Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alaux

Nugget Doom 3.2.0 (updated July 29th, '24)

45 minutes ago, DOOMMALE said:

ive noticed the voxels in the first image, how do i turn that on?

Download Cheelo Voxels and then move .pk3 file to "Doom-all" folder in Autoload folder, then you can activate them in the menu, =)

Perhaps the voxel package (and my hudicons) should be linked on the initial post and/or github page? :D

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, plums said:

Perhaps the voxel package (and my hudicons) should be linked on the initial post and/or github page? :D

I guess I should explain how to get voxels, at least for as long as I use that one screenshot as the header. As for the HUD icons, maybe I should make a section in the OP for resources in general (NUGHUD, HUD icons, exploding-face sprites, etc.).

Posted (edited)

I didn´t realize about the 3.0 until now,lol

Still by far my prefered source-port now compatible with voxels, but I'm curious, what happened to the selective fuzz effect option? I can't find the toggle anywhere

9 minutes ago, MistycSpider said:

what happened to the selective fuzz effect option? I can't find the toggle anywhere

Options -> Enemies -> Blocky Spectre Drawing

2 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

Options -> Enemies -> Blocky Spectre Drawing

thanks, but blocky specter drawing and selective fuzz effect are two different toggles. the blocky toggle turns the effect into the 200p (not very sure) og resolution, the selective fuzz is a code overlook modification/correction

2 minutes ago, MistycSpider said:

thanks, but blocky specter drawing and selective fuzz effect are two different toggles. the blocky toggle turns the effect into the 200p (not very sure) og resolution, the selective fuzz is a code overlook modification/correction

Oh, my bad. That feature seems to have been temporarily removed, but has been restored for the next version.

Posted (edited)

Nugget Doom 3.1.0 has been released!

As you may guess, changes from Woof! 14.5.0 have been merged, with the big highlights being MIDI improvements and better support for Nuked-SC55.

And here come the Nugget-specific highlights:

• Restored Selective Fuzz Darkening setting, courtesy of @ceski.
  • Level Stats Format settings.
  • New NUGHUD features, and bug fixes.
  • Rewind improvements.

Note: Woof! 14.5.0 introduced new autoload folders, including all-all, which is equivalent to Nugget's all. The latter was removed in favor of the former, so you'll have to move your autoloaded files in all (if any) to all-all.

DIRECT DOWNLOADS:

Windows 32-bit Standalone

Windows 64-bit Standalone

Linux AppImage

See the GitHub release for all details. Have fun!

Edited by Alaux

Love the new update!

I noticed the "A secret is revealed!" message has been shifted slightly upwards (Woof!'s fault not yours).  Tbh, it's been slightly distracting.
Is there any easy way to center it where it was?  Or better yet, shift it to the top left like the regular messages.

Could I make a couple humble requests as QoL improvements?

Resurrected monsters don't count towards kills, and Lost Souls count towards kills. I always felt like id got this completely backwards and it bugs me!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lila Feuer said:

Could I make a couple humble requests as QoL improvements?

Resurrected monsters don't count towards kills, and Lost Souls count towards kills. I always felt like id got this completely backwards and it bugs me!

Initially, Lost Souls were counted as kills in the original version of Doom. However, this was changed because the developers did not address the issue of Lost Souls clipping through walls when a Pain Elemental was killed.

So, yeah, it will be a canon feature, =)

You can even try it in DSDA Doom with -complevel 0 (Doom 1.2)!

To count lost souls as kills, you could autoload a Dehacked patch saying:

Thing 19 (Lost Soul)
Bits = 4211206

This sets the flags for lost souls to include the COUNTKILL flag.

10 hours ago, Robo_Cola said:

I noticed the "A secret is revealed!" message has been shifted slightly upwards (Woof!'s fault not yours).  Tbh, it's been slightly distracting.

Well, I did allow the change to come through.

10 hours ago, Robo_Cola said:

Is there any easy way to center it where it was?  Or better yet, shift it to the top left like the regular messages.

Yes: for the Status Bar and Boom HUD you can use the WOOFHUD lump, and for the Crispy (Nugget) HUD you can use NUGHUD. You can't make it act like a "regular" message, though; it'll be displayed independently.

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 6:56 AM, Robo_Cola said:

Love the new update!

I think the new position is the correct placement. Why cover exactly in the center, right where the player is aiming? The original centered placement is a thoughtless and baffling design choice.

Quake had it right.

Edited by Trov

A QoL cosmetic suggestion:

An option that adds a map name print to the screen whenever you start a level.

Similar to this image (sorry for the bad quality):1257405065_Screenshot_20240518-1220582.png.b1234aa2f3ebed5ee8c65eed8e00b4ec.png

On 5/17/2024 at 2:00 AM, Alaux said:

Nugget Doom 3.1.0 has been released!

