Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steve D

Realm of Chaos 2: The Revenge of '96! Full Megawad development thread

Hey, @Obsidian! You did some DeHacked work on Map20, according to what @Cammy tells me, and it was really cool! All those nasty, whispering voices. Now, it's possible you advised Cammy and @antares031 on how to do it rather than doing it yourself, in which case I might need to remove you from the credits. Let's hope not! :)

Ah yep, indeed I did! Yeah, Cammy asked for a bit of help with some ambient sounds and I rigged up a patch to get the job done. 👍

Big update time. The OP has already been revised.

Realm of Chaos 2: The Revenge of '96, is finally, for real, with no doubt whatsoever, and I do mean absotively, posilutely quivering on the edge of an RC1. Now, let me be clear; we could have released an RC1 last year, but I chose not to. I wanted to make certain that all the maps likely to be in the final release were in the RC1. There is still some fiddling to do. There is a question about what map will be in the 10 slot. There are 3 contenders, 2 finished and 1 still being worked on. There is also the possibility of map shuffling, even between episodes. Further, there is the question of whether or not to add a bonus 4th episode for the maps that were cut. They weren't cut because we hated them, but instead, because we got into some trouble with too many big maps in a row, and to prevent player fatigue, we swapped them out for smaller ones. As you might guess, E4 would be a bunch of large maps. Anyone reading this can vote on whether we should add a 4th episode, or not.

We are still missing some music tracks, but I'm willing to release an RC1 without them. I also need to write up the text screens and do some other bits of clean-up, and that's about it. The map list in the current OP is what I'm willing to go with to release an RC1 within a month.

I'll be doing more updates soon. For example, most of the OP screenies are out of date, mainly because of discarded sky textures. I also might be super-egotistical and yap about all of my '90s maps that are in the project. There are currently 4 of them, one of which got me the job on The Macintosh Team, and another of which was intended for the original RoC but was left incomplete.

More to come.

Please please release all the maps that didn't make the 32. I'm sure they are all bangers and worth a playthrough!

Im with Firedust, I would like to see all and every map released. While we are at it I offer my services as play tester extrodinaire prior to actual release 😀

It looks like the E4 idea is gaining traction. @Cammy offered a cool idea of how to do it, so I guess it's pretty much set. I plan to have E4 ready for RC1.

@Insaneprophet thank you, and welcome aboard as playtester!