Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crankywankynarancia

Share Your Sprites! (spammy posting split)

5 minutes ago, Crankywankynarancia said:

Без названия138_20230918215236.png

This looks nice conceptually, but you should practice more. Maybe draw on paper before and get a visual for the gun in 3D? Get acquainted with computer image editing software , GIMP is a good start because it's free. Also, please try not to send multiple messages at once.

7 minutes ago, Crankywankynarancia said:

Don't have 3d software on my phone @jo2ukegappy

You misunderstand. They mean gain an understanding of 3D perspective, not literally render in 3D.

Since doom guns should aim at the center of the screen, using a centerd 1-point perspective / "vanishing point" perspective is ideal, use youtube videos such as this one to learn, then apply that technique to drawing a gun.

Just now, Dragonfly said:

You misunderstand. They mean gain an understanding of 3D perspective, not literally render in 3D.

Since doom guns should aim at the center of the screen, using a centerd 1-point perspective / "vanishing point" perspective is ideal, use youtube videos such as this one to learn, then apply that technique to drawing a gun.

But how about I like it picasso gun , it's a remake of that monstrosity 

30 minutes ago, Crankywankynarancia said:

But how about I like it picasso gun , it's a remake of that monstrosity 

I'm just saying you need more practice. You clearly have some ideas, but they are not so we'll executed. You should practice drawing by hand more and visualizing guns in 3D, making side views and back views. You can even practice by doing that with dooms original guns. It's better to hone a craft than to just post things that are not polished.

9 minutes ago, Crankywankynarancia said:

Ok but , I need suggestions

Well one thing I can think of that will immediately help if you get it down is perspective drawing. Make a dot somewhere on your canvas and draw straight tracing lines diagonally to several points below the dot. The barrel of the gun, the bottom of the handle of the gun and all other straight lines should line up with those tracing lines. Or look up perspective drawing on Google, since I don't think I have explained it well enough. 

4 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Seems my advice fell on deaf ears.

He's very young and brash, he'll come around to it. Hopefully.

4 minutes ago, Crankywankynarancia said:

YO I need more Freedoom weapons, I'll upgrade them 

I can't, you have to credit to chungy fraggle.

14 hours ago, Crankywankynarancia said:

May I have my try?

Considering this is someone else's project thread and (as far as I know) they are not asking for additional spritework, I would have to say no.