Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorcav

[CP] [DSDA CL2] Super Doom TV - [RC1]

1 hour ago, Lorcav said:

OK, this does definitely work. I think I prefer the first two, there's something about having the side parts in that makes the gore pile look less cohesive. 

gJQ8bbF.png

T3gDOq0.png

c4nWp2U.png

JB9Okvr.png

I like the 3rd one, honestly.

3 hours ago, RiviTheWarlock said:

I'd like to claim Map03 - Turtles Nearby

Cool, done!

10 hours ago, digithead100 said:

Could I have map 11?

Yeah, absolutely!

Have any there be any thoughts around custom textures? I feel like some billboards or TV screens would really fit the aesthetic well.

1 hour ago, RiviTheWarlock said:

Have any there be any thoughts around custom textures? I feel like some billboards or TV screens would really fit the aesthetic well.

Generally, it's Otex and standard textures. But if you want to add a few custom textures to your map I can incorporate them, just send them separately to me in a zip and prefix all the names with RW_ so they're called, for example, RW_GREENTEX.png

39 minutes ago, RiviTheWarlock said:

Map Name: Turtles Nearby
Map Number: 03
Mapper: Rivi the Warlock
Prompt: Turtles Nearby
Music: MK64 Rainbow Road

Turtles Nearby.rar

Was interested to see how anyone would handle this prompt and I think you've done a great job. Hot start, short snappy set pieces, and a great look as well. 

I also never really realised how tropical Rainbow Road sounds, but it's a great fit for the look and feel of this map. 

Spoiler

Spotted a couple of misaligned textures that seem unintentional.

Posts around the archvile:

xfcvQX8.png

Columns at the exit:

11WmM0I.png

Hey Lorcov, can I have map 25 for about a week? I've got a concept idea that might be very cool but also might be awful. I want to try it out and get back to you.

28 minutes ago, Anarkzie said:

Hey Lorcov, can I have map 25 for about a week? I've got a concept idea that might be very cool but also might be awful. I want to try it out and get back to you.

It's yours, hope it works out!

25 minutes ago, RataUnderground said:

Can I take map "08 Extra Sauce Action  "? : )

Cool, it's yours

I think my map might be the longest map that I have ever made so far. I want to say that I'm 70% done, but I think that it's more 50% - 60%.

25 minutes ago, Ar_e_en said:

I think my map might be the longest map that I have ever made so far. I want to say that I'm 70% done, but I think that it's more 50% - 60%.

There's still plenty of time until the deadline, and probably some overtime as I compile and test the alpha version etc. 

Map Name: Keep Away
Map Number: 10
Mapper: Lorcav
Prompt: Defend Me
Music: Burnout 2 Track 15

I've been through several iterations of the monster waves here and have sort of lost track of the difficulty because I've played it so much.

Any feedback on that, or any aspect of the map, greatly appreciated.

6wAjN7K.png

BT80PC0.png

5 hours ago, Lorcav said:

Map Name: Keep Away
Map Number: 10
Mapper: Lorcav
Prompt: Defend Me
Music: Burnout 2 Track 15

I've been through several iterations of the monster waves here and have sort of lost track of the difficulty because I've played it so much.

Any feedback on that, or any aspect of the map, greatly appreciated.

6wAjN7K.png

BT80PC0.png

Idk if its the old mouse Im using, cuz its sucky and hard to use(getting a new one soon) but I kept auto aiming the voodoo doll your supposed to protect and it was frustrating.  I havnt figured out a good strategy for the map yet, difficulty is a little high IMO.  If auto aim wasnt an issue I would keep at it but at the moment Ill put it down for now lol.  Also wish there was a super shotgun ha, but then I guess it would be harder to camp the middle.

Finally got Map17 (mostly) done. Had to add some additional textures to sell the scene, and therefore I had to make a copy of the OTEX wad with the added textures. Can't directly send the .zip file because it's way too big for Doomworld to handle, so I'll just put in a dropbox link for it. If you decide to play this now, I'd like to remind you to load the map with the included resource wad so that no weird stuff happens. Let me know what you thought of the map and if you think there's anything I need to change.

Map Name:        "Grave Squatter"
Map Author:      Emperor S P O O N
Complevel:       2 (Limit Removing)
Custom Sky:      "OSKY33" from OTEX1.1.wad
Custom Midi:     "Call of the Phrygian" by Emperor S P O O N
Additional Resources:
    OTEX_1.1.wad by Ukiro
    Refer to ES_CustomTex_README.txt for other resources

Tested Source Ports:
    GZDoom         version 4.10.0
    DSDA-Doom      version 0.26.5
    PrBoom+        version 2.6.2
    Crispy Doom    version 5.12.0

Description:
    2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Known Bugs
    - As of writing this, PrBoom+ still has trouble rendering the sky transfer.
    I'll say that it's either a PrBoom+ problem or a problem with the way I
    have my compatibility set up.

