Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

Favorite shooter after 2000?

Doom

Titanfall 2 (the campaign sucks tho, fight me 😁)

Prodeus

Splitgate

Hyperscape

Overwatch circa 2017

Helldivers 2

Uncharted 4

My personal favourite would be "Call of Duty: Ghosts" and "Call of Duty: Black Ops" on the Playstation 3. It's one of the many games I used to play back in my childhood.

Half-Life 2

Team Fortress 2

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Call of Duty: Finest Hour

Battlefield: Vietnam

Battlefield 2

Doom (2016)

Far Cry (1,2,3)

Counter Strike: Source

Honestly, I think the Splintercell games are my favorite. They did the 3rd person really well. I especially LOVED the first game. The mechanics improved with the newer games (and I played them all) but the first one really told the story and sold it.

I don't have an exact favourite but some of my favourites are:

Titanfall 2 - I just really like the movement in the game. The titans are also really fun.

STALKER (Don't know if I would chose SoC or CS, I really liked them both. I am about to play CoP).

Halo Reach - By far my favourite Halo.

Fallout New Vegas - Not entirely a shooter, but I'm still going to count it

Risk of Rain 2 - Also not exactly a shooter, but I have seen people call it one.

idk if this counts but like fistful of frags is pretty cool!!1!

This is probably one you haven't heard of before, unless you're a fan of David Szymanski's:

Chop Goblins! It's basically a modern take on the most basic shooter you could imagine, and it's pretty fun lol

HL2 is pretty good too, but that's just because of its story, as a game it's a little stop and go, what with the puzzles every 10 or so seconds and all

i'm imagining a type of person who would respond to this question with "Sine Mora", then getting frustrated at them, so im just gonnna disregard that and say Pink Sweets, or Challenge ProMode Arena.

17 hours ago, Immorpher said:

Already mentioned, Aliens vs Predator (2000) and its sequel were good fun!

I'd even argue that AvP2 is one of the better plot-driven FPS games I've played. Not Primal Hunt though, that was a waste of time.

IIRC, the original AvP came out in 1999, and the Gold Edition is from 2000. Which arguably has better FMV cutscenes, although performed by the devs and not the professional actors like in the original release. The game is top notch when it comes to creating a scary and oppressive atmosphere, it's not tied by storytelling that much and there's a charm in that too. Also I loved lots of bonus content (you can unlock extra missions for each character, doubling the total number of them, although the maps are reused from the other species' campaigns), and there are those unlockable game modes which are pretty neat as well. Also, I quite enjoyed the skirmish mode where you're swarmed with endless waves of aliens, they were more manageable on some maps than on others. There was one conceptually cool map where you need to rush to a bunker that literally looks like a Terran Bunker from StarCraft, and once you're in, aliens start pouring from all sides, they break though the ceiling and all that. 

23 hours ago, yakfak said:

prey is good (the shooting is boring, i just like it as a sim, i just needed to name a game lol)

maps are a big draw for me so i think a fair few modern shooters are offputting, since;

big budget ones ferry you round the map to see the next set piece
revivalist stuff tends to look very quake-ish but kick out a lot of the dungeon feel in favor of arenas and arenas have been done to death

Prey is a very good immersive sim but he is so underrating. Furthermore, in my list, i forgot to mention Dishonored another excellent sim.

So consequently, i reiterate my list (i put only FPS and don't include TPS, otherwise the list would be too long).

STALKER - Shadow of Chernobyl (better experiences with mods)

STALKER - Clear Sky with four years of modding, Merging and Scripting (thanks to Borovos, CrommCruac and Vandrerer)

STALKER - Call of Pripyat (only with mods)

Metro 2033

Metro: Last Light

Metro Exodus

Black Mesa

Half-Life²

Portal

Portal 2

Half-Life: Alyx

BioShock

Dishonored

Dishonored 2

Prey 2017

F.E.A.R.

Crysis

Crysis Warhead

SOMA

DOOM 2016

DOOM Eternal

DOOM 3

Titanfall 2

Posted (edited)

Unreal Tournament 2003

Half-Life 2

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Borderlands

Edited by TheGreenZap

Posted (edited)
  • Quake 3: Team Arena (2000)
  • Freedoom (2001)
  • Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001)
  • Unreal Tournament 2003 (2002)
  • Unreal Tournament 2004 (2004)
  • Doom 3 (2004)
  • Quake 4 (2005)
  • Open Arena (2005)
  • World of Padman (2007)
  • Chex Quest 3 (2008)
  • Xonotic (2011)
  • Black Mesa (2015)
  • Doom (2016)
  • Quake Champions (2017)
  • Dusk (2018)
  • KovaaK's Aim Trainer (2018)
  • Doom Eternal (2020)
  • Quake Enhanced (2021)
  • Quake 2 Enhnaced (2023)
Edited by Geniraul : Unreals, Freedoom and Chex Quest 3 added.