Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alaux

Nugget Doom 3.2.0 (updated July 29th, '24)

4 hours ago, Alaux said:

This should fix it. Could you try it yourself, just in case? Windows autobuilds here.

By the way, I got the crash with THATCHERCADE.wad, not with THATCHER.wad. Were you actually talking about the former?

The crash happens with both wads, on the previous and current release of Nugget (3.1.0/3.2.0), but that fix in the autobuild worked. 

@Alaux , I just tried out your ci-test build on Mint 21.3 (I rolled back from Mint 22) and thought I'd let you know that it works flawlessly on my machine.  Whatever you did seems to work - at least for me. :)

Posted (edited)

What's this 90% beside the level time? It doesn't seem to change ever, as far as I can tell.

Nevermind it's game speed and I had somehow slowed the game down one notch.

I don't have Nugget Doom installed right now, but I noticed that the masterlevels and NERVE wads from the new official release cause Nugget Doom to not start at all.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Dweller Dark said:

I don't have Nugget Doom installed right now, but I noticed that the masterlevels and NERVE wads from the new official release cause Nugget Doom to not start at all.

Whenever you can, please try them in the latest Woof release and its latest autobuild, to see if it's a Woof issue.

Oh, while we're on it: does anyone here use the BABYMODE cheat? Now that the custom skill is a thing and allows to toggle the same modifiers as the cheat and more, I wanted to get rid of the cheat since it's rather useless.

Just now, Alaux said:

Whenever you can, please try them in the latest Woof release and its latest autobuild, to see if it's a Woof issue.

Latest Woof release does the same thing, not sure how to find the autobuild tho.

Posted (edited)

not sure how to find the autobuild tho.

Here. If you don't have a GitHub account (required to download them), try using the link in this site.

EDIT: linked wrong autobuilds, just updated post with the correct ones.

5 minutes ago, Alaux said:

Here. If you don't have a GitHub account (required to download them), try using the link in this site.

The Woof autobuild runs both wads without issue. There is a slight problem with the masterlevels wad in that it uses the wrong skybox, though: 

3 minutes ago, Dweller Dark said:

The Woof autobuild runs both wads without issue.

Then the issue should be fixed in Nugget once changes from the next Woof release are merged.

There is a slight problem with the masterlevels wad in that it uses the wrong skybox, though

You may want to report it to the Woof devs.

2 minutes ago, Alaux said:

Then the issue should be fixed in Nugget once changes from the next Woof release are merged.

You may want to report it to the Woof devs.

I had to reread the post in that thread, but it looks like it's a problem with the masterlevels wad itself. The skybox is wrong in the official port, Doom Retro, and in the Woof autobuild. So it could be something that Nightdive has to fix. But I can report it to the Woof devs if there's a way to implement a workaround.

Posted (edited)

I feel like the masterlevels skies was an intentional choice by nightdive to make it more of a coherent episode. I don't think it's something the engine should mess with or workaround. The appropriate solution would be a pwad to change it back.

The bottom line is it's baked into the masterlevels WAD and not the executable interpreting something improperly. The UMAPINFO sets each level's sky to SKY1, SKY2, or SKY3, and in that WAD all three of those graphics are night skies of increasing density. There is really no ambiguity here in how it should be interpreted by the engine.

Edited by Trov

3 minutes ago, Combinebobnt said:

Does this port run Brutal Doom?

No, BD is zdoom based ports only

Posted (edited)

@Alaux - I made a NUGHud and added it to the thread on github. Noticed a weird issue with it when I play on my Steam Deck via Luxtorpeda (I'm guessing Luxtorpeda is using the appimage), though.

I'm using the "wide" command to shift the elements further out on widescreen displays, like this for example:

; Face
nughud_face_x    	27
nughud_face_y	   146
nughud_face_wide	-1
nughud_face_bg		 0

; Health Count
nughud_health_x     42
nughud_health_y    180
nughud_health_wide  -1
nughud_health_align  0

This works perfectly on the windows version and if I change the aspect ratio in the menu I can see the HUD elements jump around as I'd expect.

But when I play on Steam Deck/Linux, the elements seem to behave as though they are using "_wide 0" instead of "_wide 1"/"_wide -1". No matter what aspect ratio I select, the HUD elements don't move.

Wondering if this is a reproducible bug or if I've got something wrong in my config.

Also while I'm here - the Beserk health pack icon replaces nughud_ammo count when you switch to fists. Which is great, but the alignment seems different to the ammo count text for me. Wondered if maybe it's not inheriting the alignment setting of the rest of the element maybe?

5 hours ago, Duffking said:

But when I play on Steam Deck/Linux, the elements seem to behave as though they are using "_wide 0" instead of "_wide 1"/"_wide -1". No matter what aspect ratio I select, the HUD elements don't move.

Wondering if this is a reproducible bug or if I've got something wrong in my config.

For a moment, I'm going to assume that you're properly loading the same NUGHUD on both your Windows device and Steam Deck. Could you possibly take your Steam Deck's .cfg and use it on the Windows device and vice versa, and share both with me so I can try them myself?

5 hours ago, Duffking said:

the Beserk health pack icon replaces nughud_ammo count when you switch to fists. Which is great, but the alignment seems different to the ammo count text for me. Wondered if maybe it's not inheriting the alignment setting of the rest of the element maybe?

