Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai

Any Hollow Knight fans out here?

Since I´ve been strugling with the Pantheon of Hallownest (specificaly at Absolute Radiance), I´ve been wondering if any of you are fans of Hollow Knight.

Did you beat the whole game, what is your favorite character (Dung Defender ftw), did you finnish godmaster DLC, your favorite charm build?

obrazek.png.1dc6f5cca478d8218691c548b1a20c27.png

I watched my wife play quite a bit of it, and I helped her with some of the harder bosses and platforming sequences. I only got a few hours into my own campaign, but Hollow Knight's world and atmosphere genuinely stir my imagination in a way that games rarely do. I have a decent number of classic metroidvanias under my belt, and I think HK stands among the best.

21 hours ago, MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai said:

Since I´ve been strugling with the Pantheon of Hallownest (specificaly at Absolute Radiance), I´ve been wondering if any of you are fans of Hollow Knight.

Did you beat the whole game, what is your favorite character (Dung Defender ftw), did you finnish godmaster DLC, your favorite charm build?

obrazek.png.1dc6f5cca478d8218691c548b1a20c27.png

I didn't beat the pantheons but I love th game, can't wait for the silksong game. I am sure I can do it but it is so time consuming to do any of those boss trials. 

I got partway through it, but some bad stuff began happening in my life and I haven't really picked it back up since.

The soundtrack is amazing though, especially the Forgotten Crossroads and the City of Tears.

And what happened to...

Spoiler

Myla

...is just plain sad.

1 hour ago, Pegg said:

I didn't beat the pantheons but I love th game, can't wait for the silksong game. I am sure I can do it but it is so time consuming to do any of those boss trials. 

The first four pantheons aren´t that long or hard, once you become decent at fighting each bosses, it realy depends on your charm loadouts (mine was unbreakable strength, quick nail, mark of pride, unbreakable hearth).

That said, the last pantheon absolutely scares me, at least with absolute radience. That bitch is freaking nuts, with all the daka she throws at you.

Also looking forward to Silksong, do you think it will be prequel or sequel?

13 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

I got partway through it, but some bad stuff began happening in my life and I haven't really picked it back up since.

The soundtrack is amazing though, especially the Forgotten Crossroads and the City of Tears.

And what happened to...

Hide contents

Myla

...is just plain sad.

Yeah it´s pretty messed up what happened to her, realy hit me the first time I played.

Hope you are doing better now :)

37 minutes ago, MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai said:

Hope you are doing better now :)

Emotionally, yeah. Financially? I'll be paying that back for literal years, especially since Corona-chan chopped my paycheck for nearly a solid year.

Fricking LOVED Hollow Knight.

Absolutely dripping with atmosphere. Aesthetic is a perfect blend of cute and grotesque. An incredible sense of place -- from the airy City of Tears to the claustrophobic darkness of Deepnest.

I'm more of an explorer than a completionist, and don't generally enjoy boss fights that are extremely challenging, so I..

Spoiler

beat the final boss for the "bad" ending and was content to leave it there (having attempted the latter-stage final boss a few times and decided I was happy with what I'd played).

Dung Defender might indeed be my favourite, although I really do like our old buddy the mapmaker.

As for builds... I really enjoyed the nail lengthening charms and generally ended up using those with a little extra speed, although of course I experimented with other custom builds for specific circumstances.

Silksong has been absolute top of my Steam wishlist since it was announced, and while I don't generally buy games immediately on release (happy to wait for a discount), I just might with Silksong.

Edited by LordEntr0py

Man, I love Hollow Knight. I second pretty much everything @LordEntr0py said, though I'd add that I found the game's combat and movement to be incredibly satisfying and well-calibrated. The Knight is both highly responsive and yet strangely hefty at the same time, the animations are crisp, easy to read and cool as hell.

The charm system is a stroke of genius, far more flexible and enjoyable than the traditional RPG-style specialization system found in Dark Souls. This combined with Spells and Nail Arts creates a surprisingly deep combat system, lending an element of strategy to a game format that tends to prioritize reaction speed and muscle memory.

I, along with every other HK fan, am eagerly anticipating Silksong's release. Hornet's advanced moveset opens the door to all kinds of interesting and engaging encounters.

I'm also a big mark for Hollow Knight. Out of the many indie Metroidvanias (I know that word is disliked by some but I'm too tired to think of a better one) that were released last decade, I WANT to say this one's the best of them. I did just about everything I could before the DLCs were added, then I didn't touch it for a few years until just last year, when I decided to go back and get on the things that the DLC added. I didn't think I'd be able to beat the Pantheon of Hallownest, but I somehow managed to whomp it after several attempts and I was very proud of that. I just hope Silksong doesn't have a gauntlet that's as ridiculous, though.

My favorite character is probably Grimm. He's cool, he's mysterious, he's affable, and he's the best damn boss fight in the entire game, for my money.