Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vsared

[v1.35] SUPERCHARGED BULLET RIDE - MBF21 Resource / Mod

PLASA0.png.92259a8ace34342f658bf8b4fa4f5df5.png

Are you ready?

Supercharged Bullet Ride is a slighty chaotic tribute mod to Supercharge (by Tango), preserving the weapon balance and punchy animations (no reloading, though) with some brutality sprinkled on top. Built using DoomTools and some help from SLADE. Intended mostly as a mapping resource, but it works as a gameplay mod, too. So, I'll se ya in the bullet hell. (No touhou chicks included)

Downloads

Supercharged Bullet Ride.zip

Recommended Ports

Any port that runs MBF21 should be fine (Eternity Engine, GZDoom, dsda-doom, Odamex, Woof!, etc.), I tested it mostly with Doom Retro.

Overview

Spoiler
  • New monsters
  • New monster sprites
  • New monster balance
  • No more hitscanners!
  • Non-randomized melee damage.
  • Fixed projectile spawn position.
  • New monster sounds
  • New monsters effects
  • New splashy blood
  • New weapon sprites
  • New weapon balance
  • Non-randomized hitscan and melee damage
  • New weapon sounds
  • New weapons effects
  • Quick weapon swapping
  • New status bar
  • New mugshot

Detailed Info:

Monsters:

Spoiler

ADDED:

Cybruiser: Rocket-launching metallic hell knight

Kamikaze: Krazy explosive low hp suicide hugger

Pyro Knight: Area-denying socially-awkward hell knight, projectiles spawn short lasting flames on the ground below

REBALANCED:

Arachnotron -> Fusionite: Fires in bursts of 4 projectiles come from plasma gun, reduced hitbox.

Baron of Hell: Projectiles come from hands.

Cacodemon -> Infernal: Lower HP, slower projectiles that come from mouth, higher mass.

Chaingunner -> Nailgun Major: Hitscan replaced with iron nails that come from nailgun.

Cyberdemon -> Tyrant: Higher mass, projectile comes from rocket launcher.

Hell Knight: Projectiles come from hands.

Imp -> Devil: Higher missile prob, faster projectiles that come from hands.

Lost Soul -> Ghoul: Lower HP.

Mancubus -> Behemoth: Lower painchance, fireballs come from arm cannons.

Pain Elemental -> Hades Elemental: Lower HP, explodes on death.

Demon -> Pinky: Higher speed, higher attack speed (applies to Spectre).

Revenant -> Draugr: Projectiles come from shoulder blaster.

Shotgunner -> Z-Spec Ops Sergeant: Hitscan replaced with iron nails that come from shotgun.

Spider Mastermind -> Director: Higher HP, higher mass, reduced hitbox, fires plasma in bursts of 4 that comes from plasma auto-shotgun.

Zombieman -> Assault Trooper: Fires nails in bursts of 2 instead of hitscan.

Weapons:

Spoiler

WEAPON CHANGES:

Fists: Doesn't alert monsters, removed randomized damage, berserk increases damage by 5x.

Chainsaw -> Fire Axe: Doesn't alert monsters, slow hits, non randomized high damage, berserk increases damage by 3x.

Pistol -> AK-47: Fires faster in bursts of 3, non randomized damage precise hitscans.

Shotgun: Removed randomized damage.

Super Shotgun: Removed randomized damage.

Chaingun -> Dual Uzis: Fires faster, removed randomized damage, lower precision.

Rocket Launcher: Added rocket smoke trails.

Plasma Rifle -> Heavy Machine Gun: Fires heavy damage hitscans, less precision.

BFG9000: Added plasma trail.

AMMO CHANGES:

Clips: Max ammo 300, 600 with backpack, pickups give 15. Starting amount is 75.

Shells: Max ammo 36, 72 with backpack, pickups give 4.

Rockets: Max ammo 28, 56 with backpack, pickups give 1.

Cell: Max ammo 225, 450 with backpack, pickups give 15.

Screenies

Spoiler

1886936932_CoreThe(2).png.eb2b2d385ff3014899c7362d11e7e21f.png1537886663_Suburbs(4).png.2a4782d2b88524ea5c69fb693d36eea7.pngKosmoloko.png.2332d750f5cec3f7352d2ac30310a748.pngMAP26.png.bad85efa1bc177e2c6d3e2ae9cec1519.png

Have fun!

Edited by vsared : 1.35

8 hours ago, Monocled said:

The download doesn't work, But i'm excited to try it cause i love supercharge

dammit, fixed by now

one issue I had was while playing it with Valiant Vaccinated Edition. mancubi corpses still have collision, and it became a problem at MAP02, right next to the exit, as it was blocking me from going to it. other than that, great gameplay mod! probably one of my favorites! played on dsda-doom v0.25.6.

