Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MFG38

[Submissions closed!] McDoomguy's Slaughterific Sample Platter - Pick your restrictions and have at it!

8 hours ago, Amiga Angel said:

Map name: Void Park

I hate it when Demons get in the way of a much needed nap. Though in my case, it's usually the cat...

Love the music! Did someone make this for you specially or was it something you found online that seemed to fit?

8 hours ago, Amiga Angel said:

I love the gimmicks you are able to create in your maps.

Restrictions bring out my creative side. :)

On 3/20/2024 at 12:57 AM, Plerb said:

Map name: Voodoo Dolls Trapped With Explosives

Author: Plerb

Music: Warkanoid#46 by Vakhtang Adamiya, from Warkanoid

Restrictions: 3 textures and flats, 100 lines, monsterless puzzle, barrels o' fun

Notes: It contains a UMAPINFO lump just to set the sky. Sometimes you can get in a half-dead state because of voodoo doll shenanigans, if anyone knows a good way to work around this please let me know.

Voodoo Dolls Trapped With Explosives.zip

Love the jaunty music, and a silly but delightfully different concept. It took me a couple of attempts once I figured out the right approach!

It always impresses me when people come up with game mechanics in Doom that are totally alien to the original game.

On 3/16/2024 at 12:04 PM, akolai said:

Map name: exitspace_
Author: akolai
Music: let loose the carpet cleaners, by fuzzball
Restrictions: all from first + pacifist puzzle/platforming with a hitscan enemy
Notes: cl21 speedmap shitpost. mock2 map15 inspired. i resorted to more senseless linedef torture to pad the count. textures: EXITSIGN, FIREBLU1, ALLBLACK. flats: ALLBLAKF, CITYF01, GRAYSLM1. pick whichever second category restriction you think suits this best.
exitspace_.zip

Not sure whether something went wrong with this one, but I can't figure out how to get anywhere. Since jumping hasn't been disabled, one can simply hop straight into the exit - but I doubt that's in the spirit of the map! I quickly figured out the big arrow takes you out of the bounds of the level but there was no clear way to get around to the other side - no matter how far away I was from the main map, I couldn't cross over the centre. Does it make a difference if playing in GZDoom over more vanilla variants?

I got a sense of how it should play from a bit of noclipping, though the purpose of the yellow key escapes me.

@Artinum it's a puzzle map that relies on a very particular mechanic, i imagine gz patches it.

Spoiler

walk in a straight line for a minute (give or take) and you can wrap around to the other side via overflow (assuming gz doesn't patch). there are also some yellow key lines that gz likely doesn't render because they're intentionally bugged into the floor

Map name: Exit Less
Author: MFG38
MIDI: "At Samba's Gate" by myself
Restrictions: 1024x1024, 3 textures and 3 flats, sector special 10
Notes: Not actually exitless contrary to what the name may or may not imply.

mfg_mcdoom_m3.zip

@MFG38

Hey man, Im almost done making my map, and I wanted to ask.

Would it be fine to have one custom tecture for a sky? I made it at the beginning and realized it is now integral to the identity of my map.

Can I use this one custom tecture or should I only use the 32in24 skies?

SKY.png

15 minutes ago, LSC Lasico said:

Would it be fine to have one custom tecture for a sky? I made it at the beginning and realized it is now integral to the identity of my map.

As long as it has a unique patch name and doesn't replace any of the default skies, sure, I'll let you use it.

3 hours ago, Artinum said:

I hate it when Demons get in the way of a much needed nap. Though in my case, it's usually the cat...

Love the music! Did someone make this for you specially or was it something you found online that seemed to fit?

Restrictions bring out my creative side. :)

I had a bunch of AD_79s music in a folder and found one I liked for the map :)

Posted (edited)

Map name: Flux

Author: LSC Lasico (beware: copious amounts of strawberry milkshake)

Music: unknown name. Map 15 of A.L.T.

Restrictions:  Every single first list restriction + monsterless platformer map + sector 10 (exit)

Notes: When writing in the author bracket for my map, please write it exactly how I did here. Playtested by @Xulgonoth. Skybox made by me. 

Flux.zip

Quick reminder to everyone still wanting to participate that you have one week remaining to get your submissions in. I know @Arsinikk was working on a map, can't immediately remember if there was anyone else who'd be worth pinging.

Pacifist, 1024x1024, 1 monster type :) 

let’s see if I can get this done!

is there a certain playable time the map has to be? 

18 minutes ago, dmh094 said:

is there a certain playable time the map has to be? 

