Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jacek Bourne

Maps by Jacek Bourne

On 3/21/2021 at 12:20 AM, Arbys550 said:

Just finished it, I'll post the video when it's done uploading. I liked the changes to the weird fight with the cyber up top, it makes more sense. I have an issue with the fight directly after the big hell knight swarm in that it seems arbitrary when the archviles and mancubi appear. I've had attempts where the archviles came out right away and some where they take forever to appear. Even with these, I'm not a fan of fights where you have to sit there waiting for enemies to infight, but that's just me.

Also with the final fight I wasn't really sure what the strategy was, I think I got lucky.

Update: Fixed the arbitrary releases in the 5th fight. Modified the final fight. No visual updates.

Combat_Puzzle_Test_1.zip

Edited by Jacek Bourne

Update: Added new fight (this is the last fight that will be added to this map) small changes to 4th fight.

Format: Boom

Testing Port: PrBoom+ (thank you arbys)

Difficulty: Medium Hard

Combat_Puzzle_Test_1.zip

If you want to playtest this one since no more fights will be added, then do so and critique it. Thank you.

Edited by Jacek Bourne

I'm still a beginner, apparently... Anyway, I was curious what this map is about and recorded a playthrough video, just because I can. 

YK and platforming overall is pretty easy compared to combat. RK and BK gave me some frustration. 

RK can be somewhat cheesed by blocking cyber teleport destination. 

The final fight is the most fun and less rng based one imo (even though it's essentially copy pasted from zzul's map)

I wish platforms in BK fight were a bit closer to each other so its possible to shoot while traversing them but that's not the point I guess.

Vid will be up soon:

New Map: Berserk Practice Map

Format: Boom

Testing Port: PrBoom+

Notes: This is a map I made to make myself better at berserk punching enemies. This isn't me trying to make interesting fights. Do what you will with it.

Beserk Practice Map

Edited by Jacek Bourne

New Map: Of Blood And Stone

Format: Boom (Doom 1)

Testing Port: DSDA Doom

Notes: I created this in 3 less than 3 hours for PUSS 13. I'm quite happy with how this map came out despite not having access to doom 2 enemy types. My original inspirations were sunder map11 and Mouse by Phml from sf2011. Somehow it turned out more like sunder map08 than either of those two. I decided to focus on larger hoards this time as opposed to my usual smaller enemy amounts. I like the atmosphere I've created in this speedmap. I would appreciate complevel -1 FDAs.

Download:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u3f7h3si9cadqpe/Of_Blood_And_Stone.wad/file

Screenshot:

Spoiler

gR3JNuD.png