Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plut

The worst level I ever made

1 minute ago, Biodegradable said:

Then why post it?

Well, if you wanna play something weird and shitty and you have a couple minutes to spare - you can.

No, it isn't. It's probably like my 30th or so. If you want to play something from me that I'd actually consider good, you can play Marbland (pretty but tough).

EDIT: I'm a DANK MARINE NOW???

It's not that bad actually, it just looks like an unfinished map, very unfinished map, like the first 10 minutes of a new mapping session. At the very least it's not square-shaped and fully flat. If you work more on what's already here, you can have a decent map. You have the base for what can be e very good canyon with some tech base hidden inside. 

Did you start making it with the intentions to make a serious map, and gave up on it?

If this doesn't scream Mappers Block, then I think this thread might just be an ad for your other wad :P

Come on you know better. Don't be so harsh on yourself!

So I'm realizing now that maybe I should've kept that to myself.

1 minute ago, Tangra666 said:

Did you start maing it with the intetions to make a serious map, and gave up on it?

No, I'm just working on a serious map for another FDA contest (coming here soon, hopefully), and I got a little tired of that, so I decided to make something stupid for fun and put it out. Actually, I like the weird surreal techbase aesthetic found in wads like Marswar (which this is inspired by) and I might do something serious in the future with it.

Glad to see you back at the editor in any form at least :P

I still remember going on a binge through your levels ever since playing, and enjoying, your 3HA2 map. They were great entertainment during quarantine, so thanks for that. 

3 hours ago, Plut said:

Got a 44 on my fifth* attempt, but I pressed space after dying so you have to wait for it.

*Edit: It was the sixth one actually

slsht-44.zip

Edited by Kwisior

Too much brown, 0/10

But more seriously, this could actually be a good base! Maybe its a little overscaled, but that's the only 'issue' as such. Like Catpho, I really liked your 3HA2 map!

3 hours ago, Plut said:

So I'm realizing now that maybe I should've kept that to myself.

Next time you can post it as a status update, so that only your hardcore fans will see it.

Well, I suppose it was a click bait and/or I have very low standards because I liked this map. The large brown outdoors (and the music) give me strong Mars War vibes and God knows how much I love this megawad.

Punching the arch-vile was pretty rough though because I didn't see the box of rockets in the darkness.

It's not awful but the map is a bit too big and lacks detail. Also I would have replaced the water by damaging floor and put some platforms for the player to jump on.

Edited by knew

22 hours ago, Plut said:

I would highly advise that you do not play this shit.

I see what you did there.

I'm following your advice though.

PS: Nice cat btw