Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RED77

[Community Project] 666CRETS - A CP about secrets (PRIVATE ALPHA 0.2 )

6 hours ago, RED77 said:

When you have a sector that has a complicated design some ports of doom have problems drawing around them, which causes the bleeding, but usually can be solved if you contain that sector onto another one.

like this helps me much...so you're saying just... build the sector on a new sector?

because that will make this THAT much more annoying because at the moment I can say pretty much all the others are fixed.

Update: I don't know what I did... but I think I fixed it (or atleast made it almost gone)

as far as I know everything is the same...as for monsters being stuck...idk which ones specifically but besides a few imps in the guitars/the gun in the black and white area and also just them being stuck in eachother... I think its mostly fine, I might up the difficulty a slight bit, but otherwise I think the map is completely fixed...I'm just gonna be honest...this map was hell.

Edited by Rabbid

12 minutes ago, Rabbid said:

like this helps me much...so you're saying just... build the sector on a new sector?

You know @Rabbid. I don't know if you realize how aggressive you sound from an outside perspective.
I'm trying to help, but if you gonna make a huge deal of any feedback, I don't know how to feel about that.
I'm not up for the drama, so let's try one more time.

here's an example to illustrate what I'm saying.
example.png.7a6cb86138c57f6d850861f933f9f5c3.png

When you have a complex sector like the image on the left, usually it can be solved by trimming the folding of the container sector, like the image from the right.

Hope this helps.

I'm not trying to sound aggressive, even then I just C+P'd the sector which fixed it, but if I need to fix it again I will.

the only reason I sound aggressive is because I'm annoyed this is my third time I have to edit this dang map.

plus I will be honest, maybe there is things I'm not noticing in the background causing these issues, if thats the issue then its not my fault and idk how to fix it.

ok, I've tried drawing a box around it, I've rebuilt the sector I've done legit everything...its not working.

idk I'll just try this one last thing, if thats not it I'm posting the map anyways as there is no fixing a pretty much insignificant bug

pretty much when I put the box on the sector I think that caused the issue as before I did that it wasn't there.

ok, I don't see any issues anymore...if YOU (because I personally don't) do please tell me, but at this point I'm pretty sure this map is done and I can finally rest...hopefully...not even gonna bother changing its folder name
New folder (3).zip

🔸 Map Name: Secrets in my techbase like grains of sand

🔸 Author: Angry Saint

🔸 Music: Maracaibo by Lu Colombo

🔸 Ports Tested: DSDA-Doom, Zdoom

🔸 Difficulty Settings: Yes

🔹 Description: secrets, fake secrets, detours, fake detours, distractions, fake distractions - have fun.

🔹 Notes: textures not included so please play it with resources wad

LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/retj3nlxv3qgka9/simtlgos_v02.wad/file

16 hours ago, Rabbid said:

ok, I don't see any issues anymore...if YOU (because I personally don't) do please tell me, but at this point I'm pretty sure this map is done and I can finally rest...hopefully...not even gonna bother changing its folder name
New folder (3).zip

3 hours ago, Angry Saint said:

🔸 Map Name: Secrets in my techbase like grains of sand

🔸 Author: Angry Saint

🔸 Music: Maracaibo by Lu Colombo

🔸 Ports Tested: DSDA-Doom, Zdoom

🔸 Difficulty Settings: Yes

🔹 Description: secrets, fake secrets, detours, fake detours, distractions, fake distractions - have fun.

🔹 Notes: textures not included so please play it with resources wad

LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/retj3nlxv3qgka9/simtlgos_v02.wad/file

Hey @Angry Saint, @Rabbid.
I'll keep these as the final versions.
thanks for your hard work

5 hours ago, Angry Saint said:

Music: Maracaibo by Lu Colombo

There's no way that exists a song with that name...

Maracuchos are now on Doom :O

2 hours ago, Herr Dethnout said:

There's no way that exists a song with that name...

Maracuchos are now on Doom :O

Update to Beneath Concrete Skies, previous version here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2664210
https://mega.nz/file/Wo9gWKxA#KiM2PqEE_jleJ1KBYgeBJna3wXDz0uQ9BG7JQojaMto

The penultimate room and puzzle is done at last! The 6th secret also has its own entire room and puzzle now, instead of just being a sector you had to walk through to climb onto the exit.

