Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsda-dev

dsda-doom v0.25.6 [2023-01-15]

7 minutes ago, Xaser said:

Have you tried switching the lightmode from "indexed" to "shaders"?

I have, but it seems like the OpenGL specific options are no longer in the General menu.

It seems like anisotropic filtering is only being applied to "detail textures" right now (although I'm not sure what those are actually). It also applied to filtering modes and shadows before, but they were removed as per the quote xaser mentioned. Probably it should either also be removed or otherwise get renamed so it's clear what it does.

2 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

I have, but it seems like the OpenGL specific options are no longer in the General menu.

The light mode option is on the first page in the general menu. After the configuration overhaul there are much fewer opengl-only options, so they no longer have their own pages.

Is the ENDOOM feature supposed to show a long thing of random code? I tried both options for the ASCII ENDOOM feature and it did that instead of displaying any kind of regular ENDOOM art.

6 hours ago, Dweller said:

Is the ENDOOM feature supposed to show a long thing of random code? I tried both options for the ASCII ENDOOM feature and it did that instead of displaying any kind of regular ENDOOM art.

The terminal needs to support ANSI escape codes. Based on my reading, I think PowerShell and Windows Terminal support them, but Windows Command Prompt does not (except in Windows 10, where it is supported but has to be enabled first). It should also work in pretty much any Linux terminal emulator (I tried in Xfce Terminal and it worked with the UTF-8 option).

Updated to v0.25.1

Some bug fixes from 0.25.0 and more portmidi improvements from ceski.

- Added portmidi reverb and chorus options (ceski)

- Removed anisotropic filtering setting (only applied to "detail textures")

- Fixed various portmidi issues (ceski)

- Fixed looping sound on intermission screen

- Fixed exhud toggle not always applying immediately

- Fixed assign causing a permanent change for screen resolution

- Fixed fullclip not working with A_ConsumeAmmo (e.g., vesper weapons)

Download here.

11 hours ago, Shepardus said:

The terminal needs to support ANSI escape codes. Based on my reading, I think PowerShell and Windows Terminal support them, but Windows Command Prompt does not (except in Windows 10, where it is supported but has to be enabled first). It should also work in pretty much any Linux terminal emulator (I tried in Xfce Terminal and it worked with the UTF-8 option).

I looked at that page, but I don't really understand what I need to do to enable it for Windows 10. What is the step-by-step process of doing so?

53 minutes ago, Dweller said:

I looked at that page, but I don't really understand what I need to do to enable it for Windows 10. What is the step-by-step process of doing so?

Put this in a text file, rename it to blah.reg, and double-click:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console]
"VirtualTerminalLevel"=dword:00000001

Change this in dsda-doom.cfg:

ansi_endoom 1

Put this in a text file, rename it to blah.bat, and double-click:

@echo off
dsda-doom.exe
timeout 3 > NUL

Example:

Untitled.png.e5e02e19f2c467697a19ac3b33d2cbdb.png

Updated to v0.25.2

Various hud components were off in the new hud system when extended hud was off, causing confusion. There is now a separate "off" variant of the hud config, so you can decide what shows up then (by default, it's all the extra tools but none of the basic information).

- Added separate "off" variant of hud config when extended hud is off

- Added "armor color by class" hud option (default is on)

- Added "big_health_text" and "big_armor_text" hud components (status bar font without sprite)

Download here.

7 minutes ago, ceski said:

Put this in a text file, rename it to blah.reg, and double-click:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console]
"VirtualTerminalLevel"=dword:00000001

Change this in dsda-doom.cfg:

ansi_endoom 1

Put this in a text file, rename it to blah.bat, and double-click:

@echo off
dsda-doom.exe
timeout 3 > NUL

Example:

Untitled.png.10e75edbd9d14dc617f325f254d72350.png

That worked, thank you!

I'm having issues with fluidsynth on the latest versions. It doensn't seem to be using my soundfont and it sounds very broken. I'm not sure if it is related with this error message that pops up on the startup log:

fluidsynth: error: requested set value for 'synth.sample-rate' out of range
fl_init: Couldn't set synth.sample-rate

Portmidi is a lot louder for me since v25. What I mean is that I need to set music volume to the minimum of 1 to be about as loud as when I had it on 4 before. But then there is no room to adjust it down for the louder midis. I can lower my system volume every time I play Doom but that's not as convenient.

14 hours ago, dsda-dev said:

- Added portmidi reverb and chorus options (ceski)

Just wanted to say a huge thank you for this. Owners of MIDI hardware modules (and users of Roland Sound Canvas VA) will be thankful. 

Also big thanks for the christmas present you have bestowed us with these new dsda-doom versions!

30 minutes ago, RastaManGames said:

Custom map doesn't loading up with this error and I can't find solution:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.e6faf5e4f89173be7fed9389789d3c94.png

What can cause it?..

Sounds like a UMAPINFO error but it's hard to say without looking at the WAD itself.

5 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

Sounds like a UMAPINFO error but it's hard to say without looking at the WAD itself.

Ah! Indeed... There was a unneeded "." in the end of level's name. Thanks!

When I start recording a demo, there's a bit of black screen before loading, if I click my mouse, it seems it has a very high chance to crash the port. Not sure whether that's a thing for others.

Small issue with Win32 build: The autoload folders doesn't function for some reason because it's not loading any file I put in there.

It's nice and everything, especially the new indexed renderer, and even though the menu doesn't have it, I found the translucency settings in the cfg so I can set it to 100. 

But whhhyy were the armor_red/yellow/green cvars removed?? Can't set up yellow armor numbers...

Mod: Ah, 0.25.2, nvm, gonna check it out.

Edited by Fluuschoen

A lot of hud stuff was cut because I rewrote everything but I will gradually add things back. If you have other things you want that are missing, just let me know so I can prioritize them.

17 hours ago, Fluuschoen said:

But whhhyy were the armor_red/yellow/green cvars removed?? Can't set up yellow armor numbers...

Eh, it's still missing, so can't set up yellow armor numbers. : (

An option for the extended hud where you can set it's appearance to only stats, timer or both would be nice.

dsda-launcher v1.2 has been released

dw thread: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/121953-dsda-launcher-v12-dsda-doom-for-macos/

Here are binaries for Windows 64-bit and MacOS arm64 and x64

https://github.com/Pedro-Beirao/dsda-launcher/releases/tag/v1.2

Some of the new features:

- New Windows Dark mode

- History (Lets you launch and load commands you launched before)

- Support for --help, -hud and -config parameters

- Restructured the toggless customization

- You can customize the folders where the launcher will search IWADs in (DOOMWADDIR is there by default)
- DOOMWADPATH is by default on the "PWAD Folders"

Please use dsda-doom v0.25 with this release. Some features need it.

6 hours ago, George90 said:

An option for the extended hud where you can set it's appearance to only stats, timer or both would be nice.

You have complete control over what shows up in the extended hud as of 0.25, check out the patch notes for more details. Most likely someone will be willing to set up a hud to your specifications if you ask nicely here or on the discord if it's still unclear.

What's going on here? Used to be able to just queue up demo files in ZDL and play them without issue. Works with other compatible source ports.

Capture.PNG