Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alex S.

IDKFA Cheat Code Meaning - Opinion Poll

IDKFA Cheat Code Meaning - Opinion Poll  

195 members have voted

1. 1. IDKFA, we all know what it does. But what do you associate these letters with? Ive heard it a few different ways from a couple different sources. Which do you stand with?

• Id Killer F___ing Arsenal
    • Id Keys and Full Ammunition
    • Id Keys and Full Arsenal
    • Something else...
    • Shut up Alex, your poll is dumb.

I always thought it was "ID Kick Fucking Ass" meaning that you can now kick ass with the weapons you got.

I thought it was Keys Full Arsenal, so that's what I voted, I think my conviction was cemented by IDFA doing the same without the keys. But it's interesting to know from Andromeda's post that I was wrong all this time!

14 hours ago, Doomkid said:

But at the same time, didn’t IDFA come later? As in, wasn’t it an “afterthought code”?

I can definitely confirm it came later, Doom 1.1 didn't have it. For a long time I assumed it was added in Doom II because we had it there (initial release, so 1.666). I wasn't able to get a Doom patch until a few years later (downloading a 1Mb patch on a 2400 baud modem was... well, let's just say I tried. MANY times), at which point I jumped straight from 1.1 to 1.9. And I only found out much much later that the executable were identical anyway across both Doom games.

7 hours ago, Jayextee said:

IDKFA ackchewally stands for:

Reveal hidden contents

You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

"IDGITGUD"

18 hours ago, Jayextee said:

Reveal hidden contents

You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Hey, back in the early to mid 90's cheat codes were a big deal. They were a closely kept secret, and you always wanted to be friends with the kid who knew them. This was before the internet was used for everything, and was reserved for adults doing actual work.

I'm still dubious as to Sonya Blade having a "nudality" finishing move in Mortal Kombat. But I knew kids in third grade that swore they saw it. "She just takes off her clothes and the guy just falls down!"

4 hours ago, Jello said:

Hey, back in the early to mid 90's cheat codes were a big deal.

Worry not, that was copypasta.

9 hours ago, Jello said:

I'm still dubious as to Sonya Blade having a "nudality" finishing move in Mortal Kombat. But I knew kids in third grade that swore they saw it. "She just takes off her clothes and the guy just falls down!"

Wait... wasn't that an actual fatality, not from Mortal Kombat, but the first Killer Instinct game. Orchid flashes her opponent and they have a heart attack. 

On 5/15/2022 at 10:47 AM, Baysha said:

I always thought it was "ID Kick Fucking Ass" meaning that you can now kick ass with the weapons you got.

This is exactly what I thought it was I think we both picked this up from somewhere.

The sequence of events as i understood it

1. ID (time to) Kick Fucking Ass
  2. they added IDFA as a keyless option, remove the K from that because, well that makes sense
  3. ID Keys & Full Ammo retconned for the kids

I know that is all wrong

On 5/15/2022 at 7:40 PM, Ar_e_en said:

I Don't Know Fuck All!

Yeah I always thought it was this because it's a pretty common acronym. At least in Australia, I don't know about elsewhere.

12 hours ago, Idkfa1993 said:

It properly means "I. DON'T. KNOW. F**K. ALL."

You really couldn't wait another day to achieve a perfect necrobump, could you?

Back then I didn’t give much thought about it.   Just used it to learn some maps then beat it without.  ID Kicks F’ing A** according to google.

I would have never thought.

my headcanon was always

"ID key floor ammo"

dunno how that'd make sense, but...

Posted (edited)

I always thought it stood for Keys, Fucking Ammo -- in the same vein as BFG 9000.  Id's attitude apparent.

That made sense to me also with Doom 2's IDFA.  No Keys, just the fucking ammo. =)

On 5/15/2022 at 3:21 PM, Jayextee said:

Hide contents

So, in other words, "I'll Die Knowing Fuck-All"

I feel like it is killer fucking arsenal

It just feels like something ID would do back then with their macho man attitude