Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Treehouseminis

Blood Grave - Short 3 map adventure(Now on idgames!)!

I like not super long maps but I also like big fights occasionally. Definitely Slaughter game play at times.  Not super difficult though.  I would say there is 1 hard fight per map but experience may vary.  HMP and UV implemented

*Pistol starts encouraged for balance* 

This includes a tweaked version of the map I uploaded several weeks ago, Viridian Tomb.  I thought about doing more but I sorta ran out of ideas and I'm tired of looking at the stock marble textures now.   Though credited are textures from Gothic and nb_recol used as well, most on map03

DOOM2/BOOM format.  Made in ultimate doom builder.

Tested in prBOOM and GZDOOM. 

idgames link

music credits:

map01-Sombre Visions , Tristan Clark

map02-Ionian Isolation , Tristan Clark

map03-Darkest Hour , Tristan Clark

Screenshot_Doom_20230131_214546.png.0e2ecafb0df26c4ef3631cbf2fdf3774.png

more screens

Spoiler

bloodgrave.jpg.4f8b0732ac7a851f2e9c9c77cb69f319.jpg

slight bug in last fight of last map but if you press the 2 buttons too fast together the walls wont lower correctly and you wont be able to exit.  you seriously have to be booking it though.  I only did it once in testing and was able to recreate it consistently with noclip to straight line the path though.

Screenshot_Doom_20230131_214504.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230131_214522.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230131_214042.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230131_214237.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230131_214443.png

bloodgrave.jpg

Edited by Treehouseminis : idgames upload

uploaded a quick update to a certain fight in map02.  correct download should be bloodgrave2.0 now.  there was  a point where you could get stuck if did things out of order, of course while testing I know the order.. door could close too many times now it doesn't at all.

40 minutes ago, thelamp said:

Some neat lil slaughtmaps here!

I didnt know that one switch would be a boom thing.  It works in gzdoom but most things do I guess?   Sorry!  New to mapping.  I did use Ultimate doom Builder in Boom format.  

If you're using Boom format it's best to just call it Boom even if you don't use any generalized linedef actions :) Yeah GZDoom fixes a lot my recommendation is to use a boom-based port (like PrBoom, DSDA, Crispy, Woof, etc) if you're going to use Doom II/Boom format! Fun level tho and the mix up didn't stop me for long anyway

27 minutes ago, thelamp said:

If you're using Boom format it's best to just call it Boom even if you don't use any generalized linedef actions :) Yeah GZDoom fixes a lot my recommendation is to use a boom-based port (like PrBoom, DSDA, Crispy, Woof, etc) if you're going to use Doom II/Boom format! Fun level tho and the mix up didn't stop me for long anyway

I'll update the post.  Thanks for playing!  

I should also mention @thelamp if you didnt get the updated 2.0 version I uploaded like 20 mins after posting this, map 2 might have a progression bug where a door closes when it shouldnt.  I didnt experience it when testing but then again I know where all the buttons are, so if someone left and came back from a certain room you couldn't enter it again, locking progression IF you miss any buttons.  

1 minute ago, Treehouseminis said:

I should also mention @thelamp if you didnt get the updated 2.0 version I uploaded like 20 mins after posting this, map 2 might have a progression bug where a door closes when it shouldnt.  I didnt experience it when testing but then again I know where all the buttons are, so if someone left and came back from a certain room you couldn't enter it again, locking progression IF you miss any buttons.  

I downloaded later than 20 mins after op was posted, and I didn't encounter anything like that so I think I'm good that way!

Nice mini set, totally underrated! Map3 is such a banger, that imp fight might be one of the best imp fights ever! Those later arenas also look really cool, to me it seems there is a gradual improvement in this set, with each next arena looking cooler and more involved. Later map3 looks consistently great.

14 minutes ago, Arwel said:

Nice mini set, totally underrated! Map3 is such a banger, that imp fight might be one of the best imp fights ever! Those later arenas also look really cool, to me it seems there is a gradual improvement in this set, with each next arena looking cooler and more involved. Later map3 looks consistently great.

Thanks so much!  Yeah these are my first 3 maps ever made lol.  So map01 isnt as detailed or carefully constructed.  I'm slowly getting better at UDB controls etc.  The map03 platform imp fight I had to keep reducing monsters cuz I myself couldn't beat it.  It was also gonna have flying cacos... 

Just started map 01 and it is really good so far.

I found a slime trail though: 

59a41c7d-d322-48e2-a61a-1e7795356050.png

Continuing through that map I have found more problems:

Misaligned textures and a missing texture as well.

woof0002.png.a6b400508cdfbdc8bfb1875ab7907212.png

woof0000.png

woof0003.png

woof0001.png

1 hour ago, Raith138 said:

Continuing through that map I have found more problems:

Misaligned textures and a missing texture as well.

woof0002.png.a6b400508cdfbdc8bfb1875ab7907212.png

woof0000.png

woof0003.png

woof0001.png

Surprised that hasn't been spotted before lol.  Thanks for pointing stuff out, but since I had it on final release to idgames already I'll leave them as a reminder that these were first maps haha.  Also thanks for playing!