Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demonic Meatball

Attempt Cereson : the Anti Plutonia Community Project (Map slots available)

I wasn't expecting to care about a WAD that's pretty much a bunch of fancy Wolfenstein maps, but idk, the idea of contributing on reviving a project in need and making the less boring map possible with these kind of restriction kinda interest me! Give me a later hell map. I don't vibe with sci-fi, and my primitive monkey brain refuse to make any map that it consider too easy for its weird standards.

My intentions are not to make a slaughter map or to go again the rules, but I have been thinking of stupid map names like "Nobody told me about Plutonia/Casali", "I actually like Plutonia :3", "REPENT!" or "Let the Casalism into your hearth", so you might have an idea of what I'm cooking. Please tell me now if you REALLY don't like this kind of approach.

It's just that when it is recommended to use zombie men, imp and pinky, it remind me of wolfenstein and its limited roster of soldiers, dogs and fake Hitler. But I'm the kind of people who say git gud unironically and don't really like playing the IWADs anymore, so don't worry about it, I have bad opinions anyway.

Is Deathmatch a necessity? I will try to do it if so, but I'm not confident at all in designing a DM Arena

10 minutes ago, DoomGappy said:

Is Deathmatch a necessity?

Yes, but not necessarily a deathmatch arena. You can do like the IWADs and just put some DM starts and DM-only weapons in your regular map if you prefer.

On 7/20/2024 at 2:46 PM, Demonic Meatball said:

Thanks Moustachio !

Friendly reminder to everyone involved : this project isn’t actually dead !

@Meyland12 @Wilster_Wonkels @Zulk RS @PinkFlamingo @Lina @DankMetal

Any updates ?

Yeah sorry I couldn't respond to this. I had no internet for like 5 days. But anyway... due to technical difficulties involving getting scammed by Computer guys, I don't think I can make a map for this anymore. I just don't have the right technical state to do it. So I might have to drop out.

What an odd Interesting project idea. What are the specifics on the monster types not listed in OP? Like barons, cacos, shotgunners, spectres, the reskinned wolf ss? Which are encouraged/discouraged/banned?

1 hour ago, Sneezy McGlassFace said:

What an odd Interesting project idea. What are the specifics on the monster types not listed in OP? Like barons, cacos, shotgunners, spectres, the reskinned wolf ss? Which are encouraged/discouraged/banned?

The OP says they can be used as much as usual

Started working on my map. I'll buy you candy if you get what this image is referencing.

3V22iLQ.png

30 minutes ago, DoomGappy said:

Started working on my map. I'll buy you candy if you get what this image is referencing.

3V22iLQ.png

Saw the SSG in the middle and my brain instantly went:

"Hello this is mtpain27"

1 minute ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Saw the SSG in the middle and my brain instantly went:

"Hello this is mtpain27"

Since my mapslot is 27, and this is the anti-plutonia, I guess it's very fitting, though I just can't capture the same vibe as the original. Oh well, it's all original from here on out!

Posted (edited)

A maze (without Archviles). What a concept!

50mTudG.png

Edited by DoomGappy

Posted (edited)
On 11/4/2023 at 7:22 PM, Hydrus said:

A Plutonia map : 
- Is more focused on gameplay than atmosphere
- Is is a natrual landscape
- Uses primarily brown and green colors
- Is relatively short
- Often restricts movement
- Is relatively difficult
- Usually puts traps behind its keys or weapons
- Uses lots of revenants, chaingunners, and archviles

Therefore an Anti-Plutonia map:
- Is more focused on atmosphere than gameplay
- Is in an artificial landscape
- Does not use brown or green colors
- Is relatively long
- Does not generally restrict movement
- Is relatively easy
- Does not put traps behind its keys or weapons
- Does not use revenants, chaingunners, or archviles

I'm thinking something from TNT or Icarus: Alien Vanguard might fit this description, but I don't know the specific map that does.

@bobstremglav I think @Hydrus put it nicely here. I know I'm guiding myself by this. Kinda helps that I'm a TNT enjoyer.

Seems like MAP05 isn't taken. I want to try doing something with it. How will I managed without revenants though, who knows.

Basic layout is ready, now I just gotta make... everything else.

image.png.e31235a57bb1ec2cdeb13fb10791640b.png

On 9/14/2023 at 4:58 PM, Demonic Meatball said:

Pop-up monsters,

Does this refer to all forms of monsters raising from the floor or just instant pop ups?

I'm interested in making a map for this! I want slot 20 if possible. A corrupted space station should be a suitable ending for episode 2

51 minutes ago, AshtralFiend said:

I'm interested in making a map for this! I want slot 20 if possible. A corrupted space station should be a suitable ending for episode 2

You got it !

@Demonic Meatball I want to claim MAP11 slot - given the premise of the project, it's the perfect slot for smooth transition to next episode. Also an excuse to build a spaceport map!