• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BaianãoDoido

NO MORE 3D CURSED MODELS FOR DOOM

16 hours ago, BaianãoDoido said:

Screenshot_Doom_20240208_225810.png.5910c665bc66408ee981885393bcd738.png

Screenshot_Doom_20240208_230054.png

Holy, I love this! The weapon model goes so hard here. You really outdid yourself. Would love to see them in a form outside the Doom Remake 4 mod, though.

On 2/9/2024 at 8:57 AM, B00m3rDoomer said:

You are talented. Do not listen to critics who would like to impose you their vision of the game. Believe in what you want to do and have fun. Like some others in this thread, I have serious doubts about the relevance of full 3D models in Doom, and questions about the possibility to animate all this smoothly. But I fully respect your dedication to this. This game evolved because people thought differently and wanted, step by step, to remove some limits and create new stuff. And I suppose this is exactly what you are doing. Big-up, don't give up.

thanks for the support

On 2/9/2024 at 8:57 AM, B00m3rDoomer said:

image.png.dccab0e239e9f41900be4e67484642fa.png

So far I've liked everything I've seen.

I can imagine these models in a detailed mapset, maybe with a high res rexture pack thrown in, and then they wouldn't look as out of place as some are implying.

If you are going to be making monster models too, and want the chaingun to be a bit more realistic. Then it might be better to just redesign it into more of an actual minigun, maybe something with a top handle that the chaingunner and player grab it from and put it under their arm, firing it with an ammo pack they're carrying instead of a comically tiny magazine, which is visually how the chaingunner does it too anyway. Basically something like this, but with a much slower fire rate.

5 hours ago, inkoalawetrust said:

If you are going to be making monster models too, and want the chaingun to be a bit more realistic. Then it might be better to just redesign it into more of an actual minigun, maybe something with a top handle that the chaingunner and player grab it from and put it under their arm, firing it with an ammo pack they're carrying instead of a comically tiny magazine, which is visually how the chaingunner does it too anyway. Basically something like this, but with a much slower fire rate.

it will be a big weapon but I don't want it to be disproportionate so the soldiers who will use it will have a different model almost like a freak with so many muscles like Ronnie Coleman so that it doesn't look human, I think this concept would make sense because in Doom 2016 the bfg doesn't It's so ridiculous because of the lore surrounding the Doom Slayer.

image.png.948a876ed5c0512e6cbfb46dece5ef65.png

image.png.302e66174f93bce311cfdbefc26fd3d2.png

I feel these are covering way too much of the screen.

Hi, got this error when loading weapons.zip with gzdoom :

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "WEAPONS.zip:modeldef.doom.weapons.txt" line 1:
MODELDEF: Unknown actor type 'Rifle'

On 5/18/2024 at 8:11 AM, B00m3rDoomer said:

Hi, got this error when loading weapons.zip with gzdoom :

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "WEAPONS.zip:modeldef.doom.weapons.txt" line 1:
MODELDEF: Unknown actor type 'Rifle'

RUN WITH BRUTAL DOOM 19 

For making 3D monsters not look weird and cursed. You will need to at least redo how they move at all. As bare minimum, you'll need to make them able to smoothly turn around instead of abruptly snapping at 8 cardinal angles like in vanilla Doom. Either by using a smooth turning library that IIRC works with A_Chase (I can't find it right now, but I'll update this post with a link if I do.), or by using entirely different movement code that just naturally can turn monsters around smoothly. Also either with A_Chase or custom monster movement code, it would be a good idea to switch from making long call frames calling the movement code like this:

TROO A 4 A_Chase();

To more frequent calls like

TROO A 2 A_Chase();

So they move smoother in straight lines too.

Posted (edited)

Here are new images of the Doom 3D mod that literally no one asked for. I decided to stop making the mod based on Brutal Doom simply because it becomes literally impossible to add frames and keep the animation smooth in-game.

New zombie models 3 variations of Shotgunguy 1 new model for the Zombie Man and Chaingun Guy All of them with new idle animations New zombie mob with BFG

I am still studying Doom's programming methods; maybe soon I'll be able to make more additions.https://imgur.com/a/HRI1kVb

Edited by BaianãoDoido

Posted (edited)

Mr. Chaingunner is missing his red armor. Could be made a variant as a submodel or something, bare chested, armor and damaged armor? Maybe it's just a nitpick of mine, who knows?

Oh and a word of advice: Don't be rude to those who provide critique or criticism that isn't productive (IE "this sucks", etc.) because that will just reinforce that you don't really care for your reputation on Doomworld (in the example of responding to Koko Ricky with an "ok boomer" reply). Brutal Doom has a reputation due to the original designer's controversies, so not everyone here will fawn over content made for it and its forks.

Showing respect (and modest replies) to those in the face of critics and critique is king here, the same applies to the ZDoom forums.