No practical hard limit on a map's play time. Make it as short or long as you want to within the confines of your chosen restrictions.

Posted (edited)

map name : garrucha

author : signaturereverie

music : 7-upsilo.mid by zan-zan-zawa-veia

restrictions : 1024x1024 , 10 sectors , no orthogonal lines , 1 monster type (lost soul) , 3 textures 3 flats , sector effect 10

notes : went with the 1x1 project restrictions (1 normal texture , 1 similar switch texture , 1 flat , sky transfer has to be the chosen texture for the map) . 2-3 hour shitpost :tada:

Spoiler

doom319.png.31c097f2908f1120640d0f334ba088de.png

garrucha

Edited by signaturereverie : forgot

9 hours ago, MFG38 said:

Quick reminder to everyone still wanting to participate that you have one week remaining to get your submissions in. I know @Arsinikk was working on a map, can't immediately remember if there was anyone else who'd be worth pinging.

Don't worry, I still have this project in my sights. I've written a bespoke midi for the map, and have made significant headway into it.

I may have gotten distracted with a new personal project of mine, but I will try and get something finished before the deadline. Don't want the new midi to go to waste :)

Sorry I'll drop from this project. I don't have much free time to create map.

Posted (edited)

Map name: Marblue Zone

Author: DynamiteKaitorn

Music: Chrysalis - Jazz Jackrabbit [vgmusic.com I think?]

Restrictions: 3 flat and texturees; hitscan only; 1 enemy type

Notes: I got nothing... :s

Spoiler

woof0070.png

Starting room

woof0071.png

Spawn room again

woof0072.png

Baaaaald

woof0074.png

Yes. I DID draw ALL of these sectors one at a time.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zjsfaf9p71y9f8i/Marblue_Zone_v1.zip/file

3 minutes ago, Beubeu said:

Does F_sky1 count has a texture ?  

For the purposes of the "3 textures and 3 flats" restriction, yes.

1 minute ago, MFG38 said:

For the purposes of the "3 textures and 3 flats" restriction, yes.

Noted 

I thought i could cheat like the 10x10 project :)

Updated my submission.
- Changed some floor texture to better comply with the 3x3 restriction.

- Added a pinky to remove the "one monster type" and "monsterless platformer map" conflict.

- Changed which line activates the final sequence to avoid player accidentally missing that line.

- Changed what triggers the exit. Now player has to take a path that was previously unintended but is now a feature.

- Added difficulty settings: Hard has an extra blocking pinky that you need to shoot with the RL. Normal doesnt have that pinky and also has small candle things on platforms for better visibility. Easy gives you automatic light amp goggles at the start, and also has an out of bounds vodoo doll which is placed in a way that essentially eliminates the sector 10 timer.

Flux.zip

Posted (edited)

Map name: Temple of Bullets 

Author: Beubeu

Music: The River of Fire by Kevin Schilder

Restrictions 3 textures and 3 flats, Grid size of 64, Hitscan enemies only

Notes : My goal was to make something who looks good with this restrictions in my process to learn doom mapping, I did the minimum for combats design but it should do it.

Link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/18S32DM4fFKeD6lIoYhY2IXDGRfBryKmI/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Beubeu

Just a little update on my end.

I've teamed up with @Large Cat to help get the map done, and the map is in it's final stages of development.

To be honest, at this point I'm just waiting on Large Cat for final touches / visual flourishes / etc.

Plan to post the finished map tomorrow, whenever we get the map up to snuff.

Just for a bit of a spoiler, the restrictions for the map are:

- Pacifist map
- 3 textures and 3 flats
- 10 sectors

Posted (edited)

Map name: [Doom Guy's Deicide]

Author: [Yagacaw]

Music: [Jamiroquai - deeper underground]

Co-op Starts: [Y]

Difficulty Settings: [Y]

Restrictions: [

3 textures and 3 flats

-Textures: (WFALL1, SKYND03A, INCDECO9)

-Flats: (F_SKY1, FWATER1, QFLAT01)

Grid size of 64

Sector special 10

]

Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/gallery/6MJs7vG

File:

[

DoomGuysDiacideRC_2.wad

]

Notes: [My final map for this project cuz I ran out of submissions slots and also ran out of ideas for how to use Sector special 10 in a weird way. Have fun trying to Murder Red lich by ripping their skull out of the infernal machines! They are not going to make it easy for you!

