Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nathanB404

thoughts/experiences with weed

Nice try, Officer. Not going to incriminate myself.

Remember everybody: winners don’t do drugs 😎

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2024 at 9:39 PM, nathanB404 said:

what are your thoughts on weed, and experiences with it?

used to be good for me. but now I just get sick and have anxiety.

the first time high is a memory I'll always cherish. I wish I could experience it again. and still too this day I try (and hope) to replicate that feeling again. someday..

So, idk how long ago it was when you started smoking, but the THC levels of weed have skyrocketed in the last 15 years.  That anxiety may be a result of having WAY too much THC and no CBD, CBN, etc... to balance it out.  You're probably better off with a hybrid or indica.  Try to find stains with linalool, a terpene, as it's the same chemical in lavender that helps with relaxation.   My favorite strain is Do-si-do, it has linalool, but leans sativa, so it probably wouldn't be your bag.

Edit: After reading the other posts I just want to add that, yes, smoking is the worst way to consume cannabis and brings with it most of the problems of smoking tobacco.  Get edibles or tinctures.  If you're going with an inhalant, go with dabs. 

Anyway, watch your dose, make sure to have CBD to balance the THC, and always know your dealer.  Sesame STREETS!!!!!

Edited by EraserheadBaby

9 hours ago, VoanHead said:

Nice try, Officer. Not going to incriminate myself.

Remember everybody: winners don’t do drugs 😎

Except for all those famous artists, politicians, athletes, etc...

Posted (edited)

I use it daily as an anti-depressant. It works better than the meds to shrink's gave me, has fewer bad side effects (and they can be treated easily), kicks in instantly, and can be used PRN.  I use sativa and sativa leaning hybrids.  Do-si-do is my favorite strain.  It's a sativa leaning hybrid with a good amount of linalool, a relaxing terpene. 

"Weed" as a blanket term covers THCA and it's derivatives, CBG and it's derivatives, and the terpenes.  ALL of those chemicals have an effect on how the cannabis affects you.  Some cannabis is an upper, some a downer, some a pain killer, some very psychoactive.  If you live in an area with a marijuana dispensary, they could provide you with plenty of information.  Feel free to ask me any questions as well.  I will provide answers when I can and research what I don't know, as this is what I do for a living.  Started a fresh crop last week, I live in a place where it's legal.

21 hours ago, VICE said:

Weed is a xenoestrogenic substance, ruins your dopamine receptors, and is a waste of time and money.
Ditch it and eat some onions.

If you need to chill, learn to meditate.

If you want to see other dimensions of reality, drop some acid once in a while instead.

LOL.  You're worried about weed causing nervous system damage and then you suggest LSD as the go to entheogen?  Even good acid, which is hard to find, is not the best route, especially for a first timer.  Shrooms man, Shrooms!

Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2024 at 6:32 PM, EraserheadBaby said:

LOL.  You're worried about weed causing nervous system damage and then you suggest LSD as the go to entheogen?  Even good acid, which is hard to find, is not the best route, especially for a first timer.  Shrooms man, Shrooms!

Those will only damage your nervous system if you don't control the set and setting and don't replenish electrolytes (granted, most users do neither and end up getting their wiring all tangled up), and if you're easily spooked.
And it just so happens that meditation rewires your brain quickly if you've done it for some time and can get deep, which is why I mentioned it first. It even works during a trip.

Edit: Also, unlike weed, psychedelics don't cause your dopamine to spike and don't introduce estrogenic substances into your system.

And most of weed's beneficial flavinoids can be acquired from other medicinal herbs.

Edited by VICE

Posted (edited)

A brief video on the Endocannabinoid system.  Including the downsides of using way too much. 

Spoiler

A breathing exercise which induces the release the Endocannabinoids your body produces on it's own.  It mimics the effects of using cannabis to some degree.

Spoiler

Edited by EraserheadBaby

3 minutes ago, EraserheadBaby said:

Removed comment:  this was dragging things too far off topic

But the toad, man, the toad! lol

sometimes its alright. sometimes it spikes my anxiety and lets me feel my eyes rolling around under my eyelids, other times i run around in circles for 30 minutes in a blockout of an SRB2 map my friend was making. depends on the day.

