Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

On 10/23/2023 at 8:12 AM, Sonik.o.fan said:

Well, I don't accept free requests for sure, since I'm not ready to spend hours of pixel pushing just to hear "thanks" lol.
I've had enough of this practice - pretty sure You understand.

I approve of that attitude. I've decided that almost any requests/suggestions I get never go on a "to-do" list, but on a "ideas to maybe consider if I eventually want to" list, just for my own sanity. I get some good ideas, but I can't keep up with it all. 

@Sonik.o.fan Goddamn, those are some incredibly good pistol sprites, though the spritesheet looks like it's too large for Doomworld's forum software to abide by (or at least I can't find a way to get a full-size image from it; it's been forcibly scaled down). The Imgur-hosted one from ZDF works great though, so it may be worth just using that on both forums in the future just so things don't get all mangled-up.

iQJU5U8.png

[EDIT] The above sheet still looks squished down, but a right-click + "open link" (or your mobile equivalent) will bring up the full-size sheet.

11 hours ago, Crankywankynarancia said:

A blueprint of mine

Без названия310_20231025202135.png

If you're wanting to go further down the path of Calcium, one tip of mine:

look at Yeggi.com and look up 3d anatomical models of bones (as needed).
Then take those models and rotate them in a model viewer (even paint3d works just fine) and rotate it until you get a good angle for what you want.
Then screenshot that badboy, and edit it in GIMP or something until its the right size, and an appropriate color.

On 10/25/2023 at 7:44 PM, Sonik.o.fan said:

My iteration of vanilla Doom beretta
Tried to make it look less like a toy and more like its IRL counterpart 

EDIT: if You experience and issues concerning the reduced quality of downloaded sheet, use the Imgur link:https://imgur.com/iQJU5U8
Berettoh.png.98d25cd67e1666991b47e9b896290d54.png

The only thing left is remaster of all of the Doom weapons, haha.

On 10/25/2023 at 11:44 AM, Sonik.o.fan said:

My iteration of vanilla Doom beretta
Tried to make it look less like a toy and more like its IRL counterpart 

EDIT: if You experience and issues concerning the reduced quality of downloaded sheet, use the Imgur link:https://imgur.com/iQJU5U8

This absolutely slaps! I would love to learn about your process someday, you've only gotten better with each release and this is really fantastic. Great work!

I wanted to try and make more "antique" alternative to key cards, based off Hexen. First attempt at recolor. Don't need them for anything right now, might improve later.

KEYB0.png

KEYB1.png

KEYB2.png

KEYB3.png

KEYB4.png

KEYB5.png

I modified the cyberdemon's death animation using sprites from Brutal Doom and Doom II to create the beginning portion of a decapitation death. It should be pretty nifty to replace the current animations in Brutal Doom (and it's assorted modifications,) for the decap deaths, which currently just use the stock death animation with the head hidden behind a summoned explosion.

Also, I slapped together a stomp animation for the Annihilator from Realm667 using the stomp sprites from Brutal Doom. It's not the best, but it works. Currently, I'm using it as an anime-inspired dodge/jump animation.

EDIT: If anyone has sprites of JUST the top half of the CyberDemon exploding, that'd be awesome!

EDIT 2: Nevermind on the exploding upper-half. I went ahead and made my own because I'm impatient. Lol. I'll either add it to this comment or add a new comment with the sprites later tonight.

new sprites cyberdemon.png

Edited by [name_withheld]

So, I downloaded pro-motion a couple of days ago, made a few sprites, and here's a sprite from enemy idea I had.

1832331040_Screenshot2023-10-29195209.png.c385d21ac4d799ae6d8fed7d76a53ecb.png 

It's supposed to be a much larger and more powerful variant that was made from the corpses of a few mancubi by a gang of archviles who found discarded mark ii  mancubi cannons, a shit ton of left over soulspheres, and some cyberdemon cybernetics. The megasphere in the center is a collection of the souls of those dead mancubi, and it's supposed to warp into a much more powerful health-sphere variant after it's defeated, because it absorbs the spiritual essence that's been injected into it's new body, after said body is destroyed.

Edited by St. Mildly Annoyed

I tried my go at creating a Serious Sam HUD face from nearly scratch based on his Bogus Detour design for a friend's skin. Meant to be viewed with Doom's aspect ratio correction on.

x5kKYJc.png

And the original face for comparison.

