Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
P_A_Z

Which games are you waiting for ?

Tekken 8. I want to see how they implement Jun's return, and finally expalain her and Kazuya's "mysterious" encounter which spawned Jin!

That being said:

E:

I also want a closure on lore of Armor King, because him and King are one of the best Tekken characters imo.

I was waiting for Dusk HD, and now I am sated. Aside from that, I really don't have any games on my radar at this point. I'm at the point in my life where I really don't care about games that are years or decades off, and the franchises that I've always loved have changed to the point that I don't really like playing them anymore. There's plenty of indie games that I love, and that's pretty much all I've played over the last five years or more, but big games don't excite me like they used to; I guess I'm just burned out on them.

The only game that really comes to mind that I'm excited about is STALKER 2. I would love a new STALKER game. And no, I won't take the time to put all the periods in the name. Bad enough that I have to hold down the shift key while I'm typing the name.

On 12/25/2023 at 4:13 PM, Patrick_Plays_Doom said:

Crowbar... Man named gordon... Gabe newell.... Half-life    3

Oh wait.

Have you played Half-Life Alyx in VR or with the non VR Mod? At the end, the last cinematic predict a sequel with Gordon Freeman as the protagonist. We can guess that it will be in VR, or not.

The Suikoden remasters ad the Tomb Raider 1 to 3 remasters are all im looking forward to. Modern games generally dont hold my interest anymore, sameold sameold open world OR 'your second job is this game'  stuff mostly.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, P_A_Z said:

Half-Life Alyx

This is a screenshot i took during the last cinematic. Careful this is a spoiler but i think the HL adventures are not finished yet to our greatest delight:

Spoiler

hlvr-2023-05-24-04-41-58.png

We've got some little news about Black Mesa: Blue Shift.

HECU Collective are back to reassure us, the project is still alive and we've got a new little video on Xen:

Posted (edited)

Well, the next opus of Metro called Metro Awakening will be in VR. I'm disappointed because i don't have a virtual reality headset and i don't want to buy one. There will be probably a mod to play it in No VR mode like Half-Life Alyx. I wish.

metro-awakening-psvr2-1.large.jpg

A few days ago, our colleagues at PlayStation Blog were able to interview the developers of Metro Awakening, the future VR episode of the famous saga, announced last February. As a reminder, the studio in charge of the development is Vertigo Games, which notably directed Arizona Sunshine and Arizona Sunshine 2, and After The Fall. It's going to be said that they're starting to have a little experiment. In this interview, we learn two or three interesting things, such as the fact that they had access to all the assets of the previous games, allowing them to incorporate them directly into their game, or to be inspired by them in order to try to best fit the atmosphere of the original titles. The visuals, as well as the ad video, seem to be going in that direction and are really very promising. Perhaps the Half-Life: Alyx? On the gameplay side, on the other hand, we should have a greater focus on infiltration, with stubbling passages from time to time. But this will require searching all over the way to find ammunition, which should be rare overall. And the term "environmental narrative" is dropped, which makes us a little pleasure. Let's hope it's really well implemented.  The developers also report having made sure that a maximum of actions is transcribe as possible in a diastembling, checking the number of rounds of ammunition, installing the gas mask or cleaning it up.

If you want more details and see some additional screenshots, please visit the original article on PlayStation (in French). Metro Awakening is still scheduled for this year, on Meta helmets, PSVR 2 and Steam.

Source: NoFrag (french)

But: 4A Games is also working on a new Metro.

The announcement of Metro Awakening was accompanied by a press release in which Deep Silver recalled that 4A Games, to which the trilogy initiated in 2010 with Metro 2033, is developing the next main entry for the license.

In addition, the development of the next main component of the Metro series continues separately with 4A Games.

This is not surprising, as the Ukrainian studio had formalised the development of a new Metro on consoles and PCs in 2020. 4A Games promised a complete overhaul of the engine for the occasion to take advantage of the new power of consoles. This brand new game will enjoy a multiplayer mode created in partnership with Saber Interactive.

It's no secret that we've already started working on the next Metro game. Using everything we've learned over the last 15 years, we've set the bar even higher: the next title is designed for 9th generation consoles and PCs, with a complete overhaul of our engine and rendering engine to take advantage of the new power, storage and ray tracing supported by the hardware offered by the new consoles.

Last year, the developer said that the tone of the game will be impacted by the war in Ukraine. That same year, Insider Gaming revealed that the new Metro would be in-house playable in its entirety and that 4A Games would aim for an release for 2024.

With the complicated conditions under which the game is developed, there would be clearly nothing surprising that the title would come out at a later time.

Metro-1536x864.jpg

Edited by P_A_Z

Posted (edited)

Bad news for STALKER 2: Heart of Chornobyl. He's postponed to the 20 november 2024, and it's not very surprising. Anyway, we have a new little trailer:

The game looks beautiful, and the specs are not disproportionate compared as his beauty:

Recommended:

Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 11
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X / Intel Core i7-9700K
Random memory: 16 GB of memory

Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
Disk space: 150 GB of available disk space
Additional notes: SSD

Good patience.

