Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dusty_Rhodes

[SLOTS TAKEN!] Community Trunk, a cp in the style of CC1 and CC2

2 hours ago, Matthias (LiquidDoom) said:

Personally I wouldn't say it's struggling.

It is struggling, although, there is no point of arguing about it. This project has been in development since October 2021. Which is ridiculous, when I think about it, back then my first project was WIP.

There was also a community project in the past, when most maps were made and then it died. Community Trunk is in the same position.

Well, I'll try my best. I suck at communicating with people, I am lazy, misanthropic and nihilistic, but yeah, I want this to be done as well :)

So, what?

Anyway, I already sent Dusty the newer version of the map list to replace the outdated one and let's hope he will replace it soon as he promised me :)

I might as well say it something, that is said in shadows, that Dusty isn't going to be a master of community projects. Again, I'm not trying to offend anyone.

As for the first post, maybe something can be arranged with moderators, that they will allow you to edit Dusty's post.

Well, map 34 is not completed tho... I played that map and there are missing textures, unadjusted textures. A secret place that is pointless because there are not items. Still some work to do :)

Still better, than starting from nothing.

1 hour ago, Matthias (LiquidDoom) said:

removing unused textures here and there,

You can skip that, because this is a megawad. Because this is a Limit removing megawad, you might wanna check, if there isn't any line skipping, that is required to progress and there isn't any map that allows all ghosts bug, by shooting through too many linedefs.

That is why it is important to test this wad with also other sourceport, than Gzdoom.

4 minutes ago, Kain D. said:

It is struggling, although, there is no point of arguing about it.

I wouldn't say it's strugglig. It was more like standing on a place.

For example someone said "I want map 19" and then he said "I don't want map 19 anymore", but the slot was still assigned to him and people think he's working on it. It's not much struggling with filling the slots, rather then people not knowing who owns what.

But I put it together now, so we can fill all the slots :)

Which is ridiculous,

Really? Megawad Czechox was in developement for 7 years or so :))

So, what?

Well, I still can fail in this task :)

I might as well say it something, that is said in shadows, that Dusty isn't going to be a master of community projects. Again, I'm not trying to offend anyone.

He's just busy now with something personal in his life. Anyway, I asked Dusty to replace the map listings with this one:

Map01 - @Astronomical - [name n/a] - (possibly done)
Map02 - @Dubbag - Temple of Zimmer - (done)
Map03 - @Origamyde - Shattering Mayhem - (done)
Map04 - @NinjaDelphox - Provision Center - (done)
Map05 - @Dusty_Rhodes - Lollygaggin' - done)
Map06 - @Spineapple tea - Sub Astra - (in progress)
Map07 - @Gibbon - Ex Inferis - (done)
Map08 - @Impboy - The Subcortex - (done)
Map09 - @pcorf - Night Terrors of Prehistory - (??)
Map10 - @Matthias - Becoming X - (done)
Map11 - @Pechudin - A Friend in Need - (done)
Map12 - @Line - Thermal Computing - (done)
Map13 - @Dr. Zin - [name n/a] - (in progress)
Map14 - @Vladguy - Excessive Impulse - (done)
Map15 - @SMG_Man - Broken Bricks - (in progress)
Map16 - @PinkFlamingo - Infection - done
Map17 - @Dusty_Rhodes - [name n/a] - (in progress)
Map18 - @Matthias - The Black Castle - (done)
Map19 - An empty slot
Map20 - @Dubbag - The Little Death - (done)
Map21 - @pcorf - Unrelenting Fear - (??)
Map22 - An empty slot
Map23 - @thiccyosh - Existence(in-game)/Demise(cwil) - (done)
Map24 - @Cheesewheel - Delivery of Evil - (done)
Map25 - @SilverMiner - Dark Sateen Voyager - done)
Map26 - @Lina - Soar - (in progress)
Map27 - @Gibbon - Crepsulum - (done)
Map28 - @Andrea Rovenski - [name n/a] - (in progress)
Map29 - An empty slot
Map30 - @Dusty_Rhodes - Homecoming - (in progress)
Map31 - @PCorf - [n/a] - (??)
Map32 - @Kain D. - The Dark Red - (done)
Map33 - @Lina - Hollow Bone RNA - (done)
Map34 - @Dusty_Rhodes - Flange Control - (in progress)
Map35 - An empty slot

That is why it is important to test this wad with also other sourceport, than Gzdoom.

