Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StorkGreen

I just randomly entered this mansion, I swear [01 MAP | MBF21]

pRCYvH1.png

Description

Started map as a little example on how to make good visuals in a doom map, to send to a beginner friend. Ended up with some cool looking stuff afterwards, so I decided to actually finish the map fully. Relatively short map with fast-paced battles, takes from 10 to 25 minutes to complete, depending on how often you'll be killed

Uses only vanilla textures and flats

New take on difficulty 

Spoiler

Instead of making your regular doom difficulty way of "medium -> easy -> very easy", I developed difficulties that are based on the type of the player you are:

-Where Intended is your usual UV stuff where you can expect anything

-Slaughterless is HMP equivalent, in which I leave everything like in UV, but slaughter fights and platforming are removed/replaced with something else

-And Classical is chill mode where everything is balanced more or less like IWADs UV/HMP

DeHacked stuff

Spoiler

I don't want to make the wad to feel too "dehacked-ish", so I'm focusing on minor gameplay changes, to make it feel more like a patch to the regular game, and not as something new

WEAPONS
1. Pistol is now 100% accurate and shoots faster
2. Chaingun is twice as fast than vanilla one
3. Max amount of bullets was expanded to 400/800, and shells to 60/120

MONSTERS
1. All hitscaners can be stunned with 100% chance
2. All hitscaners now have a long window before attacking
3. All hitscaners got more movement speed and have a bit more hp
4. Zombieman shoots 3 times in a row
5. Cacodemon, Hell Knight and Baron of Hell now have proper blood color, Lost Soul don't have any
6. Baron shoots 3 projectiles in a triangle-like form
7. Lost Soul hp have been reduced by half

EXTRA
-Most of the boom translucent effects on items and projectiles were removed

Screenshots

Spoiler

OcfdCX5.png

eqXkcRi.png

nkBDg0R.png

cYAOTPW.png

Download and WAD info

IWAD: DOOM2

Format: MBF21

Tested on: DSDA 0.27.5, GZDOOM 4.11.1

Build Time: 2 lazy weeks

Co-op: Yes, but not really tested

Music: Megaman X Corrupted - Strike Battle

Download: Link

Neat map, on UV/Intended difficulty it's like a little collection of fight ideas spiced up with different arena themes. I like the underground crusher fight and really enjoyed the finale, it's a classic slaughter gibfest with some lightly drawn out clean-up.

My only nitpick is these little corner medikits in the finale are kind of rough to get to, the floor height difference + their close proximity to the step-up means that you have to slow down quite a bit to step down and actually grab them. Not sure if it's intentional but if it is then feel free to ignore.

Playthrough on UV/Intended, -dsdademo, v0.27.5 - rnmnasion.zip

16 minutes ago, Maribo said:

little corner medikits in the finale are kind of rough to get to, the floor height difference

Oh yeah, noticed that in the demo. Not really intentional, just didn't notice that myself

Thanks for playing and the demo, GGs

i tried it in prboom it opens but behave was strange like player was entering into walls etc....i was using cl9 is it cl issue or map isnt compatible with prboom plus

tried cl21

"G_begin recording: prboom compatibility level unrecognized?

message appeared first then i stop recording and open map to play but it still behave weirdly player can enter the walls like i disappear wall of blue key-RL  room and appear in some arena. auto aiming to floor for no reason,imps jumps from platforms in starting room