I'll look into it later.

7 hours ago, Duffking said:

Also while I'm here - the Beserk health pack icon replaces nughud_ammo count when you switch to fists. Which is great, but the alignment seems different to the ammo count text for me. Wondered if maybe it's not inheriting the alignment setting of the rest of the element maybe?

I've been using this HUD since you posted it and the alignment seems off for me too, the Berserk icon being to the left of the ammo count when it probably should be in the same position. Thank you for making it, though, it's a nice HUD!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Alaux said:

For a moment, I'm going to assume that you're properly loading the same NUGHUD on both your Windows device and Steam Deck. Could you possibly take your Steam Deck's .cfg and use it on the Windows device and vice versa, and share both with me so I can try them myself?

I'll look into it later.

As you suggested I swapped the two configs over and yep, it must be something in the config. I chopped through the differences and spotted that hud_active was set to 1 on my deck config and 2 on my PC. Which aligns to me being dumb and forgetting that that the HUD section has a control for HUD mode and it wasn't set to "wide" on my deck. Problem solved. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I must have flipped it by accident at some point.

1 hour ago, Dweller Dark said:

I've been using this HUD since you posted it and the alignment seems off for me too, the Berserk icon being to the left of the ammo count when it probably should be in the same position. Thank you for making it, though, it's a nice HUD!

Glad you like it. I'd been tempted to post in here, "hey can anyone try replicating DoomRetro's HUD" and figured I might as well try it myself and share it instead..

On 8/19/2024 at 9:53 AM, Duffking said:

Also while I'm here - the Beserk health pack icon replaces nughud_ammo count when you switch to fists. Which is great, but the alignment seems different to the ammo count text for me.

On 8/19/2024 at 5:35 PM, Dweller Dark said:

I've been using this HUD since you posted it and the alignment seems off for me too, the Berserk icon being to the left of the ammo count when it probably should be in the same position.

Should be fixed. Thanks @Duffking for mentioning it!

When I try running SIGIL 2 on this I get UMAPINFO:3:4Invalid name e6m1

Nice port.

EDIT: Nevermind, I had to create a shortcut of the nugget and put  -iwad doom.wad -file sigil2.wad on the target box.  I couldn't just drag it to the .exe

This port looks better then GZDoom, good job.

Edited by vanilla_d00m

I don't usually post this kind of goofy stuff, but I got hacky with NUGHUD bars and I really want to share it:

^

That is awesome!  Would you consider sharing a WAD or perhaps the code?  I wanna steal it for my own use. :P

27 minutes ago, Average said:

Would you consider sharing a WAD or perhaps the code?  I wanna steal it for my own use. :P

This really is an abuse of the NUGHUD bar system, to the point of tanking my performance when using it; it's drawing a very wide patch multiple times, which is obviously not optimal.

If you insist, here it is:

NUGHUD-Heretic.zip

Though I must warn you that it's a quick and dirty proof-of-concept; text-line widgets haven't been relocated, the status bar itself isn't wide enough to hide the chain, and said chain disappears when you have (close to) no health. Also, for the sake of crediting: I got the widescreen graphics from some collection of widescreen assets, they seem to be the same as in GZ.

EDIT: I should also clarify that this requires the latest Nugget autobuilds, as I had to extend some of NUGHUD's limits to make it more decent.

Edited by Alaux

@Alaux Thanks muchly.  I just want to mess around with it and get a feel for what's possible.  I'm not very good at starting from scratch but I like to pull things apart to get the gist. :)

5 hours ago, VaibhavRM said:

can an autoload folder in a different location be used?

Not that I'm aware of. Perhaps you could use a symlink, if you know what that is.

3 hours ago, Alaux said:

Not that I'm aware of. Perhaps you could use a symlink, if you know what that is.

oh I never thought of that, thank you so much!

2 Request'

It'd be cool if you could include an option for a gibbing sound when corpses get crushed, like in PSX Doom and 64. 

This one may be a little more complicated, but there was also a gibbing animation for Doomguy's face in the hud of the PSX version.

I don't recall seeing it in other source ports.

Edited by ASON-Z-

3 hours ago, ASON-Z- said:

It'd be cool if you could include an option for a gibbing sound when corpses get crushed, like in PSX Doom and 64. 

Already a feature in the current development branch.

3 hours ago, ASON-Z- said:

This one may be a little more complicated, but there was also a gibbing animation for Doomguy's face in the hud of the PSX version.

Woof implemented support for that quite a while ago, and Nugget inherited it. However, you need to provide the gibbing-face graphics yourself. This mod of mine has them.

33 minutes ago, TheSwordman said:

the ending text doesnt fit in the screen

Sounds like an issue that should also be affecting Woof 14.5.0 (which the latest Nugget release is based upon). I'd suggest that you try the latest Woof autobuilds to see if they've fixed it already; if so, Nugget will inherit the fix later on.

18 minutes ago, Alaux said:

Sounds like an issue that should also be affecting Woof 14.5.0 (which the latest Nugget release is based upon). I'd suggest that you try the latest Woof autobuilds to see if they've fixed it already; if so, Nugget will inherit the fix later on.

The latest Woof release also had the same issue, which fabian said it was fixed, so i guess it will be fixed here soon