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3k5z0wumc1rx8x1/AADiN9QWnKXLRuGNI6EsSioTa?dl=0

For @Lorcav, here's a complete .zip file of all the additional textures I used for the map.
ES_CustomTex.zip

Edited by Emperor S P O O N

9 hours ago, Emperor S P O O N said:

For @Lorcav, here's a complete .zip file of all the additional textures I used for the map.
ES_CustomTex.zip

Awesome, I'll check this out over the weekend

Been focusing on getting my submissions ready for a few other CPs with stricter deadlines, but rest assured I'm still on board. I'll get to work as soon as I can.

I'm here! I have the general layout of my map, Still a lot of work ahead. But I'll deliver

6 hours ago, Lorcav said:

I know some were only recently claimed but as today marks 42 days until the submission deadline, the gentlest of nudges to the remaining mappers:

@jazzmaster9 @RED77 @RataUnderground @nue @digithead100 @reaction @Ar_e_en @MFG38 @EagerBeaver @reverie @YeOldeFellerNoob @Anarkzie @Endless @roadworx

Hello, Im here. been busy with work but now have the time to start mapping. expect some WIPs within the next few days

On 5/19/2023 at 11:24 PM, Emperor S P O O N said:

Finally got Map17 (mostly) done. Had to add some additional textures to sell the scene, and therefore I had to make a copy of the OTEX wad with the added textures. Can't directly send the .zip file because it's way too big for Doomworld to handle, so I'll just put in a dropbox link for it. If you decide to play this now, I'd like to remind you to load the map with the included resource wad so that no weird stuff happens. Let me know what you thought of the map and if you think there's anything I need to change.

This is a fun map to play, it takes the prompt and not only works it in nicely, but also features as part of your strategy for tackling the map. Get all the keys and enter the final fight fully stocked, or take them one-by-one as you work through the branches. The dead dark spaces in the "basement" are really nicely executed and add to the atmosphere a lot. I found ammo tight on most of my playthroughs, but not in an impossible frustrating punch everything way. There are a lot of revenants.

My only particular problem is that it's not really got anything sci-fi-ish in the looks as suggested in the OP. But I think I can remedy that by moving it to the Map 31 slot. I have some story text worked out for the secret levels and I think this map will be good with that, so in that respect, I'm happy to keep the look of the map as is. 

Spoiler

I'm no expert on these things, but I think your map has an intercepts overflow issue...

This happened multiple times when I was playing through in the room with the lowering water and obelisks. Here's a clip of the most consistent way of triggering it that I found. 

In other playthroughs I had this happen while still in the room, I couldn't quite work out what the trigger was, but monsters became unkillable and pickups unpickupable. 

Can you see if you get the same issue?

Still working on it! Certain Vanilla / Node Builder bugs are slowing me down, but the map is nearing completion!

This is a fun map to play, it takes the prompt and not only works it in nicely, but also features as part of your strategy for tackling the map. Get all the keys and enter the final fight fully stocked, or take them one-by-one as you work through the branches. The dead dark spaces in the "basement" are really nicely executed and add to the atmosphere a lot. I found ammo tight on most of my playthroughs, but not in an impossible frustrating punch everything way. There are a lot of revenants.

My only particular problem is that it's not really got anything sci-fi-ish in the looks as suggested in the OP. But I think I can remedy that by moving it to the Map 31 slot. I have some story text worked out for the secret levels and I think this map will be good with that, so in that respect, I'm happy to keep the look of the map as is. 

Hide contents

I'm no expert on these things, but I think your map has an intercepts overflow issue...

This happened multiple times when I was playing through in the room with the lowering water and obelisks. Here's a clip of the most consistent way of triggering it that I found. 

In other playthroughs I had this happen while still in the room, I couldn't quite work out what the trigger was, but monsters became unkillable and pickups unpickupable. 

Can you see if you get the same issue?

That's alright, I suppose. I thought adding a different theme to the set would make things much more interesting rather than techbase after techbase after techbase. But I understand if you have a different vision.

Spoiler

Limit removing should not have intercept overflows. That's kind of the point of the complevel. In your general settings, go to emulation and set everything to off. Then try playing the map again.

On 5/21/2023 at 4:07 AM, Lorcav said:

I can remedy that by moving it to the Map 31 slot

Wait, I just realized, you can't put it in the 31st slot. There's no secret exit. If it's gonna be a secret level, make it Map32. That way I don't have to make too drastic of an update to the map.

37 minutes ago, Emperor S P O O N said:

Wait, I just realized, you can't put it in the 31st slot. There's no secret exit. If it's gonna be a secret level, make it Map32. That way I don't have to make too drastic of an update to the map.

No worries, as per the OP the intention is to go 31-32 then back to 16 so no changes needed for this to be in the 31 slot. 

The only thing I'll need to do, which I would probably have to do anyway with a 31, is do something to keep your music in your level, without it popping up for the end cast screen/sequence.

The only thing I'll need to do, which I would probably have to do anyway with a 31, is do something to keep your music in your level, without it popping up for the end cast screen/sequence.

Well, if you're not worried about it not running in Crispy Doom, you could have it defined in a UMAPINFO lump in the compiled wad file. That way, we won't have to worry about midi tracks playing when they're not supposed to.