Yes, this shooter will be great. He is very original. I read a review on NoFrag and i wish we can play in a minimalist style without HUD.

As a reminder, in this universe of cartoons of the '30s, you will play the private detective named Mouse, who will fight the underworld with the help of various firearms and spinach. The game is still planned for 2025, with no further details.

Posted (edited)

A video of 35 Minutes of gameplay (commented in ukrainian) of the next STALKER, i look forward to play it.

Can't think of anything other than the Duke Nukem I and II remasters that are on Evercade. I'm hoping they will come to PC too.

On 5/17/2023 at 6:55 AM, Votterbin said:

Immortals Of Aveum is the big one for me, I've been itching for a magic shooter and there's only so much Raven can do to satiate me. I unfortunately have to get it on console cuz my desktop CPU is well below the minimum required, which sucks.

Trepang2 is gonna be a blast, I played a the demo a couple years ago and loved it.

I'm also looking forward to ENA: Dream BBQ, I love the series on YouTube and I'm excited to see how it translates into a game.

I was never a big fan of Hypnospace Outlaw but I'm really excited for the spinoff Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath: Vengeance Of The Slayer. Another one of those retro shooters, I played the demo at Steam Next Fest around the same time as Trepang2 and of the two I think Slayers X was more fun. Can't wait for that to come out.

Aight so updates for these:

-Immortals Of Aveum's fine but if I have to hear that protagonist speak again I'm moving to Africa and living in the jungle. Magic system was fun tho with the 3 different spell types

-Trepang2 is indeed awesome. I've been chipping away at it on PS5 and I'm stuck on the final mission atm but I'm loving this. Only real problem is the main story's very short with only 5 main missions. I know there's a ton of side content but they don't really add much to the story. Apparently they're dropping a story DLC soon so maybe when I beat the base campaign I'll move on to that

-ENA: Dream BBQ is not out yet. There's been one new episode since this post in the form of Power Of Potluck but that's about it. Cool ep though

-Slayers X reminded me a bit of Build Engine games and I had a lot of fun with it. I still need to finish the whole thing but I enjoyed what I have played thus far. The story has some 2000s story cliches that just feel "right" for the kind of vibe the game's going for.

So how 'bout the future?

-Epic Mickey Rebrushed looks awesome. I loved this game as a kid but could never beat it cuz I got stuck at this one section. I will be proudly doing Votterkid a favor by [hopefully] getting past that part with the Japanese temple-looking thing between the rivers. idk, my memory of the game at that point is a bit spotty.

-Astro Bot looks fun. Very cute 3D platformer. Loved Astro's Playroom so I'm excited to see this is just more of that.

-Sonic X Shadow Generations I was initially interested in just because it was a modern way to play Gens, but hearing more details about Shadow's campaign has me really excited. It's a whole-ass Shadow game with a free remaster of Sonic Generations included, what's not to love about that??

-Doom: Dark Ages, obviously, I love Doom and I've been getting more into fantasy/medieval stuff recently so I'm even more excited for both the game itself and the setting

Shit I forgot about Light No Fire. This one's supposed to be pretty cool too, but I feel like I don't know enough about it to say for sure. Hopefully it's good cuz I like No Man's Sky quite a bit

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

This is absolutely beautiful. Another one on my wishlist.

1. Silksong

2. DUST's co-op update

Both were long-promised but radio silent.

I'm chill and not some terminally online whack-job, so both are "meh whenever" until they arrive, at which point I'll be psyched.

MOUSE now has a full title and a new trailer!

This shooter will be funny but the FOV is ridiculous.

Space Marine 2 (please dont fuck it up)

Stalker 2

GFL 2

Monster Hunter Wilds

the New Mario Party

Yes, Im going to get poor...

Posted (edited)

ANTONBLAST by Summitsphere, I had backed the Kickstarter back in 2022 because getting hands on with the old demo and the vision of a cartoonish 2000s style platformer with large destructible levels outlined on the project page really resonated with me. there's a demo avaiilable on Steam iand the Switch eShop if anyone is interested

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 is another big one, it interested me enough it made mw want to go back and play the earlier games

(Gamescom 2024) A little more gameplay for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl. Fighting against humans can be seen. Unfortunately, it goes by night so we don't see much.

Waiting for the expansion to Atari 50 that is coming in October. It will add over 40 new games and 2 new timelines.

If you're unfamiliar, Atari 50 is an interactive museum covering the whole history of Atari. The biggest draw is of course the games (there are 115 from the arcade, 2600, 5200, 7800, Lynx, Jaguar, 8-bit PCs, and some modern reimaginings) but there are also interviews and historical accounts from developers and executives, trailers and old ad reels, printed ads and posters, scans of boxes/manuals/arcade cabinets, schematics and design documents, etc.

In my opinion it is the single best video game compilation/anthology ever released, and they're going to make it even better.

The long term dream would be for the current Atari to buy out the old Atari Games/Midway/Williams/Bally library from WB Interactive.

Ultrakill because it's the only one out of this list that isn't out yet and my computer can run it and it's legit worth the hype.