Backstory!: [You did so well taking care of that embarrassing teleporter incident on mars that UAC has expanded your role in the organization from space marine to private black-ops paramilitary contractor. Your first mission is to infiltrate the pocket dimensions of the Lich lord known as "The Red Skull", who is a powerful wizard that abandoned their humanity, with the notable exception of their skull. you should not expect an insanely paranoid wizard who is now just a skull to have Ammunition or med-packs lying around. though you might be able to forage supplies from the corpses of your former co-workers, as you will be the Thirteen-ish space marine we sent through the teleporter to the coordinates the Blue-Skull-Lich gave us. also if you get caught and tortured,  Blue skull paid us extra for you to give up yellow skull's name instead of theirs, Ok teleporters over there,,, so get going then, chop! chop! ]

Changelog:

Spoiler

Edit 4/1/24

The first release candidate was an upload of the wad without co-op starts or difficulty implemented

latest version has Monster count of 666 for easy, 1000 for medium, 1666 for hard

old version: DoomGuysDiacideRC_1.wad

Edited by Yagacaw : updated version

24-hour alert starts from this post. That means you have until April 1st @ 9.00pm EEST (or 6.00pm UTC) to get your submissions in.

name : ayame blackburn i

author : signaturereverie

music : "stoned" by masafumi takada (from killer7)

restrictions : 3 textures 3 flats , one monster type (chaingunner) , hitscan enemies only

notes : nothing better than a semi shitpost sprung up from a random thought in the shower on the last day before the deadline
           in the name of harman ...

Spoiler

doom326.png.e330bab9cdb58b23ea53e32e1ed3cd78.png

blackburn

Posted (edited)

Coming in clutch with a relatively straightforward map!

Name: Skull Pointer Overflow
Author: Pasokon Deacon
Music: "Choirs From Hell" by Paul Corfiatis (pcorf)
Restrictions: 100 lines, non-orthogonal, sector special 10
Notes:

Spoiler

This took me several hours of futzing with a relatively new texture pack for me, plus trying to make something halfway attractive within the linedef limit. Nor is the sector special that obligatory here, though figuring out how to activate it nets you an unmarked secret (extra health pickups). All these lost souls, revenants, and computer theming, plus the oddly cranial shape of the layout, inspired the name. I was surprised to learn that this pcorf MIDI hasn't seen much use outside Doom 2 Unleashed, if any—time to rectify that.

With regards to MBF21 features, I stuck mostly to my usual Boom garnishes, but have used "block player" and "block land monsters" flags for certain areas, mainly to enable the opening skull ambush. The dark courtyard horizon had some odd nodebuilder issues for me, so I used ALLBLACK on it to work with the accidental crystal sector I'd made (unsure if that will look the same for everyone). I took the 100 lines limit rather strict, here, leaving out superfluous detail to fit an off-map monster warp closet into the mix. Finally, there's a UMAPINFO lump I've added for a new sky (SKYESSL1) and map title; feel free to use this or ignore it when compiling. I can live without the sky change since I didn't have room in the layout to use sky transfers, at least not before harming the progression or worsening map elements.

2024-PasokonDeacon-32in24_15v2-Skull Pointer Overflow.zip

Spoiler

doom1165.png.671267b110d5ac69488736415b003523.png

Posted (edited)

241761305_revyreverie.4screenshots.png.65bdd17e5c1ca3d481dc6f3a763978c5.png

hi! my submission for this project.

map name: revy reverie.
author: rita remton.
music: [sweet dreams] by [marilyn manson].
restrictions:
 * 3 textures and 3 flats.
 * 1 monster type.
 * a bunch of explosive barrels.
notes:
 * this is my first speedmap. usually it takes me several weeks/months to complete a simple map :P

[download here].
hope it is ok for this community project. tq.

Edited by rita remton : in-map music changed to something more suitable for the map (i hope).

Map name: "Fuck Me Faster (It's No Fun to Slow Down)"
Author: Arsinikk and Large Cat
Music: "BANG X3" by Arsinikk [bespoke]
Restrictions:
   - Pacifist map
   - 3 textures and 3 flats
   - 10 sectors
Notes:
   - Tested in DSDA Doom and GZDoom.
   - Physics work differently in GZDoom, but it won't break anything.
   - Some parts may be harder or easier in GZDoom.
Credits:
   - Overall design, progression, layout, and gameplay concept by Arsinikk
   - Fancy visual flourishes (lots of curvy ribbon-like mid-textures) and an area layout in the south by Large Cat

------>DOWNLOAD<------

Screenshots (minor spoilers obviously):

Spoiler

faster-screen1.jpg

faster-screen2.jpg

3 hours ago, rita remton said:

hi! my submission for this project.

There is no custom music track here.