Grungo recently once crossed river with friend to smoke weed once, accidentally dived into water and longstory short, grungo smoked funny leaf in underwear in the middle of the woods

never again

either hit or miss, depends on time and situation for me

thats all i can say really.

I used to smoke it semi-regularly, but once my bipolar fully developed its a no-go. It makes all of my symptoms worse, and gives me full blown psychosis on top of it.

On 4/19/2024 at 7:51 PM, DNSKILL5 said:

If one can get drunk wasted in their free time I don't see how getting stoned is any different.

It's not, it's literally healthier and safer...

Alcohol is the only drug in which its withdrawal can literally kill you, alcohol killed both my uncle and grandpa via cirrhosis of the liver, yet it's legal for anybody who's 21 and over. It's also everywhere, at least where I'm at. You can walk into a liquor store and walk out a big old bottle of Everclear if you truly desire. Get wasted, black out, choke to death on your own vomit, or get addicted and have your stomach pumped.

Just legalize it in all 50 states already. More people overdose and die on Tylenol yearly, and it's proven that overdosing on THC is impossible. God, there's so many reasons we should I could rant forever, but I digress.

Completely clean of it and I plan to stay that way. I don’t trust drugs

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 11:44 PM, Baron T. Mueriach said:

Alcohol is the only drug in which its withdrawal can literally kill you

Opioids

edit:

On 4/19/2024 at 9:39 PM, nathanB404 said:

what are your thoughts on weed, and experiences with it?

It's fine. I'll take it when offered and I don't plan on driving. I get silly and it feels fun and usually I feel pretty calm the day after but I haven't really gotten attached to it. It's the same with drinking really. I have to go out of my way to do it and it's only ever when other people are too.

I will say that I'm addicted to a morning cup of coffee. Nothing beats it. Not even sex.

Edited by BluePineapple72

I would have a harder time dealing with all the weird constructs of modern life without toking a bit to give me a minor mood boost. I don't really feel the "need" for it out in nature, or doing an honest day of physical work, or doing something else relaxing and/or productive and enjoyable. However, dealing with paperwork? Car troubles/traffic/etc? Bank account related garbage, house insurance bullshit?? Fuck all the stress that accumulates from that stuff, lol. A little weed in the afternoon helps me out with that as well as physical pains, so I do use it.

Also I don't want to start a big debate but there's been plenty of studies done on how carcinogenic weed is for the average user and I think the idea that a moderate smoker is guaranteed to get cancer is pretty openly silly from both anecdotal experience as well as various studies, both old and new. Not that it isn't at all carcinogenic - it is, in the same way everyday exposure to traffic fumes is carcinogenic, or any other number of things we encounter every day - but the idea that we're going to have people with holes in their throat because they used weed is just.. funny, to me, because it's not going to happen. It's been used by a solid chunk of the population generation after generation. There's been a rise in usage with legalization, but keep in mind - people were absolutely under-reporting their weed use before it was more culturally accepted. The polls as they appear do not reflect this known phenomenon..

Long short, very few people who were not geared to like things like weed are suddenly going to fall in love with it because it is no longer illegal, and unless you're smoking 10+ joints a day (which literally no one is), not using a water filter, let alone vaporization or edibles.. You are not gonna get cancer from it. Ask the people who are 60+ with those little voice box things what they smoked that caused that to happen. I guarantee it's not going to be weed, lol.

Burroughs had this to say on the matter. From Junky:

Weed is positively not habit-forming. You can smoke weed for years and you will experience no discomfort if your supply is suddenly cut off. I have seen tea heads in jail and none of them showed withdrawal symptoms. I have smoked weed myself off and on for fifteen years, and never missed it when I ran out. There is less habit to weed than there is to tobacco. Weed does not harm the general health. In fact, most users claim it gives you an appetite and acts as a tonic to the system. I do not know of any other agent that gives as definite a boot to the appetite. I can smoke a stick of tea and enjoy a glass of California sherry and a hash house meal.

