the green pillar texture is more accurate than the dhtp marble texture, dhtp should have an overhaul after dhmp is done and maybe after dhtp is overhauled a doom 64 hd project that i crave can happen

On 12/12/2022 at 5:59 AM, Tea Monster said:

When they fix their renderer and adopt a better skeletal model format, we'll consider porting the project over.

i wonder what the static models look in gzdoom