Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavidN

[DONE/BETA] RAMP 2024 - Newcomer-friendly community project

Posted (edited)

Bump. All the best David. Can I please request that this time around, each level portal has a thumbnail like DUMP3? It makes it much easier to orientate yourself and locate your favourite levels again. (I'm mostly finished with RAMP2022, haven't done 2023 yet) YT vid looks like this has already been done, great!

I'm already working on something really silly 

I love ramp and the big collaboration and especially the lack of any real limitations letting all sorts of wacky ideas flow free range

7 minutes ago, Clippy said:

I'm already working on something really silly

So a standard Clippy map then?

Hm still got my own pack and doomworld maximum submission to work on but... what the hey I'll put them on the backburner for a few weeks. 

Before i join in, does anyone know the formats allowed?
is it just gzdoom formats or can i use something like "Doom: doom 2"?

i went to the website but all i got is "runs on gzdoom" and that does not directly answer my question

Last year I wasn't really sure of my mapping abilities, so I didn't apply but I'll take a shot at it this year. :)

last year's project is what gave me the motivation to start mapping! hoping to join in on ramp this time around :)

34 minutes ago, Patrick_Plays_Doom said:

Before i join in, does anyone know the formats allowed?
is it just gzdoom formats or can i use something like "Doom: doom 2"?

i went to the website but all i got is "runs on gzdoom" and that does not directly answer my question

It's all in the video! Doom 2, Boom or UDMF should be fine.

49 minutes ago, DoctorNuriel said:

It's all in the video! Doom 2, Boom or UDMF should be fine.

Thanks!
Now considering this, ill start working on an map ASAP

Commenting to remind myself of this. I have a level in mind, actually, though I feel its worth asking - is it considered bad form to submit a level you make to two different projects/megawads?

I enjoyed making a few maps for this last year! I had started a map last year that I never got around to finishing, so I may finish that up for this. Just need to get some motivation to do so. I mean, I still need to make some fixes to a map I made for a CP, but I'm kinda burned out. Hopefully I can finish that map, and then finish one for this.

Posted (edited)

Woot!  Happy to be a part of this again. Map in progress.

Oh whoa, this looks great! I got inspired and hairballed up a short map for this. Doomguy ends up helping a dying god of hell get revenge on the followers that betrayed and killed him. As the god dies, his death throes warp and corrode the environment. I still want to make some music for the map, so it's not completely ready.

Posted (edited)

Ooh, cool!! Are we allowed to use custom textures or audio? I'd love to add some but i wouldn't wanna bloat the file too big or something.

I too will map this year again. Unlike other years I'll be starting from absolute scratch and I don't know how far I'll get. Gotta get doodling!

56 minutes ago, KitKatrina said:

Ooh, cool!! Are we allowed to use custom textures or audio? I'd love to add some but i wouldn't wanna bloat the file too big or something.

Yep! The details are described in the rules section on the link in the opening post. We are all encouraged to keep the file size down and use light music formats, but mp3 is allowed as well (which is good for me cause I don't know how to MIDI :p).

Posted (edited)

I guess I can make something for this project... 

Glad that you allow to choose between Doom / Boom / UDMF, mapping in classic can be boring sometimes.

Commenting to get notifs, I will definitely make a map for this, even if it's something small. 

Feeling inspiring so I want to participate as well. Let's see what I can make for this one.

Posted (edited)

I made progress today, yay! Video is a bit crappy quality for some reason but that's alright.

Edited by A Handsome Fridge

Hello. I will of coruse join but i have qustion.

How many maps are sumiited already (even thoes WIP)? i ask becuase i don't see map list for some reason. 🤔