Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adamantium

What Games Do Yall Think Deserve The "Brutal" Treatment

8 hours ago, DiceByte said:

I just imagine when a chess piece gets captured they are glory killed.

Welcome to 1988.

NxN is best, of course.

7 hours ago, Zulk RS said:

Isn't that an JRPG? How do you even make a gory JRPG outside of cutscenes? 

Well, for starters, by giving enemies a gory death instead of just having them disappear upon defeat.

29 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Well, for starters, by giving enemies a gory death instead of just having them disappear upon defeat.

They do a doom-esque death animation and then spawns a "Corpse" that occupies the same spot?

Hm... I feel like somewhere in here, there might be the makings of a unique JRPG combat system.

12 hours ago, DiceByte said:

Terraria deserves the brutal treatment.

Terraria is already pretty brutal, with body parts flying away upon death.

I'm gonna say Starfield. When you shoot enemies in that game, you see hectoliters of blood splashing away but after that? The corpses are perfectly intact. In Fallout 3/NV/4 you can dismember enemies, in Skyrim you can behead them, but in Starfield, nah. There's not even any damage skin overlay to make them look like they received some damage; it's the exact same model and texture as when they're alive, it's just that they ragdolled and don't move anymore.

On 9/22/2023 at 10:55 AM, jmpt16 said:

why clarkson tho

If you have to ask, nobody can explain it to you.

Brutal Pong and a Brutal Dating Sim.

Ok less BS, I would be curious to see:

• Brutal Lemmings (to really experience the impact of letting your little guys down)
  • Brutal Harry Potter (let's get dangerous and gory with magic)
  • A finished Brutal Hexen (I really enjoyed the betas)

13 hours ago, june gloom said:

If you have to ask, nobody can explain it to you.

I live in America, the only thing a lot of people here know him from is Top Gear, and that's if they know him at all. He's far from a household name here, he's not even popular. I knew nothing else about him for the longest time.

On 9/25/2023 at 8:49 PM, Gez said:

Terraria is already pretty brutal, with body parts flying away upon death.

I'm gonna say Starfield. When you shoot enemies in that game, you see hectoliters of blood splashing away but after that? The corpses are perfectly intact. In Fallout 3/NV/4 you can dismember enemies, in Skyrim you can behead them, but in Starfield, nah. There's not even any damage skin overlay to make them look like they received some damage; it's the exact same model and texture as when they're alive, it's just that they ragdolled and don't move anymore.

But what about ripping out their guts? That doesn’t happen in Terraria. Plus, the old Doom games were still kinda brutal, exceeding Terraria’s brutality. But the fact that it wasn’t gorey enough seemed to tick somebody off, so they made brutal Doom. So I would love to see Terraria with Blood on the walls, improved visual and gameplay effects, brains, eyeballs, livers, spleens ect. going all over the place and glory kills.

Brutal Day of the Tentacle
Brutal Leisure Suit Larry
Brutal Powerslave

Brutal Psychnonauts
Brutal Redneck Rampage
Brutal Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive
Brutal Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon
Brutal Tomb Raider
Brutal Tropico
Brutal Wing Commander

[/joking]

6 minutes ago, MrFlibble said:

None, violence in video games is a (somewhat) necessary evil, but that does not mean it should be enjoyed or glorified.

Brutal Red Dwarf!

:D

Wait, that isn't a video game...

Brutal Immoral Cumbat. :D

Am joking, of course. BTW, if you don't know what I'm talking about and value your sanity, don't look it up. The little footage you can find of that game could put anti-Brutal Doom/anti-HDoom moral guardians into a coma, and from what I've gathered, it's controls and gameplay suck anyways. Besides, even if they didn't, monochrome gore wouldn't be very exciting to look at.

12 hours ago, 97th Century Fox said:

Brutal Doomworld

Imagine the ID24 thread but instead of petty bickering it's people shooting and blowing each other up.

THIS POST, HAS BEEN HACKSAWED BY RAAPHLIS!!,!!111

brutal Ore no Ryouri where they don't let you file worker's compensation after having to run to the nearest grocery store to get medical superglue because you ended up slicing your finger instead of the onions you intended to slice

Guarantee that this has already been said, but Brutal Super Mario Bros 1, purely just because it would be like playing a Mario flash game or animation from Newgrounds. 

Bonus points for art style mismatch, inconsistent pixel sizes between sprites, and a "what if the mushrooms are like mario's taking drugs" joke.

3 minutes ago, FourLoko Salad said:

Guarantee that this has already been said, but Brutal Super Mario Bros 1, purely just because it would be like playing a Mario flash game or animation from Newgrounds. 

Bonus points for art style mismatch, inconsistent pixel sizes between sprites, and a "what if the mushrooms are like mario's taking drugs" joke.

*Nintendo's lawyers then proceed to shut it down immediately.*

3 minutes ago, Master O said:

*Nintendo's lawyers then proceed to shut it down immediately.*

The true Nintendo fangame experience