Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2 hours ago, Mr.Fox said:

I picked up a notepad and wrote notes down.

This is so cool.  Reminds me of comparing notes for Sierra adventure games or Myst back in the day!

1 hour ago, ebrl said:

Wondering how many of these people will stick around to check out some of the essentially infinite amazing Doom wads out there that play like Doom, tho. Maybe I'm just too pessimistic but I think there's a real chance that MyHouse reinforces the already somewhat common idea that Doom needs to do "something else" to still be worthy of anyone's attention.

They'll be gone in a few months.. reddit kinda blew up the Power Pak review on various subreddits.

2 hours ago, deathicx said:

I'm just looking for clues, wouldn't think the author of such an elaborate puzzle would use their own actual house for something like this. Are you sure it's an actual home address? I wouldn't want to expose something like that. I guess for the sake of caution I will believe you for now and stop with the geoguessing. If something is uncovered in the ciphers that points to the house location being a real clue though I will continue.

There are still other clues that I believe will lead to the author's screen name so I will explore those avenues instead.

I think the mystery of who actually created the map isnt important to the overall story of the wad itself. There is a clear reason Veddge hasnt shown who they actually are (at least at this moment in time). Maybe just let the actual author present themselves when the time is right. I'm fairly certain that everything has been discovered although I wouldn't mind being proved wrong 

Spoiler

Hey guys, new here, but I think I found something new.

image.png.d5fac0ab22a4a87091005d32f56d7b8d.png

This happens if you noclip to get the Soulsphere from inside the lower level of the house. Interestingly enough, you can grab the Soulsphere again if you first noclip from the upper level, then noclip back inside via the lower level (between the windows shown here), and then noclip yet again from the lower level.

image.png.9ef3407f46c22ac346b81f4b81f803e3.png

If you wrap around the rear of the house and come to the front door, you will find the entrance boarded up.

image.png.53d1cd551a5a9cdd7a28f5682b09d394.png

Inside, the upper level has been completely walled off. I assume this is a failsafe to prevent the portals from malfunctioning. If you go downstairs, it resets the house back to normal, and funnily enough, respawns both Soulspheres, meaning you can grab them infinitely. I don't think there's any real point to this, but I found it notable enough to share.

2 hours ago, ebrl said:

Wondering how many of these people will stick around to check out some of the essentially infinite amazing Doom wads out there that play like Doom, tho. Maybe I'm just too pessimistic but I think there's a real chance that MyHouse reinforces the already somewhat common idea that Doom needs to do "something else" to still be worthy of anyone's attention.

To be fair, I didn't pull the trigger on playing Doom wads until MyHouse. I had spent years just thinking about getting into them, but never saw a wad that really made me stop whatever I was doing to give it a chance. I can safely say that I've now caught the Doom bug and am already sifting the catalog of wads.

11 minutes ago, princetontiger said:

They'll be gone in a few months.. reddit kinda blew up the Power Pak review on various subreddits.

I'm fairly certain that this wad will inspire people to make similar style wads. I know its inspired me to get back into doom mapping at least 

10 minutes ago, LuciferSweetDream said:
  Hide contents

That happens because the house isn't truly 3D, it's two separate areas that you silently teleport between at the bottom of the stairs. When you clip through the downstairs wall, you bypass the teleport and stay in the downstairs version of the house, but in a part of it that isn't normally accessible.

You can see the walls upstairs (even when playing normally) if you look up while going down the stairs.  They appear when you cross the silent teleport line.

Hi, I just want to share my thoughts:

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet. I'm new to the Doom Community.

Spoiler

However, I believe there's a third person.

That's all I'm here to say for now...
I just hope the discussion continues.

⩇⩇:⩇⩇ - I'm thinking midnight.

Edited by SakuraFalls

I made this acc just to give my comments on this legendary WAD.

Goddamn it I fucking love this map. Spent the time...  [SPOILER IS FOR ENTIRE ENDING AND GAME]

Spoiler

...to get all the endings and the QR code. Every time I go to the blood-covered airport bathroom, I know those Red Pinkies are gonna come up, and they make me jump out of my chair every goddamn time. Love the little maneuver to get the BFG.

Just glad I could get to see the beautiful secret for myself:

MyHouseEnd.png.061c5745ba246144117b3bbe958aa48b.png

Through and through, this map kicks ass.

10 minute playthrough my ass.

Edited by Wham Bam Duel : Just wanted to add the picture...

Made this account just to express my hatred towards the maker of this map.

I hate you. Now i got PTSD.

But my therapist will love you.

In all seriousness, this map is awesome. Thank you for this and I appreciate all the work put into this.

