Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

Most recent movie you saw

On 2/4/2023 at 5:14 PM, Wyrmwood said:

Watched Small Soldiers with my son. I remember this being a briefly popular movie but I'd not watched it before. Pretty good Gremlins styled kids horror movie, the Barbie scenes quite creepy but for the most it's perfectly pitched for kids who like darker things but are not quite ready for proper horror stuff. My son loved it and got to say I didn't mind it myself.

Recognized Tommy Lee Jones straight off as the bad doll but wasn't till the end credits I realized that the Gorgonites were all the members of Spinal Tap! 

Dude I remember Small Soldiers. Still own the VHS iirc.

On 2/6/2023 at 4:41 PM, DeathWalkerGT said:

Watched Terminator 1.

I really love this movie for its dark nature and the reason for it is because its not your basic pew pew and large explosions movie, unlike its sequels.

(Well... I like Terminator 2 but 1 is pure 24K gold for me.)

the first Terminator felt like it skewed far closer to a genuine pure horror slasher movie with sci-fi elements than a generic over-the-top action or sci-fi film that are defined by its sequels.

On 2/21/2023 at 7:40 AM, leejacksonaudio said:

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. IMHO, a very smooth farewell to Chadwick Boseman.

Rewatching the first Black Panther on Amazon Prime since this weekend just for the sake of having my mum to be able to understand Wakanda Forever and to catch up on all the MCU films whereas me and my pop watched it when it came out in 2018 in Taiwan. 

On 2/18/2023 at 9:50 AM, nue said:

Just watched the new avatar movie. I mean it was good but damn that movie felt like it was in slow motion. In my opinion it was just way too long

Just saw that at a theater where nobody else but us were around when we were on my trip in Taiwan. 

Better and more suspenseful than the original, even if its story is inferior to the first one.

I would also like to mention that on the plane on our way to our trip, I also saw films like Black Adam, Lyle Lyle Crocodile, and Doraemon: Nobita's Little Star Wars 2021. 

On our way back, I saw Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons and Samaritan (pretty bland and forgettable superhero film starring Sylvester Stallone) 

The House With Laughing Windows (1976)

Creepy Italian thriller in the vein of The Wicker Man and Don't Look Now. I enjoyed it, it was very slow burn and built a fair amount of mystery as to where it was leading. The last ten minutes or so were quite something. 

Tilda Swinton's Julia

Somewhat problematical, but I applaud it for taking risks and not sugar coating certain things.

It certainly has a realism to it, but the story it tells is really nasty and I felt the need to clean it off of me by the end.

Not many films can really do that anymore.

I watched Moonfall yesterday.

I've always been a fan of these ridiculous disaster movies so the poor reviews didn't mean much, at worst I thought it could be like "The Core" which features an utterly dumb plot but had plenty to laugh at.

Boy, was I wrong. This one's a whole new definition of "bad". It is rare that a movie is so stupid that I feel insulted by it - but this one thoroughly managed.

Not as memorable as Groundhog Day, but nonetheless a nice comedy about being stuck in a time loop:

On 11/7/2022 at 8:17 PM, Rudolph said:

Which one did he prefer?

I meant to respond to this earlier. I asked him which one he preferred (Ghostbusters 1 or 2), and he said that he liked them both.

The Peanut Butter Solution.

It wasn't very good, but if you love those 80s prepubescent movies like Stand by Me and It and stuff, it might be worth checking out. So cheesy though.

On 3/3/2023 at 8:56 PM, Pegleg said:

I meant to respond to this earlier. I asked him which one he preferred (Ghostbusters 1 or 2), and he said that he liked them both.

Better eight months late than never! :P

The Godson. Basically this ridiculous and oftentimes quite stupid mob spoof that throws in a Bill Clinton impersonator admidst a West Side Story-esque main plot point and you'll have an idea what it's about! 

Saw Akira, and I simply didn't get it. I think more than anything else, an action film needs a central justification from its main character (often, the very simple setup that someone killed/stole his wife/dog/car) for it to work, but it's really not on display, Tetsuo is an absolute caricature of bravado and insecurity that I just didn't find remotely convincing.

3 hours ago, Sena said:

Saw Akira, and I simply didn't get it. I think more than anything else, an action film needs a central justification from its main character (often, the very simple setup that someone killed/stole his wife/dog/car) for it to work, but it's really not on display, Tetsuo is an absolute caricature of bravado and insecurity that I just didn't find remotely convincing.

The manga is much better by virtue of being longer and thus spending more time fleshing out its characters.

Also, unlike the movie, it has an actual ending.

Tetsuo is an allegory of the adolescent who has got no limit and who transforms back as a baby, unlike Kaneda who will be adult.

I watched Skyscraper yesterday.

I didn't really expect much but was pleasantly surprised. It is mostly a throwback to 90's action with upgraded effects, indestructible hero, ridiculous plot and over the top villains included. While it can in no way compete with the old action classics it was nice to see such a film being made recently - it has been far too long since I have seen something similar.

I'll say the last couple I watched, Hell Night and the original House on a Haunted Hill. Solid creepy house movies. 

Saw Wakanda Forever. It turned out to be decent, but not the best (RIP Chadwick Boseman). Namor being played by a Mexican and with Mayan roots in the movie kinda surprised me tbh. 

And before that... Triangle of Sadness (as one of the Oscar-nominated movies) and the second Fantastic Four movie (Rise of the Silver Surfer)?

And before that... the first Fantastic Four movie?

Upworld, a goofy movie from the late 90s starring former 'brat pack' actor Anthony Michael Hall and featuring an absurd premise 

On 3/24/2023 at 1:34 AM, DrWho42 said:

cool world (1992)

I believe Brian Eno did some music for that. The song is called Under. Was the movie any good? I'd be willing to check it out for one of my favorite musicians being in it.