As you may guess, changes from Woof! 14.5.0 have been merged, with the big highlights being MIDI improvements and better support for Nuked-SC55.

And here come the Nugget-specific highlights:

• Restored Selective Fuzz Darkening setting, courtesy of @ceski.
  • Level Stats Format settings.
  • New NUGHUD features, and bug fixes.
  • Rewind improvements.

Note: Woof! 14.5.0 introduced new autoload folders, including all-all, which is equivalent to Nugget's all. The latter was removed in favor of the former, so you'll have to move your autoloaded files in all (if any) to all-all.

DIRECT DOWNLOADS:

Windows 32-bit Standalone

Windows 64-bit Standalone

Linux AppImage

See the GitHub release for all details. Have fun!

Oooh, on appimage! Now I no longer need to compile the sourceport myself! Thank you very much from all the Linux players :D

hey, i have a suggestion: could there be an option to toggle half damage or double ammo regardless of skill level?

1 hour ago, Karnasis said:

Something similar had been requested for Woof at some point, and was even coded by the devs, but for whatever reason it didn't make it through. I'll see.

20 minutes ago, roadworx said:

could there be an option to toggle half damage or double ammo regardless of skill level?

There could be. I'll take a look.

2 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

Is demo-compatibility still broken in this fork?

Broken is not the same as untested. Nugget's demo compatibility might not be broken for all I know, but it definitely is still untested.

Did anyone make a thingy with the new NUGHUD features yet? I'd like to use them to have a split statusbar hud, but I don't know if I want to spend my night tinkering with it to get that to work.

9 minutes ago, Logamuffin said:

Did anyone make a thingy with the new NUGHUD features yet? I'd like to use them to have a split statusbar hud, but I don't know if I want to spend my night tinkering with it to get that to work.

@liPillON?

I've posted a couple of half-cooked attempts on discord

Let me polish them up a bit and I'll share them here by the end of the day

preview (classic arrangement):

Spoiler

NUGHUD_split_classic.png.a04546b6160dd1dead93d4e53bbdf007.png

preview (modern arrangement):

Spoiler

NUGHUD_split_modern.png.3357fee41c52598b3f62040be6d912cf.png

14 hours ago, roadworx said:

could there be an option to toggle half damage or double ammo regardless of skill level?

Done, more or less; I should add toggles for these settings in some menu, optimally the Choose Skill Level one, but since that's not exactly trivial I simply added it as a cheat, in a similar fashion to the FAST cheat to toggle fast monsters.

By the way, "baby mode" is just how the source code refers to ITYTD; I'm not trying to mock anyone.

15 hours ago, Karnasis said:

You know how the map name is displayed on the Automap? Would it be good enough if I made that little text be displayed momentarily when you enter a new map?

Posted (edited)

NUGHUD_split_classic.png.88c507714b91679f23fbcde975efd9ba.png

available for download here:

https://github.com/liPillON/nughud_split

added to the showcase discussion here:

https://github.com/MrAlaux/Nugget-Doom/discussions/54

feedback is welcome

disclaimer:

- messages and secret/milestone notifications are hardcoded to be displayed in the top-left corner

- it is recommended to use the overlay automap, since the normal screen uses the WOOFHUD-defined widget arrangement

Edited by liPillON

19 minutes ago, liPillON said:

custom and widescreen STBAR lumps are supported (see previews in the spoiler below)

I haven't tested them all of course, so there might be issues with those implementing complex designs

Spoiler

pl2.png.115ac99a0089651f888265b691148a3e.png

jpcp.png.96f1145520e794b7cabea83d49714940.png

hellbnd.png.df48f17bdcec1871f8428610676fc648.png

btsx_e1.png.98b32f69b4c67cf8282646e4d9beff85.png

av.png.52e91bcea55f3a8cb6c63be15d1d5e7e.png

aaliens.png.eade8fe661c7dcd017162a6f2534ef08.png

31 minutes ago, liPillON said:

custom and widescreen STBAR lumps are supported (see previews in the spoiler below)

same previews, this time using the "modern" arrangement

Spoiler

pl2_modern.png.bfb2e36e55badaf1bcb8fc9c8aefed59.png

jpcp_modern.png.3d1d040bf0ef2ba3f56ce18727e87ca1.png

hellbnd_modern.png.3c919d1517352f13c30bd1f789ccd0a1.png

btsx_e1_modern.png.c43add3a58e832612db8448d3444f32e.png

av_modern.png.79234dfd4e53b9d9d1dcf5790abeb114.png

aaliens_modern.png.d5e0fa86108d58855a308622b5c2d5ec.png

@liPillON This is so freakin good! Big thx for this! One suggestion: maybe third alternative version of this with arms number above ammo instead in the middle? Or maybe option for turning this off?