8 hours ago, ebrl said:

I think something like this only helps the doom scene.  Like, yeah something that blows up like this outside of the doom community tends to suck all the air out of the room (i know i started to feel that way when brutal doom got really big) and feel a bit overwhelming, but past all that, its a lot more eyes on the doom scene period.  Sure nearly all won't be people who will stick around or have a general interest in doom, but some small few inevitably will go "that was cool, i didn't know anything about doom modding, what else is out there y'all can recommend?"

A handful might even download doom builder and have a go at it themselves.

Meanwhile its not like any people interested in doom to start with are going to leave or anything because something had crossover appeal, so in the end it can really only be a net positive for a community to get fresh eyes on it, and remind people its still around, still doing great work, and hey, if you liked this breakout thing, maybe stick around and try out XYZ.

I've seen a few videos covering this and I'm setting it up on my old windows xp laptop that I found because that's all I have and know that it works on that I lol, but I can't wait to play it from all the videos I've seen it looks very good and has many things that shouldn't be possible in doom.

New to the forums. Just got done watching my gf play through the mod. Even tested it out myself for a bit.

There is so much detail in the house when trying to piece the lore together. Still wrapping my head around an actual theory/story, but overall the detail in this is amazing and exciting. 

Also finally giving me a excuse to play doom more often, been on my backlog for the longest time.

This is so well made that I have no clue whether or not it's all a well made horror story or something that actually happened. Best part is I don't even know if I've found everything there is to find yet.

Veddge, props to you. You've officially knocked my socks off!

1 minute ago, citrusjasper said:

New to the forums. Just got done watching my gf play through the mod. Even tested it out myself for a bit.

There is so much detail in the house when trying to piece the lore together. Still wrapping my head around an actual theory/story, but overall the detail in this is amazing and exciting. 

Also finally giving me a excuse to play doom more often, been on my backlog for the longest time.

Hi, GF here. My brain has been going a mile a minute ever since I finished the map. I've got some thoughts and theories that I don't really see anyone bringing up, so I'll be trying to compile them all into a singular document that I'll post here eventually.

I'm going to be making my first attempt today on my channel; I'm not the best problem solver, but really keen on trying for at least one ending, a good ending. We'll see, tried to avoid spoilers, but also, super thankful for everyone before, I'll need your guidance. 

Ref: - Added link to the stream in bio, hope you enjoy the blind run, I know I did :D

PS: if anyone could tell me how to "hide media" I'd appreciate it, I don't want this to be spamming my channel, I'm not about that. 

Edit: Thanks to user @jimmy22 for requesting the edit.

Edited by Hyacsho : Community request to avoid spam

7 hours ago, LuciferSweetDream said:
  Hide contents

Hey guys, new here, but I think I found something new.

image.png.d5fac0ab22a4a87091005d32f56d7b8d.png

This happens if you noclip to get the Soulsphere from inside the lower level of the house. Interestingly enough, you can grab the Soulsphere again if you first noclip from the upper level, then noclip back inside via the lower level (between the windows shown here), and then noclip yet again from the lower level.

image.png.9ef3407f46c22ac346b81f4b81f803e3.png

If you wrap around the rear of the house and come to the front door, you will find the entrance boarded up.

Inside, the upper level has been completely walled off. I assume this is a failsafe to prevent the portals from malfunctioning. If you go downstairs, it resets the house back to normal, and funnily enough, respawns both Soulspheres, meaning you can grab them infinitely. I don't think there's any real point to this, but I found it notable enough to share.

This is interesting, its true that these parts aren't meant to be accessible in gameplay and I had seen this beforehand from looking into the wad but I hadn't considered until now that the front of the house may be meant to be boarded up. Unlike the large wall blocking off the upper floor, the outside shouldn't be visible anyways, so the fact that it takes that appearance implies that it was made to look like that on purpose.

6 hours ago, SakuraFalls said:

Hi, I just want to share my thoughts:

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet. I'm new to the Doom Community.

Hide contents

However, I believe there's a third person.

That's all I'm here to say for now...
I just hope the discussion continues.

⩇⩇:⩇⩇ - I'm thinking midnight.

Spoiler

I still don't think that there's enough to support a third character myself. I think "A" and Thomas are one and the same, and that there's something involving identity here, likely related to the gender-switching bathroom signs. The way Steve's valentine's day entry is written and how the way he refers to Tom afterwards changes, and the way the obituaries state that the only other characters involved in Tom and Steven's life are their family members and a partner that is unidentified, even by gender, and the description of their partners matching each other, I think very heavily points towards their partners in the obituaries being each other, however you interpret the wad otherwise. Its just the kind of thing where I think it makes more sense to believe that, as opposed to there being a mysterious unexplained third figure, that it is one of the known characters whose identity is being obfuscated.

