Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DrPyspy

Doom 64: Unseen Evil v1.0.3 [10/14/2024] - Prepare yourself for evils unseen!

Great mod, 10/10 and is absolutely fucking beautiful with demake shaders on.

however there's a bug when texture filtering is on, where the skybox featured in the first map of doom 2 and anyother map that uses that sky has a black line that stretches around the rim of the skybox. It is only visible with texture filtering on. it happens on any texture filter mode btw

Texture filtering just makes it look a bit more like doom 64 imo so if you can fix it that would be lovely <3

Just now, Wolfenfan said:

Why not add compatibility with Doom 64 in Doom 2?

Not in original executables, at least. Also, Doom 64 released years later after Doom 2 and Quake are being released like 1 year prior to Doom 64 release so they probably already lost interest in id tech 1.

17 minutes ago, Rykzeon said:

Not in original executables, at least. Also, Doom 64 released years later after Doom 2 and Quake are being released like 1 year prior to Doom 64 release so they probably already lost interest in id tech 1.

I think Wolfenfan was talking about the Doom 64 for Doom II mod. I don't see how your reply applies to a GZDoom mod anyway?

10 hours ago, DrPyspy said:

I figured these would be a fun direction to take since there's already some D64-style WolfSS and Keen sprites out there, but I understand if they seem a bit odd.

like i said i get the joke but i dont think it works particularly well as a mere reskin of the wolfenstein levels

Spoiler

since you replaced the icon of sin map maybe you could do the same with the wolfenstein levels by replacing them with melee-only maps where you fight each mk ninja variant one on one in mk-style arena and have each of them use voice clips from the mk trilogy like get over here! and such

if not then at least please make them drop ammo like the vanilla wolfensteinss

Loving it already, but I've already noticed a graphical bug?

Looks like it should be a dead marine graphic.

Not sure what's causing it - I just downloaded the latest version of GZDoom yesterday.

image.png.881cb63dcfbba35cd0205e92679106c5.pngimage.png.63870bc4c89f96dd7ed8359e6c8cd978.png

1 minute ago, Trashbag said:

Not sure what's causing it - I just downloaded the latest version of GZDoom yesterday.

That's a problem with the OpenGLES renderer. In OpenGL or Vulkan it should work fine.

56 minutes ago, Gez said:

I think Wolfenfan was talking about the Doom 64 for Doom II mod. I don't see how your reply applies to a GZDoom mod anyway?

1 hour ago, Wolfenfan said:

Indeed that was what I was referring too

Oh my bad then. I read the reply into something like "id Software should've make Doom II original executable to be compatible with Doom 64 levels too" or "Source port makers should've make their source port to be compatible with Doom 64 as well, along with Doom 2". I don't know he referring to a mod that recreates Doom 64 with Doom 2 assets.

25 minutes ago, TMMMS said:
  Hide contents

since you replaced the icon of sin map maybe you could do the same with the wolfenstein levels by replacing them with melee-only maps where you fight each mk ninja variant one on one in mk-style arena and have each of them use voice clips from the mk trilogy like get over here! and such

Spoiler

They do use voice clips from UMK3 and MK4 specifically. Sounds like you have something else loading alongside D64UE that is changing the voice clips back to the Wolfenstein SS's sounds.

Played a little bit of the mod and I absolutely love it!

Few goofy nitpicks; I wish there was a toggle for simply playing the original midi instead of the ambience. Don't get it twisted, I love 64's ambience, but I prefer the midis any day of the week. It also would be nice to have the original 64 sprite animations available. I love the new animations, but the original animations feel more punchier, at least to me.

Overall, despite these nitpicks, I genuinely love this mod. I also love what you did with the Icon of Sin and the secret levels. Though, and I might be showing bias here, I am sad that Noob Saibot isn't here. Oh well, at least we have an awesome mod made by a legendary DOOM member.

This legitly feels like "what if id released Doom + Doom II with Doom 64 gameplay on N64", I absolutely love it.

However, when playing this with non Doom/Doom 2 map such as TNT and Plutonia, there's no background music at all.

Could you possibly add an option to at least play random music track when playing non Doom/Doom 2 map?

2 hours ago, Cardboard Marty said:
  Hide contents

They do use voice clips from UMK3 and MK4 specifically. Sounds like you have something else loading alongside D64UE that is changing the voice clips back to the Wolfenstein SS's sounds.

no i guees i just misheard, i opened the pk3 file and listened to the sound files individually and its the same that i heard

in my defense its difficult to make out what theyre saying when there dozens of them screaming all at once and also one of the screams do sound like alarm!

Apparently the fast blazing door sound effect still uses the PC version one (tested it on Ichinichi MAP01). Also, is it intentional that health and armor bonuses still give one point instead of two a la D64?

Oh, and for whatever reason,

Spoiler

Sub-Zero's sprites don't show proper freeze effect. Once he freezes, it's still the same old him, only not moving, and once he shatters to pieces, he's simply gone.

Edited by taufan99

Very nice, there is one small problem with Abscission that use icon of sin exits, due to the new behavior and it..not exploding, it doesn't kill you, which is used to force pistol starts between each "episode" and instead of the given intermission text screen , it shows the usual end screen text, then sends you to the next map

this mod is really sick, but i have a question. the terraformer seems like black magic, inserting colored lighting into levels in a way that fits, so how does it work?

edit: also, i like to play with infinitely tall actors on, but that also causes some decorations that you need to walk under to also be infinitely tall. is there a fix for this?

