Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

4 hours ago, Egregor said:

I'm getting ready to drop RC1 of a vanilla Heretic level set titled Your Journey Begins. Here is the picture preview:

YJB_screen_compv2.png

I'm very glad that there is still someone making new maps for Heretic.. I really like Heretic and the pictures look really good.. I'm looking forward to it.

Posted (edited)

Trying to stretch the ability of my limited mapping skills right now, I can't figure out how to make a compelling narrative in vanilla but until I can do that I'll stick with this hl2 beta project. These are very WIP
c17.png.e3886c50af18d74768062fcca04e57a8.png
onlyones.png.5e523ccb9f1f7ddfcc581c6ed426bf18.png
verywip.png.7328799f8b4198a3e648930f05ca9f1f.png

Edited by Milkeno : Better screenshots

Made another weapon

New melee weapon for Eternity Engine 4.03 - Force Gauntlet with the mechanic of accumulating damage before a punch:
If you hold down the LMB, the player will begin to accumulate punch, the longer you hold it, the more damage you will end up taking during the punch.

During a berserk, the damage is doubled.

There are 4 stages of damage accumulation, the transition from one stage to another can be distinguished by a specific mechanical sound and visually by the changing sprite of the stretching arm.
Stage 1 - 100 (200 with berserker) damage, will work if you just press the LKM.
Stage 2 - 200 (400 with berserk) damage, changes the sprite of the outstretched arm.
Stage 3 - 350 (700 with berserk) damage, the sprite of the outstretched arm changes.
Stage 4 - 500 (1000 with berserk) damage, maxed out, at which point the player keeps his left arm maximally extended at the center of the screen, allowing for better aim before punching.

DOOM0067.png

I am once against indulging my green/brown/orange/blue fetish.

I did my 10th round of randomized deathmatch mapping!

I rolled the randomizer at the start of the stream, and this time I got 'MummyTex'!

Today's texture pack was from 2001, and was created by Andy McKie - it comes from his WAD called 'Mummy Phuquers 2'.

It claims to be an Egyptian-themed megaWAD, in the texture pack readme, but I can't find it on the /idgames archive.

Anyway, for being so old, it has some nice features - lots of marble edits, arch midtextures, bricks, and Egyptian mural textures. Honestly, it's not bad at all, if you're wanting to make a WAD of this style - especially if you pair it w/ Doom 2, like I did in this session!

The map only took me 1 hour, 58 minutes to complete beginning to end - for some reason, I was much quicker this time!

Here are some screenshots from tonight's session!

Random Doom2 Deathmatch Mapping (STREAM 10): MAP11: Pyramid Peril:

2u6hd21.png

q1jsSCc.png

b0MI3bi.png

List of packs used in streams so far:

Spoiler

1) Otex1.1
2) AquaTex
3) 5th Episode Textures
4) GothicDM1+2Tex
5) FoxTex

6) Vanilla Doom 2

7) Too Much Brown

8) NMN Corp. Tex 2 / Darkbase

9) Silver Textures

10) MummyTex

11) ???

So yeah, didn't really intend for this to be a speedmap - but I'm not complaining!

I've been really productive recently, getting a map done every second day! At this pace, it shouldn't take me very long to reach 32 levels!

Spoiler

This will be my 6th 32-map+ Doom2 deathmatch megaWAD!

:D

Still have been working hard on that one WAD I posted some screenshots of here.

Screenshot_Doom_20240614_105417.png?ex=6

Screenshot_Doom_20240614_105440.png?ex=6

Screenshot_Doom_20240614_105342.png?ex=6

Screenshot_Doom_20240614_105359.png?ex=6

Working on my mod and trying to make the Urdak map (although frankley all of them) better. I am kinda bad at mapping lol. I still need to finish code for alot of demons and weapons aswell.

Screenshot_Doom_20240614_183422.png

urdak.png

I did my 11th round of randomized deathmatch mapping!

I rolled the randomizer at the start of the stream, and this time I got 'GothMash'!

The map only took me 2 hours, 30 minutes to complete beginning to end.

Here are some screenshots from tonight's session!

Random Doom2 Deathmatch Mapping (STREAM 11): MAP12: Keep of the Damned:

J0oPsrK.png

osckEfN.png

pUwuyjZ.png

List of packs used in streams so far:

Spoiler

1) Otex1.1
2) AquaTex
3) 5th Episode Textures
4) GothicDM1+2Tex
5) FoxTex

6) Vanilla Doom 2

7) Too Much Brown

8) NMN Corp. Tex 2 / Darkbase

9) Silver Textures

10) MummyTex

11) GothMash

12)  ??? / ???

VOD available here: https://www.twitch.tv/arrowheadd2dm

I'm more than a third done this new megaWAD already!

:D

I started making a Rain World-themed joke wad (joke as in it's funny not as in it's bad) but it snowballed and now it's becoming a whole thing. It's really cool trying to accurately recreate environments from the game in 3D though... especially when working with Doom and the whole no jumping no crouching thing.

image.png.bf37b1551645cf8d6efff9fec28cd6da.png

Posted (edited)

This is my fourth deathmatch map for my new DM pack. I have never created a Hell style level at all, so this was a new experience for me. When I was finishing this level up, I had a good feeling that this might be my strongest one yet.

Shoutout to @Arrowhead for checking out each one of my maps to make sure I'm on the right track.

zesErXR.jpg

GpfXqvJ.jpg

zrMGmKJ.jpg

cS30ttm.jpg

d3DTPpY.jpg

Nd74OOT.jpg

CCrB2ld.jpg

On jeudi 13 juin 2024 at 3:51 AM, Arrowhead said:

Today's texture pack was from 2001, and was created by Andy McKie - it comes from his WAD called 'Mummy Phuquers 2'.

It claims to be an Egyptian-themed megaWAD, in the texture pack readme, but I can't find it on the /idgames archive.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/m-o/mumphuq2

Like mumphuq1, it was made for Doom Legacy. Dunno how much Legacy features it uses (haven't tried it); it might run in GZDoom which has some amount of Legacy-compatibility built-in.

After a few month hiatus I've have resumed work on the demo for my TC project. The basic layout of the level is complete now. I just have to code in another enemy and populate the level. Hopefully a release will be ready before July:

Screenshot_Heretic_20240614_045927.png

2 hours ago, Gez said:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/m-o/mumphuq2

Like mumphuq1, it was made for Doom Legacy. Dunno how much Legacy features it uses (haven't tried it); it might run in GZDoom which has some amount of Legacy-compatibility built-in.

That's close but not it, that's Mummy Phuquer 2. Mummy Phuquers 2 can be downloaded here:

https://teamhellspawn.com/doomheaven/wads/mummy2.zip

2 hours ago, MObreck said:

After a few month hiatus I've have resumed work on the demo for my TC project. The basic layout of the level is complete now. I just have to code in another enemy and populate the level. Hopefully a release will be ready before July:

Screenshot_Heretic_20240614_045927.png

Getting big Marathon vibes from this, really nice atmosphere.

Right now I'm working on a Thy Flesh Consumed themed WAD, 4 out of 9 Maps done. 

Spoiler

Little Peak of E4M2Screenshot_Doom_20240616_195535.png.a9d862b49b151bae3fb5e1e67b6f07c3.png

Posted (edited)

my polymorphic map for a community project. still very much work-in-progress though.

Edited by rita remton