Spoiler

SPOILER_image.png

Even though I know exactly how this thing works, that I can whip open the console and lolkill it, and all that, the moment it comes into view sends all my hairs on my arms and neck on edge and gives an instant 'get the fuck out of here NOW' instinct. Thats when creepy is done right.

...how long till we get a megawad of puzzles based on this, with differing layouts and solutions to escape? Bet its gonna happen.

Also, you actually begin the wad in 'House 0', its only when you leave the garage for the basement or the kitchen that it transitions to House 1. 'House 0' has no monsters, no items aside from that chainsaw, and only the rooms you can see from outside. In the living room however, the console is the Xbox, so it changes TO a Playstation, not FROM a Playstation. Also from what im aware, House 1 is near identical to the wad version, even has 27 monsters.

Edited by Devalaous

I'm a teenager and wanted to give my thoughts. I'm definitely more interested in old games than almost anyone else my age, but I still find this fascinating. My dad originally told me about this, then the Power Pak video showed up the next day. I think it will likely help the Doom scene and bring people in. A lot of people will come in, a lot will go out, but I think a lot will stay, or at least contribute in the time that they're temporarily here (whether discussing, playing or even making wads). I'm gonna give making my actual house a go in Doom, and I think this can only help the community as a whole.

But I really don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep for a few nights, I'm not the most resilient.

48 minutes ago, Waldult said:

But I really don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep for a few nights, I'm not the most resilient.

I noped out almost as soon as Essel's track started playing. Jimmy's one was unsettling enough, but..

Theres massive storms atm in my country, and the last thing I need is thoughts of this wad in my head while im in bed with what literally sounds like screams of the damned outside (howling wind), so I made the smart decision to swap games before it got too late.

3 hours ago, HungryBoy1234 said:

I've seen a few videos covering this and I'm setting it up on my old windows xp laptop that I found because that's all I have and know that it works on that I lol, but I can't wait to play it from all the videos I've seen it looks very good and has many things that shouldn't be possible in doom.

Old Windows XP laptop? I don't think you're going to have a good time with that. Myhouse.pk3 requires a current version of GZDoom and that will need something "a bit" more modern.

Hi, I've experienced this a second time.

Okay, I think I will share brutal honesty. The first part of the map is where it truly shines.
The middle section is where it starts to become less serious. Towards the end,
it feels like it starts to drift away from what made it so memorable.
Overall, I like it but through a second playthrough, I'm starting to notice the flaws.
I still recommend this to anyone that hasn't played it yet.
I'm just starting to think that it will generate copycats-
I'm afraid that it will become less of the experience we all shared.

On 5/17/2023 at 6:43 PM, princetontiger said:

Just played thru half of Unloved! Wow, how did I miss this one? Amazing.

It's awesome.  Unloved and Countrycide two of my favourite "horror" wads.  

Whats up, y’all? I’m having a hell of a time getting MyHouse to run. I’m using the pk3 file in the Google drive, and GZDoom 4.10.0. GZDoom runs other doom wads perfectly fine, including Doom II. 

System specs:

AMD E2-7110 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics 1.80 GHz

4 GB ram

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I’d sure appreciate any assistance! I want to jump on the MyHouse train!

-J

Brutal Doom brought a lot of people into the scene. Don't question the means that someone discovers the scene, just rejoice at those who join the fold and get to experience everything the community has to offer. The next great Cacoward might be from someone who only discovered Doom through MyHouse.wad.

BTW, to those new to Doom mods, may I recommend the Ashes series (Ashes 2063: Enriched and Ashes: Afterglow). No, they're nothing like MyHouse, (more like Duke Nukem meets Fallout meets S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) but if you want a game that gives a real strong feeling of actually being somewhere, then Ashes is hard to beat.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/ashes-2063

Well, see you in two  years pretty wad.

Haven't been able to rich the good end, explored the map a little bit one month ago and, since then, due to overhype (for instance : youtube spamming, even though i didn't search for myhouse video), lost interest and joy.

The creepy pasta thing took me out.

I know, it's a bit sad... and maybe it's not the right place to post this, but... the reason i'm doing it is that I wanted to sincerely congratulate and thank all the creators of this morbid and clever monster. Maybe it's not my type but, man, GREAT work !

Thanks, also, to Not Jabba for his initial "holy shit" because, without it, I would only have consider this wad a short and clumsy hommage of 3min play.

Going back to practice my sunlust on ITYTD.

14 hours ago, tyss said:

I'm fairly certain that this wad will inspire people to make similar style wads. I know its inspired me to get back into doom mapping at least 

I had an idea of wanting to do a similar concept but with hotel maybe

Really cool map! I heard that the player is shorter in the .wad version than in the pk3 version so I'm wondering, is there anything interesting in the luggage conveyor belt in the airport?

I keep getting the same ending because apparently I am stupid.

Such a great project tho.