I tested it in prBoom+ so far acutually :)

25 minutes ago, Pechudin said:

@Matthias (LiquidDoom), what is the new deadline? While my map is mostly done, there is something I'd like to change (not a huge change, but would make the final fight more interesting).

By mostly done I mean it IS done, but there are a few flaws that I'd like to change.

Feel free to do some changes and send me newer version once you're done.

Personally I wouldn't set any solid Deadlines, because if I say, I don't know, 1st of December and many maps won't be still done by that time, it will only lead to more disappointment and it will created a pressure to other people :)

I might set some later when I feel we're getting somewhere :)

4 minutes ago, Matthias (LiquidDoom) said:

I wouldn't say it's strugglig. It was more like standing on a place.

For example someone said "I want map 19" and then he said "I don't want map 19 anymore", but the slot was still assigned to him and people think he's working on it. It's not much struggling with filling the slots, rather then people not knowing who owns what.

But I put it together now, so we can fill all the slots :)

It is struggling, that is why I agree with @PinkFlamingo, that more decisive actions are required.

I also said: "there is no point of arguing about it". So let's just end here :)

8 minutes ago, Matthias (LiquidDoom) said:

Really? Megawad Czechox was in developement for 7 years or so :))

This is even more ridiculous. I wouldn't have patience for it.

9 minutes ago, Matthias (LiquidDoom) said:

Well, I still can fail in this task :)

You're doing great. I also had an idea, that I should step in as a project leader, but I am busy with my own project.

13 minutes ago, Matthias (LiquidDoom) said:

I tested it in prBoom+ so far acutually :)

PrBoom+ with -cl2 to be precise.

I remember, that @Pechudin said somewhere, that he has finished map. Maybe it would be possible to put it here in empty slot.

1 hour ago, Kain D. said:

I remember, that @Pechudin said somewhere, that he has finished map. Maybe it would be possible to put it here in empty slot.

Not sure what you mean with that, do you mean that I put another map not developed for this project into some other slot? Not sure that would be in the spirit of the project, but it could be done, I have other maps that have not been released and which are collecting dust.

@Origamyde I hate to say that because I consider you map one of the best in the set.

But it's totally not functional in Crispy Doom :(

Watch: https://youtu.be/i9VIBwe6e-Q

Do you think it could be fixed somehow?

If I remember correclty, some weird shit happens in vanilla/Limit removing when floors below 0 height lower. But don't quote me on that. I'm not into vanilla mapping. Also these three lindefs are prone to line skipping. Just trying to help.

20 minutes ago, Pechudin said:

I have other maps that have not been released and which are collecting dust.

That is exactly what I meant. You have unreleased maps, that are doing nothing.

3 minutes ago, Kain D. said:

That is exactly what I meant. You have unreleased maps, that are doing nothing.

That's up to the project lead to approve, you opinion @Matthias (LiquidDoom)? Not sure if I can convert them to Vanilla (although I do not use too many Boom options).

Ok, guys, let's drop the topic "how we fill the missing slots" for now. Making those already done work is more imprtant now :)

Here is the version 9.6.6

https://liquiddoom.net/upload/files/CT_v9.6.6.zip

Could you test it someone in Crispy Doom? It seems map 03 doesn't work in Crispy. I think map 09 doesn't work neither. And there are some isues in map 7.

Maybe we should make a list of those that don't work in Crispy and decide what to do next.

If the numer of issues and non-functional will be too big, maybe we could simply consider the idea not to make this megawad Crispy compatible :)) Maybe breaking many already completed maps just because of the Crispy is not worth it... Just test it, everyone and let me know what do you think :)

Changelog CT_v9.6.6

- Maps 02, 11, 12, 23, 26 replaced with the latest versions. (Map 26 was replaced even twice and its SkyTexture fixed).
- Map 8 name was fixed from "Subcortex" to "The Subcortex"
- A couple of things fixed in map02, map03, map04, map05, map06, map10...
- Map 18 and its music added and renamed to "The Black Castle"
- Map 20 name was fixed from "Litdeath" to "The Little Death"
- Map 26 music changed to "The Last Gatling Gun Rodeo" by CammyBanana
- Map 32 and its music added and renamed to "The Dark Red"
- Few new textures added

It seems map 03 doesn't work in Crispy.

