Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
evil_scientist

EVERYTHING IS GOING CRATE! - A single Doom 2 map, get crate-zy

9 minutes ago, Individualised said:

Awesome, I wasn't aware of this project, thanks for bringing it to my attention! 

What can I say... crate minds think alike!

Just now, evil_scientist said:

Awesome, I wasn't aware of this project, thanks for bringing it to my attention! 

What can I say... crate minds think alike!

I was going to participate back when it was still open but I wasn't confident enough in my mapping skills. Now I wish I did do some levels for it... I can think of many puns... "Love to Crate", "OCD (Obsessive Crate Disorder)", "Hell Crate"

11 hours ago, thelamp said:

They'rrrreee CRATES!

<youtube video>

Thanks for the playthrough! I'm glad you had fun. Here's a song for your troubles: 

11 hours ago, Individualised said:

I was going to participate back when it was still open but I wasn't confident enough in my mapping skills. Now I wish I did do some levels for it... I can think of many puns... "Love to Crate", "OCD (Obsessive Crate Disorder)", "Hell Crate"

Go for it!!! I'm sure you can... deliver.

1 hour ago, evil_scientist said:

Go for it!!! I'm sure you can... deliver.

It's closed now unfortunately

3 hours ago, TheDuckXD said:

Great map! Didn't have any issues with this one. Simply just looked and played good.

Thanks for playing!

One issue I've found from all these playthroughs is that a certain monster doesn't really come out from his room... I might fix that, but it also makes sense, because that is a super cozy room I made for them.

6 minutes ago, Individualised said:

It's closed now unfortunately

Oh I meant just make a map and release it individually. As a "b-side" to the competition. If you find the concept of a project inspiring, I think it's good to follow up on that inspiration on your own schedule.

3 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

<youtube video>

Yass! Thanks for playing, Bio! 

The Soulsphere secret is tricky:

Spoiler

The Soulsphere is on a pillar of computer textures, and there is an identical blinking computer texture before the blocked yellow door. That's a shootable switch...

I played this level yesterday and I must say, I expected to like it and I liked it very much indeed! :)

The layout is good, the fights are fun and the variety in environments makes it really memorable. The best of them was of course the crate maze, which kind of reminded me of being inside a pillow fort when I was playing through it! Other than that I liked all the little details (like the items in the open boxes), and the music was great too - a perfectly quirky track for a perfectly quirky level! :p

If I have one gripe with it though, it's that the last fight is a bit too much of a difficulty spike compared to the rest. The main culprit here is the Archvile - now, I may be out of practice when it comes to dealing with Archviles, but the first time I went into that area I was pretty much dead before I knew what was going on. If I were you, I would either:

- add more cover, make the Archvile visible from the very entrance, maybe lower it down a tier on the box ziggurat,

- or replace it with a Revenant.

Oh, and I was a bit annoyed the first time I went through the crusher hallway and got crushed, but then I noticed that the crushers were made of crates too and I just couldn't stay mad at them XDDD

22 hours ago, sq. Tiramisu said:

I played this level yesterday and I must say, I expected to like it and I liked it very much indeed! :)

The layout is good, the fights are fun and the variety in environments makes it really memorable. The best of them was of course the crate maze, which kind of reminded me of being inside a pillow fort when I was playing through it! Other than that I liked all the little details (like the items in the open boxes), and the music was great too - a perfectly quirky track for a perfectly quirky level! :p

If I have one gripe with it though, it's that the last fight is a bit too much of a difficulty spike compared to the rest. The main culprit here is the Archvile - now, I may be out of practice when it comes to dealing with Archviles, but the first time I went into that area I was pretty much dead before I knew what was going on. If I were you, I would either:

- add more cover, make the Archvile visible from the very entrance, maybe lower it down a tier on the box ziggurat,

- or replace it with a Revenant.

Oh, and I was a bit annoyed the first time I went through the crusher hallway and got crushed, but then I noticed that the crushers were made of crates too and I just couldn't stay mad at them XDDD

Thanks for the detailed review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get what you say re: difficulty spike, that's a good point. I'll keep this in mind on future maps.

Hehe, I'm proud of my little crushy crates :D

58 minutes ago, netcurse2000 said:

Awesome map! It's pity that you didn't have time in the community project dedicated to crates.

Thanks for playing :D I love your mod - the Berserk pack is intense!!!

I wasn't aware of that project until people pointed it out to me :'(

24 minutes ago, Clippy said:

hope u like it - something stupid happened to me lol

Yaayyy! Thanks for the playthrough, Clippy, and with @Biodegradable to boot - I love the commentary you guys give! 

Lol, that was indeed a delightful stupid moment! :D

Hmmmmm I came up with a backstory for this map!

A bunch of demonic packaging materials from outer space crashed into planet Earth and left... a crate-er.