Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WorldMachine

(ANNOUNCEMENT ON PAGE 4) DOOM Classic Redux (A Vanilla enhancement for Classic DOOM)

On 10/23/2023 at 4:29 PM, No-Man Baugh said:

Congrats on getting this wad featured in a Doom megawad showcase vid

my life is complete

Cool! Played it for a bit and really enjoyed it thank you.

found the chaingun a bit overpowering though - little need to use anything else once you get that!

Edited by Fuser Marucs

On 1/2/2024 at 7:16 PM, AnthemofGrimm said:

Tried to play Eviternity, but it keeps changing the rifle back to the pistol when I fire.

Running two wad files that change the weapons/enemies using Dehacked will cause silly stuff to happen, better not do that

It's a bummer because Brutal Doom and Project Brutality both do not have this issue. If I knew more about modding, id fix it myself.

19 hours ago, AnthemofGrimm said:

It's a bummer because Brutal Doom and Project Brutality both do not have this issue. If I knew more about modding, id fix it myself.

They don't have the issue because they're pk3 files, which typically don't directly conflict with a wad. The caveat is that they only work in sourceports in the ZDoom family. This mod is a wad file, which makes it compatible with a far wider array of source ports.

The only way to make it compatible with Eviternity and other mods that have their own modifications to vanilla gameplay is to modify this mod's color palette and dehacked file. Not worth the effort imo, you'd be better off running this mod with a wad that has the defaul palette and gameplay. I would recommend Boomer: Beyond Vanilla. It's a great wad and I ran this mod with it without issues.

On 1/8/2024 at 5:49 AM, 97th Century Fox said:

They don't have the issue because they're pk3 files, which typically don't directly conflict with a wad. The caveat is that they only work in sourceports in the ZDoom family. This mod is a wad file, which makes it compatible with a far wider array of source ports.

The only way to make it compatible with Eviternity and other mods that have their own modifications to vanilla gameplay is to modify this mod's color palette and dehacked file. Not worth the effort imo, you'd be better off running this mod with a wad that has the defaul palette and gameplay. I would recommend Boomer: Beyond Vanilla. It's a great wad and I ran this mod with it without issues.

Y'Know, Eviternity support doesn't sound bad, but I have never played it, so, maybe in a future update! I'm always up for compatibility!

2 hours ago, WorldMachine said:

Y'Know, Eviternity support doesn't sound bad, but I have never played it, so, maybe in a future update! I'm always up for compatibility!

Eviternity's color palette isn't much trouble, only changes the blues and the bright green band. I think the main challenge would be reanimating the rifle to fit the faster fire rate of Eviternity's pistol. Eviternity also replaces a couple of the monsters with custom variants so that is also something to work around.

Eviternity is a really cool wad, I definitely recommend it!

55 minutes ago, 97th Century Fox said:

Eviternity's color palette isn't much trouble, only changes the blues and the bright green band. I think the main challenge would be reanimating the rifle to fit the faster fire rate of Eviternity's pistol. Eviternity also replaces a couple of the monsters with custom variants so that is also something to work around.

Eviternity is a really cool wad, I definitely recommend it!

Got it, Thanks! I'll check it out after I'm done with B:BV 🙂

Haven't updated in a long time but...

BLAMMO!

psxLIKEtitlepic2BEEG.png.b74fefe9b4895971a5357f952bda0fa8.png

I think it's damn near perfect, but if yall have some feedback, I would very much appreciate it!

I'll try to keep ya'll updated as I near completion of the update, hoping for a title of 2.0!

47 minutes ago, Sonic 3 & Knuckles Chaotix said:

It doesn't work on WiiDoom :(

Excuse me "WiiDOOM"? You mean this thing?

Wii-Console.png.a41c31aa7a26c59cbb7f8e2d3f04f838.png

Revisited this mod when I decided to pair it up with Machete. Definitely glad this mod exists, it fills a niche that I'd definitely like to see more of. I've fallen in love with vanilla Doom gameplay, but the guns definitely get boring to look at after a while, so this kinda mod feels refreshing!