Edited by The Dommo

6 hours ago, Gez said:

That's a problem with the OpenGLES renderer. In OpenGL or Vulkan it should work fine.

ahhhh, I figured it was something like that. I'll be sure to swap over.

v1.0.2 has been released! More bugs and oversights have been fixed up and banished to some unholy dimension. Download it here. (also peep the changelog here)

cool! you went my suggestion to make the wolfss replacement drop ammo again! thank you very much!

IM SO GLAD THIS IS FINALLY OUT CONGRATS ON THE RELEASE!!! doom64 is probably the game with the most sauce ive ever played in my life... all of the original sprites and animations are so damn impressive as usual, cant wait to play it for forever now >:)

I found a bug. Using a custom hud (Devred's Action Hud) crashes to the main menu when you activate an object/door you don't have a key for.

Of the mods that dropped open yesterday, this was definitely the best of them! It took me a bit by surprise though since it requires OpenGL API and Hardware Accelerated in GZD 4.12 in order to render everything properly as intended, That actually blew my mind quite a bit since I have played many other D64 transformer mods, and this one by far needed the most hardware resources to run as intended, I'm not saying that is a bad thing, but it was still quite the shocker. Its a really good mod, especially with its data size being very generous.

I\m going to have to toy with a personalized version to see if I can get to work for GLES and pass along the experimentation if I get something workable. Really cool stuff for sure!

Just tested the Terraformer function and boooy, it works like a charm, I'm impressed by the overall atmosphere it is achieved in maps that you know very well. I second the opinion that it maybe needs a few more customizing for players that want a more vanilla-esque D64 experience, and probably allowing to select the original music from PWADs (btw, while playing Sigil, the music from the PWAD kind of wanted to play when you restart a level, it is almost unnoticeable but maybe there's a bug).

Overall it's virtually flawless, congratulations for this achievement! Also, heads up for bringing to life the chaingunner for D64, I hope the community embraces him for future projects. 

Spoiler

736876810_Capturadepantalla2024-10-11ala(s)23_37_13.png.8c8974c144649edad02be687d64eef09.png548496709_Capturadepantalla2024-10-11ala(s)22_11_20.png.a5357e8808f5483b8c598512f9bcc33c.png261401247_Capturadepantalla2024-10-11ala(s)21_21_40.png.d85f79a220ea10802073e14a9f8dcedd.png1861122829_Capturadepantalla2024-10-11ala(s)21_02_17.png.0821f05197c01fcbdb6d8abf06c7c2fd.png443829470_Capturadepantalla2024-10-11ala(s)21_02_05.png.2a3986e98aecf0942ad7ec09f1123b8a.png1726764216_Capturadepantalla2024-10-11ala(s)21_01_36.png.877db0f74eb51d08d6422dfc4adcce6a.png

This is awesome! I just flipped through some maps in Going Down and was impressed with how well this mod converted them. One request: Could there be an option to not replace the music, i.e. use the level's original music?

I noticed that the revenant spawns its missiles really high, like right at the top of the player's head. When they're not homing, you can simply let them pass over your head, walking toward them just a bit so they don't clip the back of your hitbox. They also have a tendency to sail right through other revenants (at least visually) instead of colliding as one would expect. I guess the spawn height is to align with the revenant's missile launchers, but I feel that it should at least aim down more towards the player's center rather than at the player's head as it seems to be doing right now.

On the other hand, the cyberdemon's rockets appear very low (I think this wasn't changed from the original?), appearing to come from the air between its legs. This is in stark contrast to the actual Doom 64 cyberdemons, which have the rockets offset and fired at a downward angle (assuming level ground), making splash damage more of a threat.

Seriously one of the coolest mods for Doom that has been released in my book. I can't believe how seamlessly the Terraformer captures the exact feeling of Doom 64 and integrates it into the stock maps. It's so authentic. Congrats on this. This is a huge W in my book.

22 hours ago, Wolfenfan said:

Why not add compatibility with Doom 64 in Doom 2?

If you're referring to Doom 64 for Doom 2, it should be mostly compatible in any map that uses the stock Doom 2 assets, which iirc, is almost all of them.

Holy shit. blown away by this.

this is something I've longed to see since i first played doom64 back in '97...

its like doom2 (or whatever iwad) is a new/alternate ported episode for doom64. its just flawless. excellent work man. 

it all feels so natural and the "terraformer" is just excellently made. hat off to you... really...

but you know me, had to tinker a bit:

Screenshot-Doom-20241012-102201.png

made a d64 specific variant of an old bolognaise file I had to hand. (not the latest, so meh. but its good enough for what i wanted)

all new doom64 specific gibs to feel juicy and delicious for all the splatter-fiends out there who need the gore...

also includes a doom64 specific crosshair. because why not.

get it here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hwu7f1atlljoaes/osjc_d64_bolo.zip/file

just add to the load order...

also, while I'm here, as much as I loved the winchester anim for the shotty, the ssg is choppy as anything.

is anyone working on a smooth version, or a port of the perkrisian doom64 smooth ssg (and smooth chaingun wouldnt hurt for that matter)?

I mean, as a third party add-on, of course...  Not at all suggesting they overwrite the weapons in the mod itself. Just smooth options are all the jam these days...;)

Edited by osjclatchford