Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Extremely close to a new public release of Condemned whenever I finish this level. Trying very hard to both give more lighting contrast than I usually do as well as thread the needle of retro aesthetics in an advanced engine
Screenshot_Heretic_20221213_140736.png.c134e439b43713845a11353f92d42f2a.png

Well, not working on per se, more like random Blockouts from time to time. This one been in the archive since august. What i like about blockouts, with right textures, it can be many different things.

Doodles (edit area) at 2022.08.26 17-26-37.963 [R3978].jpg

Very slow going here. Nothing really done in awhile. But I have some weeks free soon, so maybe, MAYBE, this level will get done.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

3 hours ago, Shove82 said:

Very slow going here. Nothing really done in awhile. But I have some weeks free soon, so maybe, MAYBE, this level will get done.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

hexagons are so cool, inshallah we will both have productive free time here soon

Well this thing took on a life of it's own, I just threw this trailer together real quick to show my progress and hopefully inspire myself to actually get this released. Everything is created by me, I didn't like the look of the doom enemies and weapons in the level so I figured why not make my own lol. Let me know what you think or if this is even something people are interested in playing. 

15 hours ago, HorseJockey said:

Well this thing took on a life of it's own, I just threw this trailer together real quick to show my progress and hopefully inspire myself to actually get this released. Everything is created by me, I didn't like the look of the doom enemies and weapons in the level so I figured why not make my own lol. Let me know what you think or if this is even something people are interested in playing.

The level certainly looks interesting, I like the use of shadow and colored lights. The new enemy models fit the environment, but if you
are going to use more then a few types of enemies, that might be quite a few unique models to make and animate.

4 hours ago, horselessheadsman said:

that might be quite a few unique models to make and animate

Yeah, I have one projectile based enemy, one melee and I'm working on a flying projectile based enemy right now to finish up. I'm going to keep it at three different types for now so I can at least get this released so people can play it. I also have to finish the second weapon, but that is just texture work as I already have the model animated and unwrapped.

23 hours ago, HorseJockey said:

Yet again looks ace. Seems crazy that hand drawn textures end up making such a creepy looking game. Especially when it's all really bright. :O

On 12/9/2022 at 5:29 PM, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

Just finished another map for Clippy's project.

wwzSUiB.png

lyK71kV.png

SdxBGLU.png

These are beautiful. Reminiscent of Mechadon stylistically.

Someone get man with gun another gun. stat.

On 12/15/2022 at 10:14 PM, TheHambourgeois said:

hexagons are so cool, inshallah we will both have productive free time here soon

Some have noticed I love hexagons too. :) They're fun and challenging to draw as well. 

I use the shape in my about-to-be map 11 of Chase as well. The map was in big production Hell, but here is what I have done this far: 

661195276_Screenshot(2).png.7d721a2300215a3402fc844c59ea6288.png

The map shoud be a half-sunken crippled oil platform, so maybe later I could add some dead monsters, but usually I don't like placing dead monsters, because this messes up my way of counting kills. It also is my first circular map as you can see - quite a few loops, interconnection and a few optional areas. You can finish without backtracking. 

Only an exit portal and a route to it are missing, but that I think is the actual hard part as I have to combine all sorts of techniques to place the different levels of damaging floors, including lava, and other thing and of course, the final section. So finishing it is so far unknown. 

Just finished with my map Zolita Fields for Doomworld Project 2022. I am generally happy how some of the shadow/lighting and the atmosphere certain areas turned out to have, even though I struggled making things right.

zolita5.jpg.427a41cbd4c76126124bd9bc4419c4d5.jpgzolita4.jpg.be82f486d2e1f12dba38b1ae4128e726.jpgzolita3.jpg.06406d1ed0fdaaead595faf57ce14616.jpgzolita2.jpg.50e69a86bc488cdca79ef7e5f34ba00e.jpgzolita1.jpg.866d83c726620382d1617220202cb41f.jpgzolita6.jpg.940024c6b9c315dda790572035f9b05c.jpg

34 minutes ago, Optimus said:

I am generally happy how some of the shadow/lighting and the atmosphere certain areas turned out to have

zolita5.jpg.427a41cbd4c76126124bd9bc4419c4d5.jpg

You should be, because that first shot there looks absolutely gorgeous.

Spoiler

Though I do have a thing for... whatever you call it where you have a solid wall on one side, and a vista interrupted by columns on the other.

Spoiler

Actually, a whole heap of my fetishes can probably be traced back to the Ridge Racer series...

1 hour ago, D0M0 said:

I thought i’d let out my inner creativity out in the future and so now im currently making a set of maps. This is one of them and idk how to feel, whether something more should be added or I should invest more time into making an area look nice.

Here are some screenshots, feedback would be cool!

13A3EC44-B161-45A6-8686-9CA28B1EA5AB.png

929C8F99-2D8A-4F63-B705-75FC4CF3CAAD.png

looks lovely to me! keep it up :D

1 hour ago, D0M0 said:

I thought i’d let out my inner creativity out in the future and so now im currently making a set of maps. This is one of them and idk how to feel, whether something more should be added or I should invest more time into making an area look nice.

Here are some screenshots, feedback would be cool!

[images]

Aaaahh, when the leaves turn grey you know it's autumn in the void~

my advice is to focus on the gameplay rather than visuals. It's somewhat easy to enhance the visuals at any point during development, whereas adjusting combat late in the process can be challenging to say the least

On 12/20/2022 at 11:42 PM, RDETalus said:

weee

hfcpnoO.gif

28 minutes ago, Thelokk said:

finally channel my inner Old Still Life fanfiction.

image.png

These look awesome!