I did modify it slightly, which gave me an idea I'd like to suggest. The slot 4 smg looks neat, but it's sadly out of place, getting dropped by chaingunners. I swapped it out for the chaingun you used in Vanilla+ (took the time to swap out the gloves on it too) and it fits pretty nicely. Whatever you do, I'm looking forward to the new version, the new shotgun sprite looks neat!

On 3/2/2024 at 2:37 PM, 97th Century Fox said:

Revisited this mod when I decided to pair it up with Machete. Definitely glad this mod exists, it fills a niche that I'd definitely like to see more of. I've fallen in love with vanilla Doom gameplay, but the guns definitely get boring to look at after a while, so this kinda mod feels refreshing!

I did modify it slightly, which gave me an idea I'd like to suggest. The slot 4 smg looks neat, but it's sadly out of place, getting dropped by chaingunners. I swapped it out for the chaingun you used in Vanilla+ (took the time to swap out the gloves on it too) and it fits pretty nicely. Whatever you do, I'm looking forward to the new version, the new shotgun sprite looks neat!

Thanks! Version 3 will add back the chaingun when using it in conjunction with the .deh file, but with a much better sprite than the one used in Vanilla+!

Speaking of the new version btw, I've been working on it off and on, time to time, but the mod is shaping up to be very nice and I'm really only polishing it up until I'm happy with the state it's in!

So in the great words of id Software themselves:

"It'll be done when it's done."

Posted (edited)

Pretty weird that the medkits have been changed to green crosses in this mod, i made sure i wasnt running with bethesda's doom so that is a choice

Hope widescreen support for the hud is added next update

Edited by devlman127

Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2024 at 10:03 AM, devlman127 said:

Pretty weird that the medkits have been changed to green crosses in this mod, i made sure i wasnt running with bethesda's doom so that is a choice

Hope widescreen support for the hud is added next update

Oh it is, widescreen is basically done lol.

Heck it's been done, just I forgot to add it in the current version and realized way later, so it was already too late :/

Maybe I'll release widescreen before the update? How do y'all feel?

8 hours ago, WorldMachine said:

Oh it is, widescreen is basically done lol.

Heck it's been done, just I forgot to add it in the current version and realized way later, so it was already too late :/

Maybe I'll release widescreen before the update? How do y'all feel?

I don't mind waiting for the update

Posted (edited)

Would be nice, better for my current playthrough than changing versions but it's not that big of a deal

Tried this one out the other day. Pretty damn good mod. The only thing I’d change would be the imps, but I spose if your going for box art look 😂

yeah, really enjoyable. Might make a map set for it if I get the time :) thanks for making this 😁

On 6/7/2024 at 3:36 AM, dmh094 said:

Tried this one out the other day. Pretty damn good mod. The only thing I’d change would be the imps, but I spose if your going for box art look 😂

yeah, really enjoyable. Might make a map set for it if I get the time :) thanks for making this 😁

Thank you! I think this atleast deserves a few dedicated maps to show off all the changes in greater detail, but still, glad you enjoyed it!

On 5/30/2024 at 7:59 PM, DOOMMALE said:

any updates?

Both yes, and no to an extent...

I've been working on the mod very on and off for the past couple of months because of general burn out. I do come back to DOOM to play for an hour or two, but then when I think that the update is done, I get anxious that it won't be good enough and keep doing anything and everything I can to put it up to this high standard I put to it...

It's gotten to the point to where the mod is no longer Vanilla-compatible (Being Limit-Removing now.), and I feel like the mod is starting to veer off into a the direction I aimed not to go with it...

Ultimately, I think the mod is looking great regardless... but I just wanted to inform you all of what's been going on for the past month or so and why I haven't been updating you all with progress.

Just know when the update releases, it'll be good... (hopefully...)