Have finished initially setting tags + control sectors for the re-created 6th secret 10 mins ago, so I'm dropping this here to say the map is essentially fully complete, but I need to test the 6th secret, and probably tweak enemy and weapon balancing for newly added monsters.

5th secret / punultimate room:
6QqX8iO.png

Proper room+puzzle for 6th secret:
ly5e4eh.png

Update to my map: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TD9B3oOomH0BMLzyIZBJ3RopPejM0xjW/view?usp=drive_link

Kind of a rushed update because my desktop PC SSD died a bit ago and I'm using a backup laptop to finish this thing. I haven't been able to fully test the map on all skill levels.

Changelog:

• Implemented Hard skill. It adds a cyberdemon and some water sections become nukage in this version. Added some liquid areas on east sectors. I planned to convert all water sectors but I wasn't able to figure out how to do it for one of the main puzzles without some texture weirdness.
  • Improved detailing in some areas, especially towards the east section.
  • Fixed reported issues.
  • Added sky using UMAPINFO. Texture by Kuro_mahoh

Are we gonna support prboom+? To check if I implement the custom sky using sky transfers.

Finally ensured the puzzles for the last 2 secrets work properly, and fixed other stuff along the way. Might need to further adjust monster difficulty, but everything is fully done!

https://mega.nz/file/L4UXVQ5Q#nllXDcbaLewH0ff1acqBy9iivSEayBx7cYJMGAs__qM

Included the resources in the wad, with my own custom sky merged in already, just so playtesters don't have to fumble around and do this themselves or wait for a compilation / RC, so don't forget to keep the sky tex and remove everything else except for the map and music, when it comes time to compile.

Well, here comes the final version!

🔸 Map Name: Cringe Mansionem Benedictus

🔸 Author: Jakub Majewski

🔸 Music: E2m9 of Cringe.wad by Mark Klem

🔸 Ports Tested: Prboom+ UM -Complevel 9

🔸 Difficulty Settings: Implemented.

🔹 Description: A cozy mansion that's filled with mysteries. There is an art gallery inside, making the PWAD live up to its name...

🔹 Notes: One new texture is included. List of pictures used to make it is available below.

MAPJM.7z

List of pictures used:

Edited by Jakub Majewski : added sources for pictures

Let me say this, I think I'm glad I got my map done when I did... simply put yesterday I went to the beach, ended up returning home feeling terrible which would really be hard to map with...plus today I don't feel as great, so pretty much I am lucky that version was enough...

22 hours ago, Worm318 said:

Update to my map: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TD9B3oOomH0BMLzyIZBJ3RopPejM0xjW/view?usp=drive_link

Kind of a rushed update because my desktop PC SSD died a bit ago and I'm using a backup laptop to finish this thing. I haven't been able to fully test the map on all skill levels.

Changelog:

• Implemented Hard skill. It adds a cyberdemon and some water sections become nukage in this version. Added some liquid areas on east sectors. I planned to convert all water sectors but I wasn't able to figure out how to do it for one of the main puzzles without some texture weirdness.
  • Fixed reported issues.

Are we gonna support prboom+? To check if I implement the custom sky using sky transfers.

17 hours ago, knifeworld said:

Finally ensured the puzzles for the last 2 secrets work properly, and fixed other stuff along the way. Might need to further adjust monster difficulty, but everything is fully done!

Included the resources in the wad, with my own custom sky merged in already, just so playtesters don't have to fumble around and do this themselves or wait for a compilation / RC, so don't forget to keep the sky tex and remove everything else except for the map and music, when it comes time to compile.

16 hours ago, Jakub Majewski said:

🔹 Description: A cozy mansion that's filled with mysteries. There is an art gallery inside, making the PWAD live up to its name...

🔹 Notes: One new texture is included. List of pictures used to make it is available below.

MAPJM.7z

List of pictures used:

Reveal hidden contents

4 hours ago, Azafran said:

Final version of my map666SECRETS.zip

I was working on my own midi for the map, but I ran out of time. So: I am Jazz by James Paddock.

Hey guys, thank you so much for your effort. I'll check these ASAP. 

22 hours ago, Worm318 said:

Changelog:

• Fixed reported issues.