I think I explained why. This can be fixed, by using door, ceiling, or floor raise acions, instead of floor lowers.

I think map 09 doesn't work neither. And there are some isues in map 7.

Could you be more specific?

If the numer of issues and non-functional will be too big, maybe we could simply consider the idea not to make this megawad Crispy compatible :)) Maybe breaking many already completed maps just because of the Crispy is not worth it...

Persolnally I prefer for this project to remain Limit removing.  The only bug fixes Boom offer are: this below 0 floor lower, hitscan all ghost effect and option to pass use.

Just test it, everyone and let me know what do you think :)

If someone doesn't want to test it in other souceports, than Gzdoom. It might be worth it to play it with "Doom (strict)" compatibility. This floor lower below 0 doesn't work with that compatibility either.

3 hours ago, Matthias (LiquidDoom) said:

@Origamyde I hate to say that because I consider you map one of the best in the set.

But it's totally not functional in Crispy Doom :(

Watch: https://youtu.be/i9VIBwe6e-Q

Do you think it could be fixed somehow?

I can look it up if needed, but I'll need additional info as to what doesn't work.

Just now, Origamyde said:

I can look it up if needed, but I'll need additional info as to what doesn't work.

Check the video.

When you are blocked by the wall with pentagrams, it opens all the small rooms with imps to ambush you, which won't happend. And actually, many things won't happen in Crispy and you stay softlocked.

You might consider to test it in Crispy by yourself to see what's going on :)

13 minutes ago, Kain D. said:

I think I explained why. This can be fixed, by using door, ceiling, or floor raise acions, instead of floor lowers.

If someone doesn't want to test it in other souceports, than Gzdoom. It might be worth it to play it with "Doom (strict)" compatibility. This floor lower below 0 doesn't work with that compatibility either. 

Well, the question is if it can be fixed without seriously breaking the design of the map. Anyway, it seems that many things don't work in Map03 in Crispy and you get softlocked :)

Could you be more specific?

In Crispy, there seem to be an issue in map09 with the switches that should raise the stairs to the key.

These two things I met when I just try to speedrun the first ten maps in Crispy...

Persolnally I prefer for this project to remain Limit removing.  The only bug fixes Boom offer are: this below 0 floor lower, hitscan all ghost effect and option to pass use.

It still be limit-removing, but we can put into notepad something like "no functional with Crispy" :D I don't know.

4 hours ago, Matthias (LiquidDoom) said:

Map09 - @pcorf - Night Terrors of Prehistory - (??)
Map21 - @pcorf - Unrelenting Fear - (??)
Map31 - @PCorf - [n/a] - (??)

MAP09, MAP21 = are complete.

MAP31 = I hope to start work on it in the near future.

1 minute ago, pcorf said:

MAP09, MAP21 = are complete.

MAP31 = I hope to start work on it in the near future.

Thanks for letting me know!

3 minutes ago, Matthias (LiquidDoom) said:

Well, the question is if it can be fixed without seriously breaking the design of the map. Anyway, it seems that many things don't work in Map03 in Crispy and you get softlocked :) 

The second way to fix this, is to move whole map up, that there is no floors below zero height. The hard way.

4 minutes ago, Matthias (LiquidDoom) said:

In Crispy, there seem to be an issue in map09 with the switches that should raise the stairs to the key.

These two things I met when I just try to speedrun the first ten maps in Crispy...

I'll check out and let you know.

5 minutes ago, Matthias (LiquidDoom) said:

It still be limit-removing, but we can put into notepad something like "no functional with Crispy" :D I don't know.

It won't be, because I assume, it will also not work properly with PrBoom+ complevel 2.

Please let me know if MAP01 opens up at any point :) I notice the author hasn't been around since April, the slot is marked as "possibly done" and there's something I would love to throw in the ring for this, no worries if the slot remains taken! 

