Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hunting4r2d2

Doom Eternal Sneak Peek

The Slayer Club announced a new stream starting later today to celebrate Doom Eternal's 26th Anniversary. In it they mentioned that were going to show off some sneak peaks for Doom Eternal:

https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en/article/rpkkFiSJSQvGg0M9nxp0v/celebrate-26-years-of-doom-slayers-club-livestream

I'm not expecting much, but it's a little exciting nonetheless.

- Slayer's Collection, contains all four main Doom games (1, 2, 3, and 2016), available today.

- A peek at the unlockable skins for Eternal, and the UI customization; centered weapons were mentioned above.

- The new ports of Classic Doom will get free content packs where you can opt to download Final Doom or Sigil and other potential downloads in the future, and Doom 1 owners can play things like Final Doom regardless.

- The Doom 64 port is, for all intents and purposes, a consumer-streamlined and updated (Vulkan-compatible) version of Kaiser's EX port, and it also confirms the brightness was only dialed up specifically for the trailers.

54:00 is when they show off the UI customization and show some combat with centered weapons.

Seems like they definitely reacted to people's complaints about the UI, there's quite a few options to change it.

26 minutes ago, RaikohZX said:

a consumer-streamlined and updated (Vulkan-compatible) version of Kaiser's EX port

To nip this one in the bud early to stop the spread, not that's not strictly true.

14 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

To nip this one in the bud early to stop the spread, not that's not strictly true.

It's likely structurally different and all, but it's definitely taking inspiration from Kaiser's port in various ways at least, especially with the menu UI. I thought Kaiser himself was working on it?

1 minute ago, RaikohZX said:

It's likely structurally different and all, but it's definitely taking inspiration from Kaiser's port in various ways at least, especially with the menu UI. I thought Kaiser himself was working on it?

Yeah, and Quasar, Altaz and I

Can we assume the Slayers Edition will have the three classic skins?  Another thing I fear is that it will have its own skins which means for people who already bought those 4 games getting screwed for having to buy the games for a 3rd or 4th time if they want them.  Also would be nice if there was a PC edition.

I really want to know more about the empowered demon toggle.  Could it be invasion?  Note that it was toggled on.  I also hope the difficulties are more dynamic this time around.

I wish we were getting Doom 64 a month or so before the Doom Eternal Release.  Having it release the same day seems strange.

Some cool stuff shown. It seems like the carcass has a new attack in which he creates a sort of traveling shockwave in the ground. Also, anyone else noticed the mission objective titled "Shoot a Hole in Mars?"

10 minutes ago, Zemini said:

I really want to know more about the empowered demon toggle.  Could it be invasion?  Note that it was toggled on.  I also hope the difficulties are more dynamic this time around.

I'm curious about the sentinel armor toggle.

Small detail I noticed, during the phobos part when he uses the chainsaw.  You can see on the bottom right that the chainsaw actually recharges now like his predator gun.  This may be some kind of new rune that causes this.

15 hours ago, STILES said:

Centered weapons poses confirmed and I believe you can cast a shield like the Carcass with your predator gun.

I thought the shield came from a Carcass but it was blue instead since the player could still destroy it and i've seen some energy thing coming from the other side. (i thought he was also trying to use the flamethrower but the shield blocked it)

I also remember the possible chaingun shield mod from the Doomhunter trailer, so that might be preferable, specially if you could switch to any weapon while it's active so it's not restricted to the chaingun.

Just placing a shield wall on your own on the floor might be out of place for a game designed around "run and gun" style gameplay.

Anyway, kinda wished the classic skins had a more transparent visor unless they're also modeling a Doomguy face under it and make it optional to take off the helmet. (bonus points for visable damage)

Surprised Sigil was added along with the new artwork and Jimmy's music, because i thought that could have gone away.

I wonder if TNT will have it's map 31 fixed by making the yellow key show up in single player.

Also, did these new ports ever had multiplayer? Because they brought up Sigil's MP maps and even Plutonia has a dedicated deathmatch map hidden in its map 30.

7 hours ago, whatup876 said:

I wonder if TNT will have it's map 31 fixed by making the yellow key show up in single player.

This was fixed long ago, Id Anthology release

7 hours ago, whatup876 said:

Also, did these new ports ever had multiplayer? Because they brought up Sigil's MP maps and even Plutonia has a dedicated deathmatch map hidden in its map 30.

Splitscreen, since launch. Not exactly hidden information. 

Glad i was corrected, then, since i have both shit memory and don't research as much as i could.

I wonder how they're going to "curate" the addons for the ports too.

23 hours ago, STILES said:

Small detail I noticed, during the phobos part when he uses the chainsaw.  You can see on the bottom right that the chainsaw actually recharges now like his predator gun.  This may be some kind of new rune that causes this.

Sounds a bit OP, maybe it should be a really rare rune or upgrade.

They also had options for Sentinel Armor and Empowered Demons.

I wonder if the former is something to do with how armor works (like it being a second HP bar mechanically) and the latter activates some enemy attacks that make things harder.

On 12/11/2019 at 5:54 AM, whatup876 said:

I thought the shield came from a Carcass but it was blue instead since the player could still destroy it and i've seen some energy thing coming from the other side. (i thought he was also trying to use the flamethrower but the shield blocked it)

I also remember the possible chaingun shield mod from the Doomhunter trailer, so that might be preferable, specially if you could switch to any weapon while it's active so it's not restricted to the chaingun.

Just placing a shield wall on your own on the floor might be out of place for a game designed around "run and gun" style gameplay.

Anyway, kinda wished the classic skins had a more transparent visor unless they're also modeling a Doomguy face under it and make it optional to take off the helmet. (bonus points for visable damage)

Surprised Sigil was added along with the new artwork and Jimmy's music, because i thought that could have gone away.

I initially watched the stream in a crappy low definition due to my internet connection.  You are correct, it was actually the slayer using his flamethrower but the carcass intercepted it with his shield (which is now blue).

1 hour ago, Martin-CAI said:

Did you notice that there's no grunt sound when he recieves damage? I like the little changes that they made

I hope it’s just a volume slider in the sound options. I actually kind of like them, but wouldn’t mind if they were quieter.

The pulse rifle looks really great on this game. It feels deadly , I didn't get that so much with DOOM 3 and DOOM (2016).

The hud appears to show some improvements, the icons seem smaller to me and less obtrusive, also, the gameplay is fantastic.

6 hours ago, MassiveEdgelord said:

All if I know is that if Daisy doesn't make an appearance then the game is an 0/10.

She was already in some promo art

51 minutes ago, igg said:

She was already in some promo art

Not just promo art—she’s on the cover.

At least in the full artwork, I don’t think you can actually see her in the cropped version.

EDIT: right next to the arachnotron

2ei5g6azyf331.jpg

Edited by Ramiel