Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FanTazTiCxD

Mirage (known from Counter Strike) as a doom map!

Hello, I thought I wanted to share a map I made long ago.

This is a recreation of the map Mirage known from Counter Strike. In this version of Mirage, you will have to follow the instructions on the ground in the beginning, then use the teleporter to get to the map. (Don't shoot, or you will wake up the final bosses that will teleport into the map at the wrong time...)

Note: Instead of setting turbo to 50, you can also simply disable running. It has the same effect. BUT if you want to walk extra slowly, you can do that by holding shift only if turbo is set to 50.

I tried to follow the mechanics of Counter Strike by only using hit-scan enemies (except for a certain final boss - guess which! Big surprise :P), and instructing the player to turn on fast monsters, so that you'll have to be quick on the trigger, just like when playing Counter Strike. But if it becomes too hard, it's allowed to be turned off. Yeah, wolfenstein enemies are used too... I know some people always have a complaint if you use the wolfenstein soldier in non-wolfenstein themed maps, but honestly, Doom only has 4 types of hit-scan soldiers, so I wanted to have the biggest variety possible of hitscanners to resemble the variety of weapons you can encounter in Counter Strike... So... Deal with it :P

Difficulty: The map is built to be played on "Hurt me plenty" (medium). It doesn't have a different appearance in enemies or pickups in other skill levels, so it's up to you, actually.

Source-port: The map is build for GZdoom. It requires jumping, freelook and crouching (just like in Counter Strike)

Iwad: Doom 2 (map01)

Objective 1:

Spoiler

1. Get to the T-side spawn and press the switch

Objective 2:

Spoiler

2. Go back to CT-side spawn and up the staircase to shoot the switch

Objective 3:

Spoiler

3. Go back to T-side spawn and enter the room that just opened up and grab the good stuff

Objective 4:

Spoiler

Choose to either go to A bombsite or B bombsite to defuse the bomb. In order to defuse the bomb, you must stay in position over the bomb for a certain period of time. If you succeed, you win the level. If you fail, you die to the explosion.

IMPORTANT: Mute the in-game music!

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VCfZciYCtqcRaco1Jm6BxksaPL6jdGtu/view?usp=drive_link

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230727_020254.png.5ab8a6b3651a2f3d2c63e4f8fb5c8bfb.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230727_020328.png.dc4abc5fd31b22b85053293cddc36085.png

I hope you enjoy! Let me know what you enjoyed and possible disliked too. And if you have experience with Counter Strike. A gameplay reaction would be awesome if anyone would feel like recording themselves play the map.

Edited by FanTazTiCxD : Divided the objectives into 4 different spoilers so you can reveal one at a time instead of everything at once

On 10/30/2023 at 9:34 PM, ChaseC7527 said:

neato

Neato? Hmm... I wonder what you mean with that :) If you liked it, feel free to add more words about what you liked and vice versa

Try not standing on the bomb and see what happens :P No, it doesn't explode, but a crusher outside of the map will eventually reach the large amount of barrels below it, blasting damage onto a voodoo player and that way killing the playing player

On 10/31/2023 at 12:40 AM, FanTazTiCxD said:

Hello, I thought I wanted to share a map I made long ago.

This is a recreation of the map Mirage known from Counter Strike. In this version of Mirage, you will have to follow the instructions on the ground in the beginning, then use the teleporter to get to the map. (Don't shoot, or you will wake up the final bosses that will teleport into the map at the wrong time...)

Note: Instead of setting turbo to 50, you can also simply disable running. It has the same effect. BUT if you want to walk extra slowly, you can do that by holding shift only if turbo is set to 50.

