Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Desdinova

Doom 64: Revelations

Doom 64: Revelations is a new Doom 64: Retribution episode containing 9 maps. The demo below contains the first map: Clouds at Sunset.

The Demo has been updated to include a new color palette and some other quality of life features. 

Download Clouds at Sunset Demo

----------------

-Requirements-

GAME - DOOM II (with Doom 64: Retribution)

SOURCE PORT - GZDOOM

JUMPING - Yes

FREELOOK - Yes

CROUCH - Yes

----------------

I recommend using Doom Runner

318060579_Screenshot(179).png.a465096e08f59099b3498fff13669b8a.png

Edited by Desdinova

It's common etiquette on this forum to stick with and update the first thread you made for your mod, rather than making new threads.

19 hours ago, Edward850 said:

It's common etiquette on this forum to stick with and update the first thread you made for your mod, rather than making new threads.

My bad, i havent used doomworld very much

Just come across this.  Looks nice.  It's always great to see more Doom64 goodies. :)

Small question for anyone following this thread, should I keep the sky blue? I considered changing it to orange earlier today.

On 2/10/2024 at 6:37 PM, Desdinova said:

Small question for anyone following this thread, should I keep the sky blue? I considered changing it to orange earlier today.

Orange is a good contrast to the blue water. It will be good if you end up using a lot of blues and greens for your geometry.

Plannin on trying to get REV out by summers end, no idea if I'll hit that goal, but thats what I'm shooting for.

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone. Sorry it's been a while..

I've been busy with some other personal projects that came before REV, but development has resumed and things are going pretty good, I've almost finished all of Map 3 in 4 or so hours! I've also updated the Demo for Map 1, so if you want to check out the new version you can right here!

Every post I put under this topic now will have a small checklist of progress on REV. Here is the current progress.

~Checklist~

REV01 - Done

REV02 - Done, Revisions Needed

REV03 - Unfinished [50%]

REV04 to REV08 - Unfinished [0%]

REV09 - Unfinished [75%]

I hope to send one of these posts out every 2 weeks or so. REV's release is still planned for the end of summer [Late August/Early September], However I still cannot guarantee it. See you all in 2 weeks!

Edited by Desdinova

10 hours ago, Desdinova said:

I hope to send one of these posts out every 2 weeks or so. REV's release is still planned for the end of summer [Late August/Early September], However I still cannot guarantee it. See you all in 2 weeks!

Great to see the update!

11 hours ago, Desdinova said:

Hey everyone. Sorry it's been a while..

I've been busy with some other personal projects that came before REV, but development has resumed and things are going pretty good, I've almost finished all of Map 3 in 4 or so hours! I've also updated the Demo for Map 1, so if you want to check out the new version you can right here!

Every post I put under this topic now will have a small checklist of progress on REV. Here is the current progress.

~Checklist~

REV01 - Done

REV02 - Done, Revisions Needed

REV03 - Unfinished [50%]

REV04 to REV08 - Unfinished [0%]

REV09 - Unfinished [75%]

Mind if I ask for some more screenshots?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, taufan99 said:

Mind if I ask for some more screenshots?

Not at all, here is a Google Drive folder of a couple photos of Maps 2 and 3, I don't want to post anything new of Map 9 because its a pretty stark departure from the rest of REV, there's a small portion of it below from a few months back. Google Drive Folder

On 2/2/2024 at 3:25 PM, Desdinova said:

image_2024-02-02_152552080.png

I might also update this folder every once and a while, I'll make posts about it along with the checklist.

Edited by Desdinova