29 minutes ago, DoodlesGDX said:

one issue I had was while playing it with Valiant Vaccinated Edition. mancubi corpses still have collision, and it became a problem at MAP02, right next to the exit, as it was blocking me from going to it. other than that, great gameplay mod! probably one of my favorites! played on dsda-doom v0.25.6.

fixed

Def love seeing gameplay mods for MBF21, even when they're based on preexisting GZDoom mods

Any reason why the 'advanced engine needed' section in the text file specifies Doom-Retro and ZDoom? I tried this out with Woof and it's fork Nugget-Doom and they both work just fine. Maybe switch out that line with something like "MBF21 compatible ports"

One issue I did notice across all these ports is the palette. these lights in Entryway really don't like the software diminished lighting, and this palette also really brings out Doomguy's spontaneous acne the worst I've ever seen in a mod.

10 hours ago, No-Man Baugh said:

Def love seeing gameplay mods for MBF21, even when they're based on preexisting GZDoom mods

Any reason why the 'advanced engine needed' section in the text file specifies Doom-Retro and ZDoom? I tried this out with Woof and it's fork Nugget-Doom and they both work just fine. Maybe switch out that line with something like "MBF21 compatible ports"

One issue I did notice across all these ports is the palette. these lights in Entryway really don't like the software diminished lighting, and this palette also really brings out Doomguy's spontaneous acne the worst I've ever seen in a mod.

uhh thats pretty awkward, idk how to fix the lights but I will fix the doomguy's face. (if you know how, please tell me)

Thanks for the feedback and playing!

6 hours ago, vsared said:

uhh thats pretty awkward, idk how to fix the lights but I will fix the doomguy's face. (if you know how, please tell me)

Thanks for the feedback and playing!

to fix both issues you'll have to edit the PLAYPAL lump in your wad, Specifically the colors that are supposed to go with Doomguy's face and what's responsible for the diminished lights, and then rebuild the COLORMAP

You might have to touch up the custom sprites that you made with the custom palette for them to look right, but it's unlike those you can't edit stuff from the iwads

4 hours ago, No-Man Baugh said:

to fix both issues you'll have to edit the PLAYPAL lump in your wad, Specifically the colors that are supposed to go with Doomguy's face and what's responsible for the diminished lights, and then rebuild the COLORMAP

You might have to touch up the custom sprites that you made with the custom palette for them to look right, but it's unlike those you can't edit stuff from the iwads

fixed, changed the mugshot to avoid using iwad sprites, though (the colormap was fixed too)

On 11/12/2023 at 1:55 AM, vsared said:

PLASA0.png.92259a8ace34342f658bf8b4fa4f5df5.png

Are you ready?

Supercharged Bullet Ride is a slighty chaotic tribute mod to Supercharge (by Tango), preserving the weapon balance and punchy animations (no reloading, though) with some brutality sprinkled on top. Built using DoomTools and some help from SLADE. Intended mostly as a mapping resource, but it works as a gameplay mod, too. So, I'll se ya in the bullet hell. (No touhou chicks included)

Downloads

Dropbox

Recommended Ports

Any port that runs MBF21 should be fine (Eternity Engine, GZDoom, dsda-doom, Odamex, Woof!, etc.), I tested it mostly with Doom Retro.

Screenies

1886936932_CoreThe(2).png.eb2b2d385ff3014899c7362d11e7e21f.png1537886663_Suburbs(4).png.2a4782d2b88524ea5c69fb693d36eea7.pngKosmoloko.png.2332d750f5cec3f7352d2ac30310a748.pngMAP26.png.bad85efa1bc177e2c6d3e2ae9cec1519.png

Have fun!

What is the hud mod that you are using?

35 minutes ago, c0mbolynch said:

What is the hud mod that you are using?

Not OP, but that's Doom Retro's alternate fullscreen HUD. Looks so good I'd recommend using Doom Retro for that reason alone.

22 hours ago, MoiraHeart said:

Touhou chicks when?

On a more serious note, is there a write up of all the content included?

uhhhh not yet, where should I list it?

The sprites and animations are so good, I wish the Freedoom project would use them by default. They do a great job of looking similar to Doom, without it being 1:1.

On 12/25/2023 at 11:47 AM, vsared said:

uhhhh not yet, where should I list it?

I think the original post would be as good a place as any. Doesn't need to be anything too complex, just tell us how the new weapons work and how monsters are changed (if at all).

the weapons n' monsters specifications are coming soon™, my browser closed twice while writing em

18 hours ago, PhoenixBlade said:

The sprites and animations are so good, I wish the Freedoom project would use them by default. They do a great job of looking similar to Doom, without it being 1:1.

guys will see this and think hell yeah

Thanks for the manual! I'm tempted to map for this, what's your stance on the mod's usage? Can I include it right in my mod akin to the original Supercharge?

5 hours ago, MoiraHeart said:

Thanks for the manual! I'm tempted to map for this, what's your stance on the mod's usage? Can I include it right in my mod akin to the original Supercharge?

use it as you please as long as you credit :)