1 minute ago, Somniac said:

Please let me know if MAP01 opens up at any point :) I notice the author hasn't been around since April, the slot is marked as "possibly done" and there's something I would love to throw in the ring for this, no worries if the slot remains taken! 

He replied to me on Discord two days ago, but still didn't confirmed the name of the name, nor if it's done :)

18 minutes ago, Matthias (LiquidDoom) said:

Alright, I've figure it out. The map uses Boom actions and will also not work on PrBoom+ with cl2.

2 minutes ago, Kain D. said:

Alright, I've figure it out. The map uses Boom actions and will also not work on PrBoom+ with cl2.

As I suspected.

What now? Should we discard the map and empty the slot? Should we somehow fix it?

If there are any maps that need fixing about, I could maybe try doing some tweaks? Nothing to change layouts or anything of the sort but enough to get the maps "working"

2 minutes ago, Matthias (LiquidDoom) said:

As I suspected.

What now? Should we discard the map and empty the slot? Should we somehow fix it?

Hell no! The map uses Boom actions, but does not go wild with it(mosty stairs). IMO map author shoud make fixes. It would take 20 minutes tops.

What about Map 7?

1 minute ago, Kain D. said:

Hell no! The map uses Boom actions, but does not go wild with it(mosty stairs). IMO map author shoud make fixes. It would take 20 minutes tops.

What about Map 7?

All right...

@pcorf do you think you might potentially make your map somehow more vanilla limit-removing compatible and less boom-compatible?:)

@Kain D. Well, map 07 has just a minor issue. There is a tiny room with a switch and when you hit it, it opens the wall with some monsters. But in Crispy, it lowers ceiling in the whole room. Perhaps a missing tag or something.

27 minutes ago, Origamyde said:

@Matthias (LiquidDoom) Managed to fix the problem, and took some of my time off to clean up some bits and pieces I hadn't done previously.

Shattering-Mayhem-Community-Trunk-5.wad

wow, you're amazing!

If it's ok, I adjusted one texture and moved one candle because it looked weird in Crispy :)

So here we are

https://liquiddoom.net/upload/files/CT_v9.6.7.zip

CT_v9.6.7

- Map 03 replaced with the newest version and two things fixed.

Also also, it's actually passible to jump over the raising bars at the beginning if you're fast enough.. Not sure if it could cause a potential issue for the player.

Well, map 07 has just a minor issue. There is a tiny room with a switch and when you hit it, it opens the wall with some monsters. But in Crispy, it lowers ceiling in the whole room. Perhaps a missing tag or something.

Do you mean the one leading to the secret?

Anyway I ran the maps through the map analysis mode. I ignored untextured linedefs and used version 9.6.6

Map 02 has linedefs that are double sided, that should be single sided

Map 11 has missing textures all over the place  "A-DROCK1"

Map 12 has also missing textures   "LFALL1"

Map 18 uses Boom linedefs for scrolling textures (not really an issue, but these textures aren't gonna scroll in non Boom ports)

Map 20 has unclosed sectors

Map 21 Not really an issue. The map uses Boom actions (only to change brightness and translucency, so Boom sourceport isn't required to complete it)

Map 23 has missing texture "SP_DUDE6"

Map 25 uses Zdoom Line Horizon and sets up skies properly. Not an issue, but it is weird.

Map 26 uses sky transfer. If I recall Crispy Doom supports that feature.

1 minute ago, Kain D. said:

Do you mean the one leading to the secret?

Yeah I think that's the one

Map 18 uses Boom linedefs for scrolling textures (not really an issue, but these textures aren't gonna scroll in non Boom ports)

Oooopsie, my bad.

19 minutes ago, Matthias (LiquidDoom) said:

Yeah I think that's the one

I don't know, but with PrBoom+ cl2 that secret works properly.

I've been out of the loop for this project for a while focusing on other projects. I originally withdrew my mapslot since i didn't think i'd be able to complete it. If this project needs some slots filled i can revive my old map concept and see about finishing it up. Depending on the scope its about 25-40% complete. Figured i'd offer it but understandable if not needed.

He replied to me on Discord two days ago, but still didn't confirmed the name of the name, nor if it's done :)

Let's see what happens, I'm ready to go if the slot needs filling!