Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OnionTaco22

Should I try sigil 2 despite not finishing the original sigil?

I tried the original sigil on hurt me plenty and didn't get to finish it because I thought It was a bit too hard. Should I try to finish sigil before I go on to sigil 2 to get used to the difficulty? Or could I just go on to sigil 2?

If you have both then open them both in a source port (eg DSDADoom, GZDoom) and select the episode you want to play first, the order is up to you, play whatever you feel like playing first.

The concept is the same, shoot the icon of sin to progress in the map. THe only difference is the layout of each map.

The second one is harder in my experience so I rexommend beating the original Sigil first.

Definitely not. There are going to be major spoilers in Part 2 from the season finale cliffhanger in part 1 that shatters all your expectations of reality.

On a more serious note, the only thing that I think really carries over from the first game are the evil eye things you got to shoot as a switch. That and the general vibe/aesthetics, style of maps.

Sigil 2 is a harder beast than Sigil so take that in consideration if you decide to jump ahead. Otherwise, you're not losing out on big portions of lore or meaning if you skip Sigil's ending. Finishing Sigil first will only make you better and more ready for the sequel.

In the end, it's your call. But skipping out on Sigil 2 entirely would be a mistake to me. It has more variety in the visuals department and Romero definitely has mastered the close combat formula the two WADs are going for. If tense, claustrophobic combat ain't your thing, it might be a harder sale because that's what SIGIL 2 is, but give it a try and see where it gets you!

17 hours ago, Kappes Buur said:

If you have both then open them both in a source port (eg DSDADoom, GZDoom) and select the episode you want to play first, the order is up to you, play whatever you feel like playing first.

The concept is the same, shoot the icon of sin to progress in the map. THe only difference is the layout of each map.

Doesn't SIGIL 2 change some stuff making it incompatible with SIGIL 1? Only way to get both episodes loaded at once properly would be through WadSmoosh, if I recall.

41 minutes ago, Kappes Buur said:

Like I mentioned, load them both

Missing the point as always, I see. Sigil 2 changes the HP of the spider mastermind, so if you load it with Sigil 1 then the spiderdemon there will also be affected.

Play whatever you want. Although no, don't start playing sigil 2 in uv if you didn't play the first one also in uv.

On 1/14/2024 at 10:21 PM, Maximum Matt said:

Anywhere I can get DoomII conversions of both? 

Here you go buddy. Couldn't have done it without some help from Vincenzo Alcamo