Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ofisil

THEME-GAWAD: A Doom II Megawad

Dear @Ofisil, accept my congratulations! Thank you and your entire team!

I really hope that I will complete this megawad and record UV-Max videos (not demos, I'm totally not a speedrunner :D) on it no later than 2023 year...

Congratulations to everyone involved, this was a super fun project to be a part of!

Cool to see this finally release. Credits to @xScavengerWolfx for keeping my map going after the start of my (mostly still on going) mapping burn out. And congrats to everyone involved with this for getting here. Will be sure to check this out when I get a chance.

At long last, it's finally here. It was good to be part of this project.

Much props to everyone involved, and special thanks to @Ofisil for leading the project. Feels unreal seeing this megawad officially done. I’m glad to have this Wad as my first real contribution to the community.

Edited by Demonic Meatball

Already playing map 8! Quite addictive stuff :D So far the maps have been really great. Hats off, one of the best mapsets I've played for a couple of months so far.

Cognates team and @Ofisil for making this happen. I'm glade we manged to get this finished and everything. Can't wait for the next one, as always thank you for letting me be apart of this community project and i'm still proud that i remade map03 in a week.

Congratulations!  Working on this project was pretty fun & quite the learning experience, looking forward to trying the full wad.  ^_^

Hoping to hear impressions from others as well!

Wish I could have contributed more, but I'm glad this project is finally out! I'll have to play through it again, now that it's actually done.

1 hour ago, IRod54 said:

How do I download this as a wad file?

Download the .rar file at the top. It is a kinda funky way of sharing especially since WADs tend to be smaller files usually.

You will need a program to extract it I think, such as WinZip or 7zip, both are free. There may be easier methods but that's what I use.

I remember I played some maps of this project time ago. Congrats for the release, it just make my WAD playlist longer ! 

Vile is back playing more of the wad.

He's usually pretty good at spotting issues, so it's worth watching now or in VOD.

I will post here some things found on stream as they come up.

MAP10: Sector 265 can be easily flown over and secret not tagged. It doesn't really need to be a secret, or the entire balcony could be secret instead.

MAP12: Rock formation with tag 16 fails to lower entirely. It appears barrels around Romero's head are the cause, probably due to being partially stuck in a wall. Doom is weird about collision and moving platforms.

MAP15: Monsters have hard time getting out of fiery holes?

There's a lot of items that hang from the ledges on both maps made by DFF. Too many to list individual examples here. Might not be a big deal, but probably better move them.

Edited by ViolentBeetle

2 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Vile is back playing more of the wad.

He's usually pretty good at spotting issues, so it's worth watching now or in VOD.

I will post here some things found on stream as they come up.

MAP10: Sector 265 can be easily flown over and secret not tagged. It doesn't really need to be a secret, or the entire balcony could be secret instead.

MAP12: Rock formation with tag 16 fails to lower entirely. It appears barrels around Romero's head are the cause, probably due to being partially stuck in a wall. Doom is weird about collision and moving platforms.

MAP15: Monsters have hard time getting out of fiery holes?

There's a lot of items that hang from the ledges on both maps made by DFF. Too many to list individual examples here. Might not be a big deal, but probably better move them.

Watched the streams, also noticed a floor lower effect in map17 didn't work correctly so if i can make changes i wouldn't mind fixing that and all the weird floating items. Swear i didn't encounter that many in testing but i haven't tested a bunch of different engines

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

favoriting this thread. :) Congrats this project looks really cool.

5 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I've been adding this project into people's pages on Doomwiki and I noticed an oddity.

@Greenjay is listed as a composer here, but doesn't see to be in the readme. Name change?

was syndoom i think?

Meant to comment here but I had a lot of fun with this set, so great work to everyone!

Spoiler

Concerning the last 10 maps (for ViolentBeetle since that stream was late), I think the main issue was more floating items - in particular, a soulsphere on map25 was out of reach because of this, resting far above the secret sector it was meant for.  On map29, there were also some monsters stuck in pens outside the map with no clear path for them to reach the playable area.