I tried to follow the mechanics of Counter Strike by only using hit-scan enemies (except for a certain final boss - guess which! Big surprise :P), and instructing the player to turn on fast monsters, so that you'll have to be quick on the trigger, just like when playing Counter Strike. But if it becomes too hard, it's allowed to be turned off. Yeah, wolfenstein enemies are used too... I know some people always have a complaint if you use the wolfenstein soldier in non-wolfenstein themed maps, but honestly, Doom only has 4 types of hit-scan soldiers, so I wanted to have the biggest variety possible of hitscanners to resemble the variety of weapons you can encounter in Counter Strike... So... Deal with it :P

Difficulty: The map is built to be played on "Hurt me plenty" (medium). It doesn't have a different appearance in enemies or pickups in other skill levels, so it's up to you, actually.

Source-port: The map is build for GZdoom. It requires jumping, freelook and crouching (just like in Counter Strike)

Iwad: Doom 2 (map01)

Objective 1:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for sharing your map with us. I really like it. I would love to see more from you. Have you ever found yourself swamped with assignments for class and wished someone could do all the reporting for you? If so, you’re in luck! This https://www.grabmyessay.com/producing-book-report website one of the most trusted book report-writing services on the market. Let’s say you throw that hefty book on the table and our team of experts step up to the plate. They’ll read, take notes, and write a report that your toughest teacher will love. The best part? They’re flexible. You can use any source you like, and a perfect essay will magically appear. Say goodbye to book-related stress. With these experts at your service, you’ll have a stellar book report in just a few pages, ready to impress you and your teacher! Turn the page to success!

Objective 2:

Reveal hidden contents

2. Go back to CT-side spawn and up the staircase to shoot the switch

Objective 3:

Reveal hidden contents

3. Go back to T-side spawn and enter the room that just opened up and grab the good stuff

Objective 4:

Reveal hidden contents

Choose to either go to A bombsite or B bombsite to defuse the bomb. In order to defuse the bomb, you must stay in position over the bomb for a certain period of time. If you succeed, you win the level. If you fail, you die to the explosion.

IMPORTANT: Mute the in-game music!

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VCfZciYCtqcRaco1Jm6BxksaPL6jdGtu/view?usp=drive_link

Screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20230727_020254.png.5ab8a6b3651a2f3d2c63e4f8fb5c8bfb.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230727_020328.png.dc4abc5fd31b22b85053293cddc36085.png

I hope you enjoy! Let me know what you enjoyed and possible disliked too. And if you have experience with Counter Strike. A gameplay reaction would be awesome if anyone would feel like recording themselves play the map.

Thanks for sharing your map with us. I really like it. I would love to see more from you :)

Edited by JohnKeesler

Thanks. It is my impression that not many people from here are fans of Counter Strike - or maybe they don't have much experience with it. I would expect more people to find it super interesting seeing a map from Counter Strike remade in Doom, but maybe it's the wrong target audience ;P Maybe I should turn it around and share this with some Counter Strikers who also happen to be Doom fans, haha

I didn't play CS much and therefore forgot its mechanics a bit, which explains my huge failure of objective 4!

As a Doom map I really liked the progression in the appearance of increasingly stronger enemies.

[Let this remain between us but not having completely read your presentation of the map, I struggled to find certain secrets by doing improbable acrobatics before seeing that jumping/crouching was authorized...]

On 11/17/2023 at 2:23 PM, Custom Longplay said:

Doom 2 - Map: #345 - Mirage - [4K60ᶠᵖˢ]

Wow thanks for the video, I watched it all! Didn't even check my Doomworld account for long, and thought this thread was drowned in the sea of other threads, so I am glad to find that a few people still commented on it, and one person recorded a gameplay! Very interesting mod indeed. Almost makes my map look like something from the first actual Counter Strike game. Your mod allowed you to jump higher, so you cheated several times but ended up finding the secrets anyway. I wonder why the bomb got defused so fast in your video... Probably the mod too

You should try my other map "The Stalker" (find it here in another Doomworld thread) using that mod. It has the perfect light setting for the horror setting I was intending when I built that map, so I would be very curious to see you try that map using that mod