Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raddicted

Strolling Away From A Dark And Dangerous Place [cl21]

Well I know what I'm doing after work today. Will give update in ~10 hours. 

Giving me 10x10 vibes

Ok nvm this wad wears its love of Italo Doom on its sleeve. Definitely like the aesthetics and the design of it, but it strikes me as a cramped and super difficult RNGfest just like its inspiration, and that's not my thing.

Edited by Gothic Box

Eclectic music choice. Any more info on the first track? The only thing that comes up when I search for it is this thread :p

Nice looking maps but too hard for me unless I assign quicksave to the right mouse button, and even then.

14 minutes ago, plums said:

Any more info on the first track? The only thing that comes up when I search for it is this thread :p

i found the track from Finely Crafted Fetish Film, due to it being the intermission midi.
you can find the original midi on robert inventor's website.

13 hours ago, raddicted said:

i found the track from Finely Crafted Fetish Film, due to it being the intermission midi.

Oh cool, thanks, I haven't gotten to that one yet.

Anyhow I made it through most of your maps with a lot of save-spamming, couldn't beat the first big fight in MAP06 without cheating, and MAP08's rocket-jump platforming into revenant clusterfuck is entirely beyond me. Some cool stuff here. Like Gothic Box said it's very Italo-Doom but most levels are even smaller and more prone to pacifist infighting if you don't care about speed, so I was able to have some fun even if the average skill level is above what I can usually handle or enjoy.

Is Map01 an Ao Oni reference?!?

Big scary monster, library, desk with book open on it, bookshelves in same position?

Either big coincidence or true Ao Oni.