Shortly later in the book he describes robbing people on a train for smack-money, but, you know, he had his fingers in many pies

Posted (edited)

I've been thinking more about this recently. This year I've been experimenting with micro/mini dosing mushrooms, one of the thoughts being that if I could replace weed with small doses of mushrooms it would save me a not insignificant chunk of change, since I can easily grow them myself. But long story short I don't think it'll work. There's something distinctive that weed does for me that the mushrooms don't. As someone who's almost certainly some way down the autism spectrum, I have a tendency to get really fixated on certain things, and my thinking tends to operate on very fixed rails, that just go round and around and around, which is kind of exhausting. But weed really breaks me out of that loop, takes my thinking off the rails - in a good way! - an enables me to step back and analyse and understand what I'm doing in a way that I can't when I'm caught up in my regular thought patterns. This is very therapeutic. So yeah, micro dosing has its own benefits, but won't be replacing weed for me.

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 10:26 PM, ALilGrayBoi said:

Completely clean of it and I plan to stay that way. I don’t trust drugs

based

Edited by nathanB404 : Grammatical error

I've developed a mild addiction to it, in the sense that I return to it under any and all circumstances, whereas I used to break from it once and awhile. Two decades ago, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and I find that getting stoned helps even out my mood, whereas none of the medication I took in the past seemed to be of any positive benefit. Of course, smoking too much can make me feel physically and mentally unpleasant, so it's a balance. Not smoking at all tends to make me a lot more easily stressed and moody.

Sometimes, I miss having that balance, where I would go a bit without smoking, and then return to it. But life is more complex these days, and my body pains are of significant enough import that I need a lot of stress relief, something that pain pills don't always provide. I stay stoned basically 24/7 and budget things carefully so I don't overspend.

Posted (edited)

I partially stopped smoking weed THC or i consume it very occasionnaly with friends. I am for the legalization of it because i think it could be a medicine in moderate consumptions. For example, six months ago, i was totally drunk and on the hangover the following day i was sick, i found 2 grams of weed in a box, i started smoking a joint and it healed me. Now i am a regular consumer of weed CBD, and i enjoy it when i am listening music and playing immersive videogames. This is a good alternative of THC, but in high doses, i feel the THC even if it contains only 0,3 % of it. The effect is light, i feel a little bit stoned but my brain is alright and the following day, i feel totally fresh.

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 6:39 PM, Wahrnehmungskrieg said:

Burroughs had this to say on the matter. From Junky:

Shortly later in the book he describes robbing people on a train for smack-money, but, you know, he had his fingers in many pies

Yeah that's just a load of bullshit. Weed IS habit forming. Virtually anything a person does repeatedly can form a habit. And people who stop smoking definitely can suffer withdrawals. It fucks with your brain chemistry. But just like many things, the precise level of effect and withdrawal varies.

Posted (edited)

It's definitely habit-forming for a lot of people, and potheads are by far the most irritating lot for me when it comes to drug users. I don't know a single junkie, crackhead, methhead, or dustsniffer that talks about their habit half as often as the average pothead.

They make it their fucking identity, put up bumper stickers, buy 420 clothes to advertise their hobby to everybody. They ask you if you smoke, you say no, then they bug you asking you for a connection. The poor fuckers will beg for roaches, it's pathetic. They'll sit there and talk to you about their bomb-ass sativa they grew themselves even after you tell them you don't give a shit, and a lot of them spend more money on it (almost every pothead I know pays for medical marijuana card + renewal fee + raw weed + edibles + vape devices + cartridges + pipes + bongs + other weed-related shit like CBD gummies + miscellaneous shit like papers/blunt wraps/pipe cleaners + memorabilia) than most crackheads could ever dream of. Remember, I'm talking about potheads not people who smoke weed.

