Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brendondle

1x1 [MBF21] (Final Release)

I wonder if this was at all inspired by a community project I hosted some time ago... c;

psyched to check out the rest of the maps made for this. there's some awesome stuff in here. really happy to see it released!

what a garbage and pain in the ass wad...

all the wad can be summarized like this: poor programming and no texture variety with too many monsters and no actual combat design.
i wonder what group of builders came up with this torture for the player...

12/10, has a little something for everyone.

how the f did you guys manage to make something gorgeous with these restrictions lmao

screenshots look jaw dropping

There are a few maps that don't start with the unified start room. I feel a bit sad about those... the starting room is part of the personality of the whole project ngl.

I have a question about map 4. So the floor scrolls me forward and there's a shootable obstacle. But I can't squeeze through the gap. None of the walls are interactable. How do I get out? Using GZDoom 4.10.0.

Awesome, I saw a video of this on Kinetic's YouTube and have been looking forward to its release!

1 hour ago, Firedust said:

I have a question about map 4. So the floor scrolls me forward and there's a shootable obstacle. But I can't squeeze through the gap. None of the walls are interactable. How do I get out? Using GZDoom 4.10.0.

In dsda-doom you get squeezed through the gap and shot out at high speed, that doesn't seem to work in GZDoom.

11 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

Awesome, I saw a video of this on Kinetic's YouTube and have been looking forward to its release!

In dsda-doom you get squeezed through the gap and shot out at high speed, that doesn't seem to work in GZDoom.

Alright, devs probably need to update op then, because technically GZDoom is also mbf21 compatible to an extent xD

2 hours ago, Firedust said:

Alright, devs probably need to update op then, because technically GZDoom is also mbf21 compatible to an extent xD

GZDoom isn't really compatible with anything except itself.

3 hours ago, Firedust said:

I recommend playing this in the latest dsda-doom or woof, or really any port that has actual complevels, and not "compatibility options" that don't work right even on "strict" in some cases afaik.

RC2 is out! With this comes a newly added map: Map32 - The Womb Etched into Time by @Xulgonoth

Thanks to everyone who played the wad so far <3 <3 <3

RC2 (link removed as of 8/23/2023)

Edited by brendondle

These are great! I just wish I was remotely competent enough to manage most of these maps, but I'm really enjoying the themes and the combat design. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this.

15 minutes ago, ryiron said:

These are great! I just wish I was remotely competent enough to manage most of these maps, but I'm really enjoying the themes and the combat design. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this.

Try hmp or hntr. Brendon paid a lot of attention to testing difficulty settings.

15 hours ago, Firedust said:

If you are on MAP04 and got stuck at the start, you probably have to either use a compatiable port or just skip it. That gap is meant to boost you really really fast forward onto the platforms so I don't have to use scrollers, this works like a void glide except the other side isn't a void (if it was a void then it will take you into the void with its massive speed boost). GZDoom messes with Doom physics a bunch and just disallow this trick. It also changes scroller behaviour which I used for voodoo closet, so you can also just idclip past that onto the platforms, but I wouldn't know if the map would work normally or break on other parts.

Edit: oops didn't see that this was already answered oops

Edited by besus