Find results in...
Maribo

Miscellaneous demos (part 5)

4 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Afraid this demo does not play back for me, not sure why. :/

Huh...how I don't understand...?

5 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Afraid this demo does not play back for me, not sure why. :/

works fine for me. breathless got an update at one point, are you using the idgames version?

29 minutes ago, akolai said:

works fine for me. breathless got an update at one point, are you using the idgames version?

Hmm, no I remember downloading the wad long time ago from somewhere

1 hour ago, akolai said:

Doesn't play back either on my end, using the /idgames version.

5 hours ago, akolai said:

Yeah, I was using breathless_v2, which is the same on DSDA and idgames I think. Not sure what is going on.

Doesn't play back on my end either unfortunately. quadruple checked I had the right version but no matter what the demo desyncs about 3 minutes in :c

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, are you planning to upload this WAD to idgames?

Hi! Yes I do, but it'll take some time

On 5/13/2024 at 12:12 PM, Xyzzу said:

Don't forget to update my name on the archive

I assume you want to become Xyzzy with the Latin X?

2 hours ago, endoomer said:

So please add it to dsdarchive website

Yeah, will do.

Posted (edited)

You can alias it? I thought as soon as my demo here gets uploaded it goes to a new player page called "Xyzzу" (second y is russian), as that's what my name is currently and I believe it no longer needs changing.

I guess whatever works/looks correct since https://dsdarchive.com/players/yzzy isn't lol

Edited by Xyzzу

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Xyzzу said:

You can alias it? I thought as soon as my demo here gets uploaded it goes to a new player page called "Xyzzу" (second y is russian), as that's what my name is currently and I believe it no longer needs changing.

I guess whatever works/looks correct since https://dsdarchive.com/players/yzzy isn't lol

At least per how my script parsed your DW username, the second y was not Russian. I don't parse the textfiles, so not sure how it is there. In order for it to display normally in the URL, I assume the only way is to make it all Latin characters; I am not sure how DW displays the name in the URL, and I doubt DSDA would want to support non-ASCII-alphanumeric/underscore characters in URLs anyway.

Ah, well if it automatically goes to all latin letters as of my latest demo then that's fine by me!

3 hours ago, Xyzzу said:

I thought as soon as my demo here gets uploaded it goes to a new player page called "Xyzzу" (second y is russian), as that's what my name is currently and I believe it no longer needs changing.

Yeah, looks like this was what happened.