Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
United VirusX

The Lost Levels for Doom II (TLLD2)

As a huge fan of the original wad, I've always wanted this to happen. Please finish this, the community needs a definitive way to play all of DOOM 64's original levels!

IIRC there were once plans for a full D64D2 sequel .WAD that would have had maps from The Lost Levels and the various unofficial D64 expansions. I don't think that's a thing anymore but it would cool to see this evolve into that. Maybe you could start your own community project?

1 hour ago, Individualised said:

IIRC there were once plans for a full D64D2 sequel .WAD that would have had maps from The Lost Levels and the various unofficial D64 expansions. I don't think that's a thing anymore but it would cool to see this evolve into that. Maybe you could start your own community project?

I was planning along with releasing the lost level I wanted revamping some unused Doom 64 concept maps that where released a while back and place them along side the lost levels since they kind of are "lost levels" and later down the line even possibly recreating the Outcast Levels, Absolution levels and the redemption denied levels, If I where to do anything community project wise I would like to try and recreate the Beta 64 levels in Doom 2

1 hour ago, WorldMachine said:

As a huge fan of the original wad, I've always wanted this to happen. Please finish this, the community needs a definitive way to play all of DOOM 64's original levels!

I have all the maps already recreated just need to texture some and fix some to play in vanilla without crashing, then once I'm happy with how they are I'll release the beta so people can play test it and find anything I missed.  

If I can get this to work with the Brutal Doom 64 I'll be able to play Brutal Doom 64 the Lost Levels

1 hour ago, United VirusX said:

I have all the maps already recreated just need to texture some and fix some to play in vanilla without crashing, then once I'm happy with how they are I'll release the beta so people can play test it and find anything I missed.  

I wouldn't mind playtesting, as I play DOOM alot in my free time, hell, I've play tested my mods more than few playtesters I've accumulated overtime lol!

oh, you convert all the maps from The Lost Levels to DOOM classic, it's super interesting! From what I see, the cards are perfect! very faithful to the original keep up the good work I can't wait to play it when you're finished !

3 hours ago, United VirusX said:

I was planning along with releasing the lost level I wanted revamping some unused Doom 64 concept maps that where released a while back and place them along side the lost levels since they kind of are "lost levels" and later down the line even possibly recreating the Outcast Levels, Absolution levels and the redemption denied levels, If I where to do anything community project wise I would like to try and recreate the Beta 64 levels in Doom 2

OMG, if you convert all the maps from Beta64 to DOOM classic, it would take too much work, especially if you are alone to convert the maps, there are more than 33 maps to convert hahahah, it would be so awesome if that happened!

31 minutes ago, styd051 said:

oh, you convert all the maps from The Lost Levels to DOOM classic, it's super interesting! From what I see, the cards are perfect! very faithful to the original keep up the good work I can't wait to play it when you're finished !

Its a royal pain to convert/recreate them but it has been super fun figuring out how to make the maps play similarly to the originals since macros aren't a thing in Doom and texturing them with the Doom II assets has been fun as well.

5 hours ago, Individualised said:

Yup, there was a general sort of agreement that someday down the line, Lost Levels would follow D64D2 with the Doom 64 TC levels and the Outcast levels, and other Kaiser Doom 64 things. That way it fits as more of an expansion pack rather than a minisode.

Map02 Evil Sacrifice fully playable and completable in ChocoDoom I'm currently working on fixing up Map03 Cold Grounds so it can run in vanilla/chocoDoom also Map02's music track "Dark Energies" has been updated so it sounds a tad bit different.

Small update

- Fixed some visplane crashes I over looked in Map02: Evil Sacrifice.

- Added a newer version of Map02's music track "Dark Energies".

- Changed Map01: Plant Ops music "Heavy Renderer" to a new track called "Our Master Plan".

- Started working on and touching up/adding to the three concept Doom64 maps Canyon.wad, MEE2.wad, and HACK2.wad to be incorporated with the Lost Levels.