Let's start with @Worm318.
Not much to say. Amazing level. I love the new additions.
I only found one bug to report: the west waterfall/lift on the red skull key puzzle breaks a little once you reach the top of all skills 
I'll keep this version as the final one till I wait for the fix, is that ok?

about the prboom+ is not considered for the project. But we are using UMAPINFO for the sky, so, I don't know if the sky transfer will mess with it.

18 hours ago, knifeworld said:

@knifeworld. For some reason I was like an hour testing the wrong version, I feel so dumb. Lol
I've tested this final version on the easy skill and I did not find any bugs, plus I love the new stuff.
there are some items that should not be on the easy skill, but I'll turn off those when compiling.
I'll test the monster's skills tomorrow. I'm a little burned out today.
Great work

1 hour ago, RED77 said:

I only found one bug to report: the west waterfall/lift on the red skull key puzzle breaks a little once you reach the top of all skills 
 I'll keep this version as the final one till I wait for the fix, is that ok?

It's sunday so I worked an update to mitigate the issues: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TD9B3oOomH0BMLzyIZBJ3RopPejM0xjW/view?usp=drive_link

Changelog:

• Changes geometry in red key waterfalls to mitigate some platform issues. I don't know if the "side waterfalls" when the lift is down will look weird but it is the compromise I can make so it doesn't feel mechanically broken when the player hugs the wall. I also managed to fix the lift sounds I think. Please note that it can still purposelly broken because of the multiline nature of the switches down there, but I cant do anything about that tho
  • Fixes some one-sided lines marked as double-sided.
  • Other very small irrelevant changes.

1 hour ago, RED77 said:

about the prboom+ is not considered for the project. But we are using UMAPINFO for the sky, so, I don't know if the sky transfer will mess with it.

Okey, I was asking just in case. I don't want to mess with sky transfers anyways :P

On 7/16/2023 at 1:12 AM, knifeworld said:

Ok, @knifeworld. I've played the monster's skills. no notes here.
Just one question, I have on my notes that the map name is "Beneath Concrete Skies" but as a placeholder. do you want to keep that or use another one?

On 7/16/2023 at 2:42 AM, Jakub Majewski said:

MAPJM.7z

List of pictures used:

Hide contents

@Jakub Majewski Ok, I have no technical issues to address. (this map is weird but fun, some things are pretty obscure for sure)

But I have a note about the monsters, medium and hard are just 1 baron apart. are you sure you wanna keep it like this? it feels like a missed opportunity.
Let me know, I'll keep this as the final otherwise.

22 hours ago, Azafran said:

Final version of my map666SECRETS.zip

I was working on my own midi for the map, but I ran out of time. So: I am Jazz by James Paddock.

Hey @Azafran, No notes here. Great work.
About the music: My plan is to have a closed alfa for all the mappers in early September. Do you think you can have the music done before that?
If it so, then I can add it to the map. Let me know

16 hours ago, Worm318 said:

It's sunday so I worked an update to mitigate the issues: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TD9B3oOomH0BMLzyIZBJ3RopPejM0xjW/view?usp=drive_link

Changelog:

• Changes geometry in red key waterfalls to mitigate some platform issues. I don't know if the "side waterfalls" when the lift is down will look weird but it is the compromise I can make so it doesn't feel mechanically broken when the player hugs the wall. I also managed to fix the lift sounds I think. Please note that it can still purposelly broken because of the multiline nature of the switches down there, but I cant do anything about that tho
  • Fixes some one-sided lines marked as double-sided.
  • Other very small irrelevant changes.

Okey, I was asking just in case. I don't want to mess with sky transfers anyways :P

that works for me. I'll keep this version as the final one, Thank you so much

5 hours ago, RED77 said:

@Jakub Majewski Ok, I have no technical issues to address. (this map is weird but fun, some things are pretty obscure for sure)

But I have a note about the monsters, medium and hard are just 1 baron apart. are you sure you wanna keep it like this? it feels like a missed opportunity.
Let me know, I'll keep this as the final otherwise.

The combat is kind of an afterthought, so I am not sure how would I address the difficulty differences. 

If I am allowed to make another revision though, I would probably make the 1st puzzle somewhat less cryptic, and then fix some texturing problems and place some soundblocking linedefs here and there.