Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

The 2022 Cacowards

Congratulations to all the winners and honourably mentioned Doom modders/artists/programmers, and a special shout-out to @Deadwing for Ozonia! Your personal development has been remarkable throughout the years, and the cooperation with others helped you deliver your (current) Doom masterpiece.

On 12/10/2022 at 9:52 PM, Xymph said:

Btw, I would totally support re-sculpting the real Mount Rushmore akin to that lovely masthead. But I'm Dutch, so have no say in the matter I suppose. ;-) 

I am surprised that nobody here mentioned the likely source of inspiration of the 2022 Cacowards banner, which was a curious post by a one-shot user/spammer in January 2022: Can Doom Modders Make Mount Rushmore In Doom?

@BoJustBo's artwork is superb, but that lovely banner is only a partial answer. The challenge for a Mount Rushmore WAD is still open.

Thanks for the award - best early Christmas present.

Many thanks to the Cacoward team for putting together such a great ceremony! Was very fun to read.  :)

1 hour ago, Bauul said:

After I mentioned to my wife that Elementalism Phase 1 had won a Cacoward, for Christmas she surprised me by making this trophy plaque.  Given she knows basically nothing about Doom, it definitely makes all the hundreds of hours spent on it even more worthwhile, as well as being unbelievably adorable!  I thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

p5UeI3y.jpg

And that right there is why she is your wife and comes up with this. That looks awesome, professional quality too.

Is there any way she can be hired to make an actual Cacoward statue so we can make it a physical prize too? :P

15 hours ago, Bauul said:

After I mentioned to my wife that Elementalism Phase 1 had won a Cacoward, for Christmas she surprised me by making this trophy plaque.  Given she knows basically nothing about Doom, it definitely makes all the hundreds of hours spent on it even more worthwhile, as well as being unbelievably adorable!  I thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

p5UeI3y.jpg

That's so awesome!