Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

[Release, UDMF] Eschatology 1: Decayed Faith (now at v1.1)

Looks very cool, and one map releases fit very nicely into my life these days, but the main K8Vavoom download link is a dead click for me (curl gives a 301). I downloaded another one from the all builds page but on starting up I got a "Win 11 Preview not supported" error. I'm on plain old Windows 11 Home. @ketmar?

Ketmar quit because of 'freedom of expression' issues or something. too bad because only people who actually care will pay attention to kbvavoom or something

34 minutes ago, LadyMistDragon said:

Ketmar quit because of 'freedom of expression' issues or something. too bad because only people who actually care will pay attention to kbvavoom or something

How brave, what a hero.

The maps here look nice so I'll see if I can get K8V running well with a controller. I'm a pretty big fan of your previous work @Remilia Scarlet, due to the atmosphere that is always on display. SotNR = 10/10

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

@Remilia Scarlet This is GREAT! I really enjoyed playing this. Unfortunately, my recording kind of quit on me. I'll try doing another playthrough soon. Took me about an hour and a half with saves to beat on UV. Highly recommend.

2 hours ago, holaareola said:

Looks very cool, and one map releases fit very nicely into my life these days, but the main K8Vavoom download link is a dead click for me (curl gives a 301). I downloaded another one from the all builds page but on starting up I got a "Win 11 Preview not supported" error. I'm on plain old Windows 11 Home. @ketmar?

Change the compatibility settings to Windows 8. That worked on my wife's laptop.

So I just finished this...took me some time to figure a particular marking could mark secret areas...also, getting out of the first water pool upon falling in was somewhat hard to figure too because the lift was in a corner and not so visual. The first Caco appearance was quite nasty for some reason. But I found all 5 secrets! But no secret messages...sadness

Edit: I forgot, you've got a gift for Cyberdemon placement that rivals Jim Flynn or John Romero. Although putting one in a tight space is normally ill--advised but yet you make it work!

Edited by LadyMistDragon : forgot about cyber discussion darn

Updated to v1.1!  This is a small update that lets you skip quickly through the intro story text, and has just very small tweaks to the map.  OP has the new link.

Eschatology 2 ended up being slightly delayed, but it's essentially finished now.  I am, however, waiting for a new K8Vavoom release before I release part 2, as it relies on some pending bug fixes.  So please be patient ^_^

On 6/13/2022 at 6:18 PM, LadyMistDragon said:

Edit: I forgot, you've got a gift for Cyberdemon placement that rivals Jim Flynn or John Romero. Although putting one in a tight space is normally ill--advised but yet you make it work!

Ahahaha thank you!  I think I missed this edit the first time around.  I've grown fond of using them not just as a "big scary monster, shoot it", but as something more.  I think my time in Quake and Doom 64 has been the influence for the mainly.

On 7/20/2022 at 5:05 AM, Remilia Scarlet said:

Ahahaha thank you!  I think I missed this edit the first time around.  I've grown fond of using them not just as a "big scary monster, shoot it", but as something more.  I think my time in Quake and Doom 64 has been the influence for the mainly.

I could go for something manly right now.:)