Physical dependancy? Virtually none. They just have no desire to even slow it down because they would have no identity without it. It just becomes a lifestyle that they think is so awesome that they feel the need to talk about it 24/7 to everybody they know. I use a THC vape at night to sleep. If I smoke during the day, my day is ruined because it is goddamn boring and my least favorite drug I've ever used. And yes, I've tried the strain you're thinking of recommending, it's all the same to me. And yes, I've tried CBD. None of it does anything for any of my problems, phsical or mental, other than helping me to sleep because it's goddamn boring. It also smells like shit, but at least vapes solve that problem.

Benzo withdrawal is by far the worst, followed by alcohol, which is just as dangerous but doesn't carry the duration of benzo WD. Opiate withdrawal is highly unlikely to kill you unless you already have something seriously wrong with your health to allow yourself you die of dehydration from shitting and puking to death. Even then, that death wouldn't be quite as direct a result of WD from benzos. Choking on your vomit while sleeping is much more likely to occur while using than while withdrawaling. You aren't going to sleep, and your gag reflex isn't going to be impaired unless you already have other problems. It could kill you via high BP/HR, but once again, this is unlikely unless you already have problems. The risk of death from opiate WD is absolutely miniscule compared to using, and realistically the risk is only going to be there for heavy H/fent users. 

The opiate crisis certainly exists, but is blown out of proportion for political reasons, even though it doesn't need to be as it's already scary enough for anyone who has ever used. Take for example all the stories like "Jane accidentally touched a grain of fentanyl and it got absorbed through her skin and almost killed her" which are absolute bullshit, sensationalized stories made up to make a scary situation even scarier, because that's what gets attention, that's what gets votes - exaggerating the danger of something that's already dangerous. And that's what kills people, because once a drug addict realizes you lied to them, they tend to not believe anything after that. They just go into denial and say "it's not as dangerous as they say!".

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan : Was too high to spell correctly.

20 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

The opiate crisis certainly exists, but is blown out of proportion for political reasons, even though it doesn't need to be as it's already scary enough for anyone who has ever used.

The real issue is with nitazenes. As an organic chemist, I can almost ensure you that within the next 20 years, nitazenes will be wiping out masses of people. Due to it's relatively easy synthesis and readily available precursors from Chinese chemical vendors, even a couple of drongos living on a farm in Mexico could create masses of this chemical in very pure form.

What makes it truly scarier than fentanyl is that the potency is far stronger than fent. It doesn't concern me because I'm not a homeless pill junkie in L.A, but this shit could do some serious damage to the drug world. I just hope enough people realize this isn't the way to live before it's too late.

And for the record, fuck people who make weed their personality.

11 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

They make it their fucking identity...

I don't really know anyone who fits this description - I hope I don't! - but I'm generally pretty open about being a cannabis user, primarily because it's illegal here, and it gets a lot of bad press in our mostly very conservative newspapers, so I kind of feel it incumbent on me to present an alternative to the very negative stereotype.

On 5/17/2024 at 3:38 AM, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

The opiate crisis [...]

I don't think it's overblown, there's certainly some political war being fought between various groups, mostly American, some non-American, which has led to fentanyl and its ilk being introduced into the otherwise slightly-more-benign drug circus. And no doubt some of these groups are more clandestine ones noticing the blame shifting to the more 'visible ones' (China, certain American oligarchs, various drug gangs & cartels, whatever their intent and actual impact on this might be) to disguise their own presence in it all. Once the dust is all cleared, when most everyone who sees this post will be dead, the facts will be revealed, and nobody will do anything about it; it will instead achieve some latent apotheosis in some New Yorker literary swill using the mass of suffering experienced in our present time to achieve new 'effects' in whatever will be left of prose then.

On 4/21/2024 at 6:12 AM, VoanHead said:

[...] winners don’t do drugs [...]

This is the truest statement of the thread, unless you're one of those hardcore sXe folk who would prohibit caffeine: my Doom skills (which are most important, right?) are highest, completely sober, in the morning, after my first coffee and cigarette (feel free to omit the latter) of the day. Until I'm shown a record-breaking UV-max recorded under the influence of the devil's lettuce etc., I'll never change my mind