Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomGuy999

Cacodemon Sprite Origin

So there is this image of the cacodemon from doom doing the Pogger face, as seen here

image.png.c3014b8f302cbdf2e5823e699be1f7e0.png

I was wondering where this originated from, whether this was a joke or an unused sprite.

Just something on my mind.

58 minutes ago, DoomGuy999 said:

unused sprite.

Like, within the game files? Indubitably not, I'm afraid.

There's still teeth to the left of mouth (near the corner), so someone forgot to edit it out.

Just now, Guff dotD said:

Like, within the game files? Indubitably not, I'm afraid.

There's still teeth to the left of mouth (near the corner), so someone forgot to edit it out.

I didn't even notice the teeth. the roblox port of doom, Called ROOM, features it as an enemy

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

Yeah it's a hidden Easter Egg if you beat all of Episode 2 without saving or taking damage on Nightmare difficulty.

Damn... Hi Peter. Your music is great btw. 

Hidden Easter egg for beating episode 2 huh? Like I believe it. Now what is it found in? a special room?

11 minutes ago, Peter said:

Yeah it's a hidden Easter Egg if you beat all of Episode 2 without saving or taking damage on Nightmare difficulty.

The definition of mission impossible. If a TAS does it I will be impressed. Sounds like something to fit in a decino video about doom challenges deemed impossible.

10 minutes ago, DoomGuy999 said:

Damn... Hi Peter. Your music is great btw. 

Hidden Easter egg for beating episode 2 huh? Like I believe it. Now what is it found in? a special room?

All the Lost Souls in E2M8 get replaced with the Pogging Cacodemons but it must be done on a Thursday the 20th.

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

All the Lost Souls in E2M8 get replaced with the Pogging Cacodemons but it must be done on a Thursday the 20th.

Don't tell me you had to do it at 3AM.

No, but IIRC there was an unused projectile that apparently were intended for use by the caco as a defensive attack (as in, they'd react to damage with this attack). I'm not sure where it was I first heard of this, it was a long time ago. I think it basically was to be a faster and more powerful variant of their normal attack. 

On 9/23/2023 at 9:29 PM, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

It's just an image someone made by fucking around. It's actually rather poor looking in my opinion. And what the fuck is a pogger anyway.

You don't know?!!! It appears the moment you look it up. It's an expression which becomes paired with the look on the cacodemon's face. Pog is used when something good happens, especially in gaming. For example:

Person: I just beat a level

2nd person: POG

On 9/23/2023 at 6:11 PM, Peter said:

Positively pogocalyptic my dude.

On 9/24/2023 at 3:29 AM, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

It's just an image someone made by fucking around. It's actually rather poor looking in my opinion. And what the fuck is a pogger anyway.

The way I recall, Twitch has (had?) an emoji named "pogchamp" which was cut from some blooper reel of a video, where a streamer named Gooteks (or something similar), made a heavily exaggerated facial expression like that.

It looks goofy and funny, and people spam it in Twitch chat as a reaction to... I forgot what, actually, I usually ignore stream chats because they are typically a rapid blur of nonsense and emoji spam.

11 hours ago, ChopBlock223 said:

The way I recall, Twitch has (had?) an emoji named "pogchamp" which was cut from some blooper reel of a video, where a streamer named Gooteks (or something similar), made a heavily exaggerated facial expression like that.

It looks goofy and funny, and people spam it in Twitch chat as a reaction to... I forgot what, actually, I usually ignore stream chats because they are typically a rapid blur of nonsense and emoji spam.

Twitch should have an Easter egg on any doom stream where they replace pogchamp with cacopog. 

That's poggers.