- Started reworking Map03: Cold Grounds its in a very early WIP state atm. (Video below for a preview of Map03)

Map03: Cold Grounds Played in DSDA Doom.

Music track: Golden Anvil by Newhouse

Cool stuff so far! Though, the cherry on top would be incorporating D64D2's cut midis, which I didn't know about until recently! If your interested, I could compile those for ya and send them over if you'd like! Just feel like it'd really sell that feeling of supposed "cut content restoration"!

58 minutes ago, WorldMachine said:

Cool stuff so far! Though, the cherry on top would be incorporating D64D2's cut midis, which I didn't know about until recently! If your interested, I could compile those for ya and send them over if you'd like! Just feel like it'd really sell that feeling of supposed "cut content restoration"!

I had no idea that there were cut midis for D64D2 I would use them, But Newhouse has been hard at work making midis, He’s made an insane amount of midis for this project with numerous changes to all of them knowing only 7 where originally gonna be used for the project, So it wouldn’t be fair to him to not include as much of his work as possible, although whenever I get around to doing other doom64 map set conversions I wouldn’t mind using them with permission from the original composers of the cut midis.

Another Small update

- Maps have been moved around to incorporate the unused concept maps for Doom 64 

- Map04: Cold grounds visplane issues have been fixed so it won't crash in Choco Doom now.

- adding the final touches to Map04: Cold Grounds so it should be 100% playable soon

- Map05: Creeping Hell (Canyon.wad) has been updated with a new look.(Preview below)

- Fixed unnoticed visplane issues in Map06: Wretched Vats.

Final map list for TLLD2

Map01: Plant Ops - "Our Master Plan.mid"
Map02: Technical Difficulties(MEE2.wad) - "Laboratorium.mid"
Map03: Evil Sacrifice - "Dark Energies.mid"
Map04: Cold Grounds - "Golden Anvil.mid"
Map05: Creeping Hell(CANYON.wad) - "No Turning Back.mid"
Map06: Wretched Vats - 
Map07: Temple of Malice(HACK2.wad)
Map08: Thy Glory - 
Map09: Final Judgement -
Map10: Panic(Secret Level) -

The names used for the concept maps are a nod to Kaiser's original names for his "Merciless Extermination" wad before it became The Lost Levels

Updated version of Map04: Cold Grounds running in DSDA Doom:

Updated version of Map04: Cold Grounds running in Choco Doom:

Map05: Creeping Hell (Canyon.wad) before & after Preview

On 2/3/2024 at 6:14 AM, United VirusX said:

Map02: Technical Difficulties (MEE2.wad) - "Laboratorium.mid"
Map05: Creeping Hell (CANYON.wad) - "No Turning Back.mid"
Map07: Temple of Malice (HACK2.wad)

Are you recreating these from scratch, or just revising the unfinished levels?

On 2/5/2024 at 7:36 PM, Faceman2000 said:

Are you recreating these from scratch, or just revising the unfinished levels?

I'll be adding on to and touching up these maps so they feel right at home with the other maps. The HACK2 wad is incompletable in its current state, Canyon had some unused sections in it and MEE2 is completable but to me it feels like it was better suited to be a base map then a hell map.  

Edited by United VirusX

Map04: Cold Grounds can now be finished only thing that is needed to finish up the map is to add in linedefs so monsters are spawned in at the right time.

Hey everyone been quite a while since I've posted an update, I had a few issues with my PC dying out of nowhere with most of its components being fried, Thankfully one of the few things that survived was my main hard drive so all my work wasn't lost unfortunately I wasn't able to work on the wad whatsoever at all, But now I have a new PC and am able to resume work! 

Edited by United VirusX

Super early preview of what will be Map06: Wretched Vats sadly no custom MIDI has been chosen so far for this map

New video showing what Map02: Technical Difficulties looked like in its original form in MEE2.wad vs what its looking like in TLLD2