Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

Chrome, 3rd from the Sun, Firebomb.
4888_18984.jpg

New wave of noisy space rock.

Edited by ducon

“For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet, Cybertron. But now, you shall witness... its DISMEMBERMENT!“

MAKT sono, Dedans dehors, Dedans dehors 1.

eg0_257a.jpg?w=397&h=396

Improvisations with a voice, maybe a guitar and other noises.

Placebo_Button, Synthetic_Baroque, Was war.

eg0_258a.png?w=200

Text→image AI→image→image to sound Python script→various tuning→voilà: ambient music.

Edited by ducon

Opiol compilation, Cassette compagnon, Classic Dracula V, Sédition intercostale.

a3053047753_2.jpg

Various experimental, metal, rock, jazz, electro, noise, dark ambient, folk… tracks from various artists.

Edited by ducon

Le moignon compilation, La rondelle n°2, Crise de nerf, Sortez de ma chambre.

a2649822546_2.jpg

Various artists from the same label (Degelite).

BHO, k7², Saturnian radiation.
a3666897668_2.jpg
Experimental.

Edited by ducon

I've been recently revisiting Metallica's 2008 album Death Magnetic, the tightly-polished and well-written album that succeeds on many levels, but was ultimately a misguided attempt to recapture the past recapitulate to the fans incensed by St. Anger, rather than unapologetically looking forward to some uncharted musical territory. But given that they've now done three "retro" style albums since then, I was willing to overlook that criticism going back to it. And I only listen to the Guitar Hero 3 Mix version, as the original was notorious for production issues with reduced dynamics. (This album could stand to seriously benefit from a proper remaster/re-release fixing those issues). Standout gems in this record are "The Day that Never Comes," "The Unforgiven III," and what I like to call the "grungy Rush song" aka "Suicide & Redemption." I love the use of wah pedal on "Judas Kiss," gives it an almost Quake II ost-like feel at times. It's a very good album from start to finish, and although it's 77 min long, which is nearly twice as long as other albums are, it earns its runtime. Heck, if you think it's long now, you ought to listen to the 4 gems they cut out but later released on the Beyond Magnetic EP. Some of those songs are even better than the ones on the main album!

https://open.spotify.com/album/0lf5ceMub7KQhLfGxCdM06

https://open.spotify.com/album/5WSYGRqZDvQphb2Ugig4jh