LhYqKAp.png

Edited by HydroFS02 : Fixed Images

2 hours ago, St. Mildly Annoyed said:

So, I downloaded pro-motion a couple of days ago, made a few sprites, and here's a sprite from enemy idea I had.

1832331040_Screenshot2023-10-29195209.png.c385d21ac4d799ae6d8fed7d76a53ecb.png 

It's supposed to be a much larger and more powerful variant that was made from the corpses of a few mancubi by a gang of archviles who found discarded mark ii  mancubi cannons, a shit ton of left over soulspheres, and some cyberdemon cybernetics. The megasphere in the center is a collection of the souls of those dead mancubi, and it's supposed to warp into a much more powerful health-sphere variant after it's defeated, because it absorbs the spiritual essence that's been injected into it's new body, after said body is destroyed.

Cruelty Squad lookin' aah

I probably should have made a better border between his megasphere and the rest of his body. He's looking real goofy now that you mention it. I should probably add in a bit of a bit of red for transition and scale the sprite up a tiny bit.

2 minutes ago, St. Mildly Annoyed said:

I probably should have made a better border between his megasphere and the rest of his body. He's looking real goofy now that you mention it. I should probably add in a bit of a bit of red for transition and scale the sprite up a tiny bit.

No, I meant he looks like the biosuit from cruelty squad. The sprite looks really cool.

EvxA5hpWgAQrrOt.jpg:large

1 hour ago, DoomGappy said:

No, I meant he looks like the biosuit from cruelty squad. The sprite looks really cool.

Thanks, I've only heard and seen a bit about cruelty squad, so I kind of thought you meant the sprite looked off. Nice to know you like it. I'm also making a second and third phase. The second is when some of the cybernetics are seen, as all his fat, skin, and some muscle tissue are blown off, revealing a much bulkier set of cybernetics that are hidden under the skin. The third one is going to be a robotic endoskeleton.

The megasphere will also change to a dark grey/ black hue, except for the red eyes, and then into a "noble-sphere", as by then the mancubui's souls will have been diluted and mixed in with all the supercharge essence, turning it into a container of a power similar to the unadulterated soul of a Baron. The noble sphere will actually drop once the boton dynamic reject(endoskeleton) is destroyed, giving the player 500 health/ 500 mega armor, a permanent increase in the maximum player health cap to 500, and minimum to 300.

Noble-sphere

115435216_Screenshot2023-10-29225947.png.d640bae48f594eb8b8fd4d310b73d6e9.png

An impaled shirtless marine for my map:

1531363306_POL7A0msolata.png.09fba0d7907d55bef9f7c24f5f12f456.png

(Btw this is my first good looking sprite that I made.)

Caco-knight ended up looking like a cute pixar monster, which is not what I was aiming for to say the least.

cackn.png.ed8918335a482633836f1181d64d6d1e.png

Also made a "big shotgun ammo box" while working on other sprite, maybe someone will find it usefull:

shotammo.png.5ba5921ecb6f3866644f507fa90f7e26.png

31 minutes ago, LukeGaming said:

Caco-knight ended up looking like a cute pixar monster, which is not what I was aiming for to say the least.

Also made a "big shotgun ammo box" while working on other sprite, maybe someone will find it usefull:

shotammo.png.5ba5921ecb6f3866644f507fa90f7e26.png

Cacoknight still looks great. IF you want to make it more intimidating, try adding some darker hues to the skin, and give the eye a slit.

Got so sick of fighting the bone whip sprite that I'm just making the real thing.
Then it will be converted into a sprite from there.

20231031_101456.jpg

On 10/29/2023 at 6:48 PM, HydroFS02 said:

I tried my go at creating a Serious Sam HUD face from nearly scratch based on his Bogus Detour design for a friend's skin. Meant to be viewed with Doom's aspect ratio correction on.

x5kKYJc.png

And the original face for comparison.

LhYqKAp.png

Looks like tom cruise

5 hours ago, Desfar said:

Got so sick of fighting the bone whip sprite that I'm just making the real thing.
Then it will be converted into a sprite from there.

20231031_101456.jpg

Why didn't you get a real human spine like a normal human being would do?